Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

0x136B

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Sea bass

Sea bass

Icon

• Registered
  • 667 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 03:31 PM

Received June 15th, just noticed today, any info on the update? Anything new? Just under the hood, UI??

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,906 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 03:52 PM

Which specific receiver is this for?
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#3 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,499 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 25 June 2012 - 04:26 PM

Looks like it's for the R15-500 according to the Firmware watcher.

#4 OFFLINE   Sea bass

Sea bass

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 667 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 05:04 PM

Sorry all, 0x136B on R16-300.

#5 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,906 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 05:50 PM

I'm guessing it's just maintenance, but I'll see what I can find out.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#6 OFFLINE   ThomasM

ThomasM

RF Engineer

• Registered
  • 4,317 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:45 PM

They recently tried pushing new software to the R15-300 and they all crashed. (See posts elsewhere on DBSTALK if you want details). Luckily, it was a staggered release and I never got it. Needless to say, they pulled it as soon as the phones lit up.

So they actually ARE still working on the software for the SD DVR's but just not doing very well at it. Maybe this is a blessing in disguise since the SD DVR's are still FAST, you can still "double asterisk delete" and you can still do trickplay with the PIG displayed. In fact, all the wonderful features that the HD DVR's USED to have are still there on the SD DVR's!! You just have to remember what "prioritizer" means... ;)

3LNB Phase III Dish * 2-R15-300 * R22-200 * D12-100 * DirecTV Subscriber since Y2K

#7 OFFLINE   Sea bass

Sea bass

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 667 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:33 PM

After update unit seems less sluggish. A bunch of new channel logo's were added too! Some more recent than my HR24! Nice to see these units haven't been forgotten and still get some needed "support".

#8 OFFLINE   ThomasM

ThomasM

RF Engineer

• Registered
  • 4,317 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Posted 07 July 2012 - 12:11 PM

After update unit seems less sluggish. A bunch of new channel logo's were added too! Some more recent than my HR24! Nice to see these units haven't been forgotten and still get some needed "support".

Judging from the number of 18" round DirecTV dishes I see while motoring around, there are still a LOT of SD-only customers (and DVR's!) on the network. I am one of them and have no plans to upgrade anytime soon. If I'm going to get stuck with a 2 year commitment, I want all new equipment and a super discount on programming for the first year (hint hint). ;)

3LNB Phase III Dish * 2-R15-300 * R22-200 * D12-100 * DirecTV Subscriber since Y2K

#9 OFFLINE   Sea bass

Sea bass

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 667 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 11:14 PM

This receiver is for the kids, SD works ok for them. I like the fact that the receiver is SWiM ready! Since the upgrade, this receiver is running super fast moving through menus & the EPG.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...