Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Dish drops DishAmerica (HD) packages?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   clj2

clj2

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 08:07 PM

Just casually browsing around on the Dish website, I noticed that the DishAmerica (former Turbo HD) packages are absent from the website. However, they are still available in MyDish.

Is Dish phasing them out? They were pretty affordable if you just wanted some major HD channels.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   tampa8

tampa8

Godfather/Supporter

• Registered
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:24 PM

They are no longer available to new subscribers with a discount. I'm guessing to avoid confusion that's why are only listed to current subscribers.

#3 OFFLINE   RaymondG@DISH Network

RaymondG@DISH Network

Godfather

• Registered
  • 263 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 05:33 PM

tampa8 is correct. The DISH America packages are no longer available with a new customer discount, however they are still available to be added to an account at the normal monthly rate.

Edited by RaymondG@DISH Network, 25 June 2012 - 05:44 PM.

#4 OFFLINE   manny07

manny07

Mentor

• Registered
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:54 AM

Hi Raymond,

Is there anywhere we can check what channels are available on the Dish America program? I am trying to make comparison against the Dish America Silver plan on trying to see what additional channels I get.

Thanks,

#5 OFFLINE   Mojo Jojo

Mojo Jojo

Legend

• Registered
  • 134 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:43 AM

Hi Raymond,

Is there anywhere we can check what channels are available on the Dish America program? I am trying to make comparison against the Dish America Silver plan on trying to see what additional channels I get.

Thanks,

http://www.mydish.co...hannelGuide.pdf

I do not think that Sirius XM or Dish CD channels are included; I noticed a few slight errors like Epix Drive-In being HD only for example.

#6 OFFLINE   manny07

manny07

Mentor

• Registered
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:36 PM

Thanks Mojo.

Do you know if I can add the multisports package on the Dish America package? I was thinking of adding it once the football season started. I dont really need the extra channels on Dish Silver or Dish Gold.

#7 OFFLINE   coldsteel

coldsteel

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 02:07 PM

Thanks Mojo.

Do you know if I can add the multisports package on the Dish America package? I was thinking of adding it once the football season started. I dont really need the extra channels on Dish Silver or Dish Gold.

You cannot. Minimum for RSNets and MSP is Silver or At120+.
DISH 625 dvr

The opinions posted on this site are my own and do not represent DISH Network's positions, strategies or opinions. Unless I decide to be bad or call out an idiot...

#8 OFFLINE   manny07

manny07

Mentor

• Registered
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 02:34 PM

thanks Coldsteel. I had a feeling this was too good to be true. I'll just downgrade to 120+

#9 OFFLINE   Mojo Jojo

Mojo Jojo

Legend

• Registered
  • 134 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 04:40 PM

You cannot. Minimum for RSNets and MSP is Silver or At120+.

Another option is Dish Latino Dos ($44.99/mo). However, the channel selection differs from the America's Top packages.

#10 OFFLINE   TheSpider

TheSpider

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:42 PM

I do not think that Sirius XM or Dish CD channels are included; I noticed a few slight errors like Epix Drive-In being HD only for example.

maby that is just a type-o. i no that epix drive is knot in hd. i washed fire works last nite on that chanel and it is knot in hd. i wished that it was hd dough. four any won who wanders you can buy the epix package for sevan dollers a month and it is all hd exsept for drive in but you do get for chanels.

if dan is here i hope he will pm me or let me no.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...