Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR34 Pioneer TV and RC65X

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   tsbrady1

tsbrady1

Legend

• Registered
  • 150 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:53 AM

I am having an issue turning on my HR34 and Pioneer PRO11xxx flatscreen. I have to slide the top bar over to TV and hit power 2x then slide the bar back to the left and hit power again to turn on the HR34, only the HR34 will come on if I just hit the "on" button unlike the old HR20-700 that hitting on turned on both the TV and the HR20. The D* tech was out this week and he said that is just the way it works and suggested that I get a Harmony remote because the RC65X wasn't very good. If I were to get a Harmony does it have the pip function that is easy to use and since I am just turning on the TV & the HR34 which one should I get. BTW.. I have tried reprogramming the remote and it still does the same thing

Thanks for your help!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Yoda-DBSguy

Yoda-DBSguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,083 posts
  • LocationA Galaxy Far, Far Away.....

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:14 AM

I am having an issue turning on my HR34 and Pioneer PRO11xxx flatscreen. I have to slide the top bar over to TV and hit power 2x then slide the bar back to the left and hit power again to turn on the HR34, only the HR34 will come on if I just hit the "on" button unlike the old HR20-700 that hitting on turned on both the TV and the HR20. The D* tech was out this week and he said that is just the way it works and suggested that I get a Harmony remote because the RC65X wasn't very good. If I were to get a Harmony does it have the pip function that is easy to use and since I am just turning on the TV & the HR34 which one should I get. BTW.. I have tried reprogramming the remote and it still does the same thing

Thanks for your help!

1. the Harmony is much easier to use and will incoporate all of the functionality of the origional remote including the elusive pip controls . they will be soft buttons on the harmony one or 900 models.

2. your DirecTV remote "should" turn on the TV when the switch is in the DirecTV position; however you probably set the wrong code during installtion. The RC65X is a 2 way remote that trys to autoselect however this functionality can be turned off in order to be manually programmed from within the remote option in the settings menu. try each code listed until the DTV&TV on/off dedicated buttons work correctly to turn both items on and off.

*Also; if you wish to be able to change inputs on the Pioneer TV from the DirecTV remote, or if your using an A/V Receiver for sound and want to lock the volume to that device as default, make sure to program the remote as follows:

SETTING UP THE TV INPUT KEY (RC23/RC64/RC65)

Once you have setup the DIRECTV Remote control for your TV, you can activate the TV INPUT key so you can change the "source" - the piece of equipment whose signal is displayed on your TV:
  • Slide the MODE switch to the TV position.
  • Press and hold the MUTE and SELECT keys until the green light under the TV position flashes twice, then release both keys.
  • Using the number keys enter 9-6-0 . (The green light under the TV position flashes twice.)
You can now change the input for your TV.

To DEactivate the TV Input Select Key, repeat steps 1 through 3 above; the green light will blink 4 times.

CHANGING VOLUME LOCK

Depending on how you set up your remote, the VOL and MUTE may control the volume only on your TV, regardless of the position of the MODE switch. The RC23/RC64/RC65 remote can be set up so that the VOL and MUTE keys work only with the component selected by the MODE switch. To enable this feature, perform the following steps:
  • Press and hold the MUTE and SELECT keys until the green light under the DIRECTV position flashes twice, then release both keys.
  • Using the number keys, enter 9-9-3 . (The green light will flash twice after the 3 .)
  • Press and release the VOL + key. (The green light flashes 4 times.)
Now the VOL and MUTE keys will work only for the component selected by the MODE switch position.

Locking Volume to AV1, AV2 or TV
  • Slide MODE switch to the AV1 , AV2 or TV position to lock the volume.
  • Press and hold the MUTE and SELECT keys until the green light under the selected switch flashes twice and release both keys.
  • Using the number keys, enter 9-9-3 . (The green light flashes twice.)
  • Press and release the SELECT key. (The green light flashes twice.)
RESTORING FACTORY DEFAULT SETTINGS

To reset all the functions of the remote control to the factory defaults (the original, out-of-the-box settings), follow these steps:
  • Pres and hold the MUTE and SELECT keys at the same time until the green light flashes twice, then release both keys.
  • Using the number keys, enter 9-8-1 . (the green light flashes 4 times.)

#3 OFFLINE   tsbrady1

tsbrady1

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 150 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:29 AM

Yoda, thanks for the reply, when the HR34 was originally set up the D* installer programmed the remote from his phone/device that he used to activate the HR34, when I tried to program the remote manually the on screen instructions tell me to point the remote towards the TV and wait for it to auto program. I don't have an option to enter codes like I did on my HR20 or my current H25's, I guess I don't follow from your instructions how you turn off the autoselect funtionality.

#4 OFFLINE   Edmund

Edmund

Remote Master

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,759 posts
  • LocationSouthern Ca

Posted 21 June 2012 - 11:53 AM

If you want to see the same menu options on the hr34 as you do other receivers, do the following to rc65x remote:

1. dtv
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT, wait for two blinks, release
3. enter 9 6 3
4. press CH DOWN
aka Tivoburkee

#5 OFFLINE   tsbrady1

tsbrady1

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 150 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:57 PM

Thanks Edmund, I will give it a try!

#6 OFFLINE   tsbrady1

tsbrady1

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 150 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:05 PM

If you want to see the same menu options on the hr34 as you do other receivers, do the following to rc65x remote:

1. dtv
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT, wait for two blinks, release
3. enter 9 6 3
4. press CH DOWN

OK now I see the codes but I am still having the same issue as above, can turn off the TV & HR34 but cannot turn it on w/o the above procedure!

#7 OFFLINE   wahooq

wahooq

Icon

• Registered
  • 922 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:52 PM

you can manually program an rc65x...just follow the directions here.....http://www.directv.c...nt/remote_codes....dont even go to the remote programming part of the settings
My comments and opinions are my own and not necessarily those of DirecTV.

#8 OFFLINE   tsbrady1

tsbrady1

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 150 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:38 AM

you can manually program an rc65x...just follow the directions here.....http://www.directv.c...nt/remote_codes....dont even go to the remote programming part of the settings

ok, I will try that but excuse my stupidity, the directions say to set the "mode switch" to device one, what is the mode switch? is that the slider bar on the top, and there is no "device one" listed on the slider bar!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...