Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

fittv?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   surfdude85

surfdude85

AllStar

• Registered
  • 52 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:59 PM

why can't dish get Fittv? (aka discovery health) just wondering..

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Lulu

Lulu

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:11 PM

I believe discovery cancelled that channel over a year ago.

#3 OFFLINE   Mojo Jojo

Mojo Jojo

Legend

• Registered
  • 122 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:26 PM

The channel is now Discovery Fit & Health.

Here is the site if you would like to see the TV schedule: discoveryfitandhealth.com

I thought that Discovery said that Discovery Health was doing poorly in ratings and that is why OWN took its place. As far as I know, Dish has never offered Fit TV. I remember when it was America's Health Network when we had cable.

#4 OFFLINE   surfdude85

surfdude85

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 52 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 04:59 PM

thanks guy's.. It's offered through bright house down here. Not going to cable for that 1 channel..

#5 OFFLINE   Inkosaurus

Inkosaurus

Icon

• Registered
  • 678 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 06:21 AM

I thought that Discovery said that Discovery Health was doing poorly in ratings and that is why OWN took its place. As far as I know, Dish has never offered Fit TV. I remember when it was America's Health Network when we had cable.

Yeah I recall that too, I also recall a press release saying that OWN would have some of the more favored shows from Discovery Health in there to make the transition a little easier for the fans of the channel.

Having never actually watched either OWN or DH I couldnt say if they made good on that promise but It wouldnt hurt to check the OWN listings to see if theres any of those shows you were a fan of on there.

spam firewall