Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Hoppers

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   bigdog9586

bigdog9586

Legend

• Registered
  • 109 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:39 PM

When I got my hopper and 3 joeys i was a NEW CUSTOMER I wanted 2 hoppers and 2 joeys but was told if I wanted 2 hoppers I needed to get 4 joeys. I'm seeing here I think lots of you with 2 hoppers and 2 joeys. I think I would have to pay for the second hopper but was told no. Looks like I got screwed.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,930 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:48 PM

Escalate, call VP, PM to DIRT ppl here ... Don't give up !

#3 OFFLINE   RaymondG@DISH Network

RaymondG@DISH Network

Godfather

• Registered
  • 263 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 05:38 PM

When I got my hopper and 3 joeys i was a NEW CUSTOMER I wanted 2 hoppers and 2 joeys but was told if I wanted 2 hoppers I needed to get 4 joeys. I'm seeing here I think lots of you with 2 hoppers and 2 joeys. I think I would have to pay for the second hopper but was told no. Looks like I got screwed.

I am always happy to help. Please send me a PM with your phone or account number so I can assist you further. Thanks!

#4 OFFLINE   bigdog9586

bigdog9586

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 109 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:01 AM

I am always happy to help. Please send me a PM with your phone or account number so I can assist you further. Thanks!

Just want to thank you for your help and look forward to having a second hopper.

#5 OFFLINE   RaymondG@DISH Network

RaymondG@DISH Network

Godfather

• Registered
  • 263 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:44 PM

Just want to thank you for your help and look forward to having a second hopper.

I am glad that I was able to assist you!

#6 OFFLINE   bigdog9586

bigdog9586

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 109 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:07 PM

Dish installed second hopper this morning and guess what? Come to the forum and see 2.13 software lets two hoppers talk to each other. Man I love it when a good plan comes together.

#7 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,930 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:38 PM

Dish installed second hopper this morning and guess what? Come to the forum and see 2.13 software lets two hoppers talk to each other. Man I love it when a good plan comes together.

So far been reported - share recording on EHD.

#8 ONLINE   jefte1

jefte1

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 80 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:27 PM

hi all, question now that the hoppers can talk to each other, is dish still saying you cant have more than 1 hopper without adding a joey? i have seen soem people on different posts say they have 2 hoppers from local installer and no joeys. Is this correct? I can just have 2 hoppers? or is it still required to have a joey? thanks for your input in advance

#9 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,930 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:57 PM

hi all, question now that the hoppers can talk to each other, is dish still saying you cant have more than 1 hopper without adding a joey? i have seen soem people on different posts say they have 2 hoppers from local installer and no joeys. Is this correct? I can just have 2 hoppers? or is it still required to have a joey? thanks for your input in advance

yes
you could PM to DIRT member here to get it done

#10 ONLINE   jefte1

jefte1

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 80 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 05:27 PM

thanks for the info! i will check into that as soon as i get a external hd so i can back up all the shows we have recorded so far and dont want to lose when i switch over.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...