Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

DVR Stockpiling: What's Piled Up On Your DVR?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw

HarpoonIPA

• Registered
  • 1,499 posts
  • LocationHalifax, MA

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:29 PM

Got a TIVO Premier XL a few weeks ago and I'm stock piling up on some of my favorite shows ever from the 50's to 80's
So far, mostly METV stuff

The Honeymooners (25)
The Untouchables (8)
Are You Being Served (11)
M*A*S*H (40)
Hogan's Heroes (35)
The Brady Bunch (6)
Car 54, Where Are you (6)
The Wild, Wild West (3)
Louie (2)
Deadliest Catch (1)
Longmire (1)

LG Cinema Screen 47LM7600
Pioneer VSX-1120
X1 unit and yes it's Comcastic
Comcast Triple Play

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   SPACEMAKER

SPACEMAKER

Freethinker

• Registered
  • 3,178 posts
  • LocationMason, MI

Posted 15 July 2012 - 07:36 PM

Finished with Axe Men today. Still have 2 episodes of Frozen Planet. A few scattered movies and documentaries. I'll never be totally caught up. haha

Living Room:
Sony KDL-55EX720
HR44-700
AM21
Sony BDP-S360 Networked
Bedroom:
Sony KDL-40EX720
HR24-200
Sony DVP-NS75H

#43 OFFLINE   TomCat

TomCat

Broadcast Engineer

• Registered
  • 3,568 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:26 PM

Old thread, I know; still a good one.

43 eps of How I Met Your Mother - stopped being funny about 44 eps ago. Myabe I just outgrew it, but I find I don't enjoy spending time with those people any more. Couldn't give a rat's hat who their mother is.

21 eps of True Blood - it just got really stupid about 23 eps ago.

37 eps of Criminal Minds - I liked the show at first but could not figure out why, since it is so dark and is always the same show each week. But at the time i thought it was good, and besides, the little blonde girl is cute. I finally realized that the last redeeming value of the show is that the little blonde girl is cute.

I expect to clean house and dump them all before September.
It's usually safe to talk honestly and openly with people because they typically are not really listening anyway.

#44 OFFLINE   gov

gov

Legend

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:23 PM

I didn't do a count, but I bet I have 50-60 episodes of Forensic Files on 3 different HR-xx's.

A friend of mine (detective, not victim) is on an episode, and several of his cohorts are on another. Amazing show, BTW.

Also have a pile of How It's Made episodes on 2 machines. If I blip through commercials on a show and need some filler, How It's Made is great as almost all the segments are 5-6 minutes long. Another great series.

I have a few 'keeper' episodes of several shows waiting to be burned to DVD, probably should get on that, one of my machines is an HR20 and I suppose the HDD could crap out at any time.

Stuff waiting to burn is some old cartoons, maybe 2 episodes of South Park, some local news segments on some business endeavors I am involved in, some locally produced PBS items on local interests, one ep of Molly B with a band I've heard play at an anniversary party, girls state basket ball tournament with cousins kid in it, and some national news coverage of a local disaster a few years ago. (I really need to get going on that!!)

I try to keep all 3 machines between 20 and 30% free in case of travel or a marathon.

#45 OFFLINE   Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,252 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:20 PM

Generally speaking we don't stockpile things we don't watch. We watch it and delete or don't record it.

Now, I library movies, lots of movies. Generally easier access than discs, especially for the kids. We basically only library two shows right now, Firefly and The Big Bang Theory.

Peace,
Tom

Go Packers!

My real treasures: 5 Grandchildren - S, D, M, M, C ; Now 5! Great-Grandtibbers - B, H, J, A, and M (Born 7/31/2011)

#46 OFFLINE   Holydoc

Holydoc

Legend

• Registered
  • 230 posts
  • LocationPanhandle, FL

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:51 AM

We are stockpiling three different series that I recently discovered. The only reason they are being stockpiled is because I am taping repeats as well as new shows. These include:

Good Eats ~ Love to learn WHY we cook the way we do
Spartacus ~ Heard it was good so going back to catch up
Big Bang Theory ~ Am current with this season, but catching up to the previous ones

Protected By... spam firewall...And...