Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Fox Sports SW to be rebranded as Fox Sports New Orleans

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   thebigeazy

thebigeazy

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 48 posts
  • LocationSouth Louisiana

Posted 25 June 2012 - 03:40 PM

The is a copy of the new release from WWLTV.com, here in New Orleans:

The Hornets officially announced a long-term TV agreement with FOX Sports on Monday, a move that will make New Orleans’ NBA team the cornerstone of the network’s re-launched sports station in the city.

The new deal will broadcast 75 games per season, including any games that aren’t selected exclusively by the NBA’s national TV partners.

Terms of the deal and length of the deal were not announced.

Additionally, FOX Sports Southwest will re-brand in the city as FOX Sports New Orleans, becoming the network’s 21st regional sports network.

“This is an exciting time for the Hornets and their fans,” said Jeff Krolik, executive vice president of FOX Sports Networks. “The team has generated tremendous buzz with the No. 1 pick in the upcoming NBA Draft. We are delighted to be partners with them and look forward to a long and successful relationship.”

Besides Hornets game and pregame and postgame shows, the new network will show SEC sports and Big 12 sports as well as Texas Rangers games and Dallas Stars games.

The network is available to 1.6 million cable and satellite TV homes in the region.

I'm IN!
Pinkfish457

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,243 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 04:12 PM

The is a copy of the new release from WWLTV.com, here in New Orleans:

The Hornets officially announced a long-term TV agreement with FOX Sports on Monday, a move that will make New Orleans’ NBA team the cornerstone of the network’s re-launched sports station in the city.

The new deal will broadcast 75 games per season, including any games that aren’t selected exclusively by the NBA’s national TV partners.

Terms of the deal and length of the deal were not announced.

Additionally, FOX Sports Southwest will re-brand in the city as FOX Sports New Orleans, becoming the network’s 21st regional sports network.

“This is an exciting time for the Hornets and their fans,” said Jeff Krolik, executive vice president of FOX Sports Networks. “The team has generated tremendous buzz with the No. 1 pick in the upcoming NBA Draft. We are delighted to be partners with them and look forward to a long and successful relationship.”

Besides Hornets game and pregame and postgame shows, the new network will show SEC sports and Big 12 sports as well as Texas Rangers games and Dallas Stars games.

The network is available to 1.6 million cable and satellite TV homes in the region.

I'm IN!
Pinkfish457

so FOX Sports Southwest will add a FOX Sports New Orleans sub feed.
I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

#3 OFFLINE   Baldmaga

Baldmaga

Godfather

• Registered
  • 440 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 04:49 PM

Interesting. So I wonder what this does with Louisiana's access to Fox Sports Houston. Not that I care as a fan of the Diamondbacks, but as a resident of "Astros" territory, I assume we will also keep access to their home games.

#4 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 05:37 PM

Arkansas hates teams from Louisiana. Maybe they will finally give us Fox Sports Midwest so we can watch our "local" team, the Cards.

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

#5 OFFLINE   say-what

say-what

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,687 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 25 June 2012 - 05:44 PM

Interesting. So I wonder what this does with Louisiana's access to Fox Sports Houston. Not that I care as a fan of the Diamondbacks, but as a resident of "Astros" territory, I assume we will also keep access to their home games.

The Astros and Rockets are moving to Comcast SportsNet Houston

#6 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,243 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:02 PM

cable views may miss out and directv viewers likely will get both.
I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

#7 OFFLINE   Beachcomber12

Beachcomber12

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:48 PM

Arkansas hates teams from Louisiana. Maybe they will finally give us Fox Sports Midwest so we can watch our "local" team, the Cards.

Davenlr,

According to D* website fox Midwest is your local sports station. It is mine in Fort Smith.

Beachcomber12

#8 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:56 PM

Davenlr,

According to D* website fox Midwest is your local sports station. It is mine in Fort Smith.

Beachcomber12

Supposed to be, but they give us FSSW.
Tried the "sports finder" on the website, but it doesnt work for me. Just gives me a blank page. Has since hey started putting that "DirecTv anywhere" all over the pages.

Comcast gives me FSSW and FSMW, but the Midwest one is in SD on cable.

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

#9 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,801 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:52 PM

The Astros and Rockets are moving to Comcast SportsNet Houston

Yet another new R$N that D* will have to add.

#10 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,495 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:58 PM

Hmm, FSSW is the main station here in Dallas.

Now we'll watch NO stuff?

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

#11 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 08:02 PM

Yet another new R$N that D* will have to add.

Fox and Comcast have seen the gravy train. One RSN per team. And D* dare not say no to one, or else ;)

#12 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,495 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 25 June 2012 - 08:11 PM

Read the thread, thanks for asking.

The only mention of a sub-channel is in post #2 which sounded more like a question than a statement.

The OP mentions FSSW will be rebranded in NO, but also seems to state that all those Hornets games (75, if you read the post) will be shown across the entire FSSW, not just the rebranded FSNO.

So, back to my post:

The answer, after reading the thread twice, seems to be YES.

Any other questions?

#13 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,801 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 25 June 2012 - 08:13 PM

Fox and Comcast have seen the gravy train. One RSN per team. And D* dare not say no to one, or else ;)

Well according to Wikipedia, D* had the opportunity to get a Root Sports Houston but the Astros and Rockets wanted ownership in the RSN and Comcast gave it to them.

#14 OFFLINE   espnjason

espnjason

Armchair Referee

• Registered
  • 529 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:01 AM

The OP mentions FSSW will be rebranded in NO, but also seems to state that all those Hornets games (75, if you read the post) will be shown across the entire FSSW, not just the rebranded FSNO.

So, back to my post:
Any other questions?

This will act in the same principle as FS Oklahoma which they will show the Rangers and Stars in addition to the Thunder.

Subscribed to DirecTV for NFL Sunday Ticket, remained a subscriber for international football.

#15 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,700 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:57 AM

The only mention of a sub-channel is in post #2 which sounded more like a question than a statement.

So, back to my post:

Any other questions?

Key phrase from article:

"Additionally, FOX Sports Southwest will re-brand in the city as FOX Sports New Orleans, becoming the network’s 21st regional sports network"

The article is a local piece aimed at New Orleans readers.
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

#16 OFFLINE   adkinsjm

adkinsjm

Icon

• Registered
  • 914 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:43 AM

So, back to my post:

Any other questions?

If you think Hornets games would be shown in Dallas, I don't know what to tell you.

#17 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,495 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:51 AM

You could tell me where it says otherwise, because while that's probably true, the release doesn't specifically state that and is very ambiguous.

Which is why I originally asked the question.

But thanks for playing.

#18 OFFLINE   jmpfaff

jmpfaff

AllStar

• Registered
  • 56 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 04:59 PM

Spartanstew,

Fox Sports Houston shows Rangers & Stars games in addition to the Astros & Rockets.

I know we used to get some occasional Spurs & Mavericks games, but I wasn't paying attention this year to see if that was still happening.

My guess is that you will get some Hornets games on nights when the Mavericks aren't playing.

One thing I am interested in is whether the Rangers games continue to be shown down here after the Astros move to the American League next year -- or if we are only allowed to see both because they are currently in different leagues.

#19 OFFLINE   adkinsjm

adkinsjm

Icon

• Registered
  • 914 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:24 PM

Spartanstew,

Fox Sports Houston shows Rangers & Stars games in addition to the Astros & Rockets.

I know we used to get some occasional Spurs & Mavericks games, but I wasn't paying attention this year to see if that was still happening.

My guess is that you will get some Hornets games on nights when the Mavericks aren't playing.

One thing I am interested in is whether the Rangers games continue to be shown down here after the Astros move to the American League next year -- or if we are only allowed to see both because they are currently in different leagues.

Your guess would be wrong. There is no chance Hornets games will be shown in Texas.

#20 OFFLINE   ronsanjim

ronsanjim

Godfather

• Registered
  • 417 posts
  • LocationCherokee Village, AR

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:07 AM

Amused by all these "interpretations" of the NO press release. For us in Arkansas/Texas RSN, FS Southwest will not change for us. Still able to catch the Rangers/Astros as our local teams. If we want the Cardinals, they are available via the Sports Pak addition.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...