Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Hopper Upgrade

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jmvolfan

jmvolfan

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:56 AM

I currently have Dish with a 722 and a 211 with 3 HDTVs. We want to upgrade to a hopper and 2 joeys but were told we have to have internet access. We have 3g wireless but with bandwidth limits I don't want it used. I was told this is a requirement to get the hopper. This is now the third time over the last 2 months we have inquired about this upgrade. The reason we did not do it before was because we were quoted 2 different prices on 2 different occasions. Can someone please point me in the right direction or give me someone to contact that can actually tell me what I can and cannot get and for the correct price.

Thanks.

PS I would message the DIRT team but my post count keeps me from doing so.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Inkosaurus

Inkosaurus

Icon

• Registered
  • 678 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:38 AM

How far in between were the two calls that resulted in two different quoted prices?

The prices arent just random or at the discretion of the agent, something as simple as a late payment could have knocked you down a tier in the customer hierarchy which would result in different prices being quoted.

Or one agent could have been an idiot :P

#3 OFFLINE   puckwithahalo

puckwithahalo

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:51 AM

How far in between were the two calls that resulted in two different quoted prices?

The prices arent just random or at the discretion of the agent, something as simple as a late payment could have knocked you down a tier in the customer hierarchy which would result in different prices being quoted.

Or one agent could have been an idiot :P

Oh, to have your freedom Ink :lol:
The postings on this site are my own and don't represent Dish's positions, strategies, or opinions.

-Puck

#4 OFFLINE   Inkosaurus

Inkosaurus

Icon

• Registered
  • 678 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 12:06 PM

:lol: It comes with a price, I sure do miss getting those sweet p4p/upsell checks xD

#5 OFFLINE   jmvolfan

jmvolfan

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 02:27 PM

Never late but still under contract. The first 2 quotes were 3 days apart. One was by phone and the other by chat. The issue that bothers me is the answers keep changing. I have never had any other issues with Dish customer service but the lack of consistency really bothers me.

#6 OFFLINE   RaymondG@DISH Network

RaymondG@DISH Network

Godfather

• Registered
  • 263 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 04:27 PM

I would message the DIRT team but my post count keeps me from doing so.

I have sent you a PM.

#7 OFFLINE   jmvolfan

jmvolfan

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 04:40 PM

Well it sucks that I can't send pm's yet.

#8 OFFLINE   jmvolfan

jmvolfan

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 04:41 PM

I may get into trouble but I want to reply to the pm so I am replying again.

#9 OFFLINE   jmvolfan

jmvolfan

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 04:42 PM

Bump

#10 OFFLINE   jon6205

jon6205

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 04:10 PM

Can a member of the DIRT PM so that I can contact them in regards to a hopper upgrade question? I don't have enough posts to send a PM.

#11 OFFLINE   RaymondG@DISH Network

RaymondG@DISH Network

Godfather

• Registered
  • 263 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:15 PM

Can a member of the DIRT PM so that I can contact them in regards to a hopper upgrade question? I don't have enough posts to send a PM.

PM sent.

#12 OFFLINE   PBowie

PBowie

Legend

• Registered
  • 120 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:30 PM

So I could replace my two 722s which have 1 HD one SD tv each for a hopper and 4 joeys? wonder if it would be cheaper? (somehow doubt it)

#13 OFFLINE   garys

garys

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,151 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:45 PM

So I could replace my two 722s which have 1 HD one SD tv each for a hopper and 4 joeys? wonder if it would be cheaper? (somehow doubt it)

With 2 722's you have a dvr fee of $6 + Extra receiver fee of $17 = $23. 1 Hopper can only get three Joeys (which is the same number of tv's by the way) would be dvr of $10 + three additional receivers at $7 each and would = $31. Your current setup would be cheaper, also 1 Hopper/3 Joeys only has three tuners so you would lose at least one. More if you use OTA on your 722's.

#14 OFFLINE   Simplylinked

Simplylinked

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:22 AM

I chatted a month ago and ask the rep what it would take to upgrade to 2 hoppers and 2 joeys. She just told me that no upgrades were availabe for me at any cost. I was confused. Been with dish since they were just echostar and even a stock holder and have never been told that no upgrades are availabe. Gee wiz I only have a 508 and a 522 if there is not an upgrade from that then maybe I need to be looking elsewhere. :nono2:

#15 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 905 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:53 AM

Please PM me your account number so I can review the options available to you for a Hopper upgrade. Please include the number of TVs you want connected and verify your 4 digit PIN number on your account so I can provide the information to you. Please let me know. Thanks.

I chatted a month ago and ask the rep what it would take to upgrade to 2 hoppers and 2 joeys. She just told me that no upgrades were availabe for me at any cost. I was confused. Been with dish since they were just echostar and even a stock holder and have never been told that no upgrades are availabe. Gee wiz I only have a 508 and a 522 if there is not an upgrade from that then maybe I need to be looking elsewhere. :nono2:

spam firewall