Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Fox Sports SW to be rebranded as Fox Sports New Orleans

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Eksynyt

Eksynyt

Icon

• Registered
  • 834 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:20 PM

So this means that the only teams that won't have their local games on DirecTV are:

All of the Canadian NHL teams (their RSNs aren't part of any package, tho their games are often in SD on Center Ice) and the Philadelphia Flyers (CSN Philly will never be on DirecTV)

The Toronto Raptors (not sure what their RSN is), Philadelphia 76ers (CSN Philly will never be on DirecTV), and the Portland Trailblazers (CSN Northwest will never be on DirecTV)

And the Toronto Blue Jays (on Rogers Sportsnet, which isn't on DirecTV) and the Philadelphia Phillies (CSN Philly will never be on DirecTV)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   lokar

lokar

Icon

• Registered
  • 681 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:28 PM

So this means that the only teams that won't have their local games on DirecTV are:

All of the Canadian NHL teams (their RSNs aren't part of any package, tho their games are often in SD on Center Ice) and the Philadelphia Flyers (CSN Philly will never be on DirecTV)

The Toronto Raptors (not sure what their RSN is), Philadelphia 76ers (CSN Philly will never be on DirecTV), and the Portland Trailblazers (CSN Northwest will never be on DirecTV)

And the Toronto Blue Jays (on Rogers Sportsnet, which isn't on DirecTV) and the Philadelphia Phillies (CSN Philly will never be on DirecTV)

DirecTV has more of a chance of carrying CSN and CSN NW than carrying Rogers Sportsnet or any of its' regional feeds. Since D* isn't in Canada, they will never carry those RSNs, although they usually show some games from them in their league season packages.

#23 OFFLINE   Eksynyt

Eksynyt

Icon

• Registered
  • 834 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:23 PM

What RSN are the Toronto Raptors on?

#24 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,235 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:13 PM

What RSN are the Toronto Raptors on?

TSN, TSN2, Rogers Sportsnet, and Sportsnet One. NBA TV Canada airs pre-game programming and encore presentations of Raptors games ("Raptors Game in An Hour").
I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

#25 OFFLINE   Shad

Shad

Legend

• Registered
  • 100 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:25 PM

Arkansas hates teams from Louisiana. Maybe they will finally give us Fox Sports Midwest so we can watch our "local" team, the Cards.

You mean the Royals, right?

#26 OFFLINE   KyL416

KyL416

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,069 posts
  • LocationTobyhanna, PA

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:28 PM

TSN, TSN2, Rogers Sportsnet, and Sportsnet One. NBA TV Canada airs pre-game programming and encore presentations of Raptors games ("Raptors Game in An Hour").

I've seen NBA league pass and NHL Center Ice carry Canadian Feeds from TSN and Sportsnet at times. Since the NBA actually handles distribution rights of the games for League Pass even the 76ers feed has been available in some cases, but not to local viewers in the territory.

As for Blue Jays and Raptors, I wouldn't call their TV deal as an RSN, since they're currently the only teams in Canada their games are available nationwide in Canada. In many cases for the Raptors and Blue Jays either all the regional Sportsnet stations will carry the game live or if there's a conflict because of a local NHL game, who's rights are regional in Canada, the NHL game will be shown locally and the national game will air on Sportsnet One in the region.

The NHL is even more complicated, the Leafs have their own network, and up until recently before the launch of the Sportsnet One feed many other teams had games on PPV when they weren't on Sportsnet.

#27 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,235 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:10 PM

I've seen NBA league pass and NHL Center Ice carry Canadian Feeds from TSN and Sportsnet at times. Since the NBA actually handles distribution rights of the games for League Pass even the 76ers feed has been available in some cases, but not to local viewers in the territory.

As for Blue Jays and Raptors, I wouldn't call their TV deal as an RSN, since they're currently the only teams in Canada their games are available nationwide in Canada. In many cases for the Raptors and Blue Jays either all the regional Sportsnet stations will carry the game live or if there's a conflict because of a local NHL game, who's rights are regional in Canada, the NHL game will be shown locally and the national game will air on Sportsnet One in the region.

The NHL is even more complicated, the Leafs have their own network, and up until recently before the launch of the Sportsnet One feed many other teams had games on PPV when they weren't on Sportsnet.

don't forget tsn habs and tsn jets.
I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

#28 OFFLINE   Coca Cola Kid

Coca Cola Kid

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,600 posts
  • LocationMt. Morris, MI

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:59 PM

Anybody see this? Some cybersquatter bought foxsportsneworleans.com.

Edited by Coca Cola Kid, 07 July 2012 - 01:52 PM.

DIRECTV customer

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of other DIRECTV customers

My giant list of missing or wrong logos

#29 OFFLINE   Baldmaga

Baldmaga

Godfather

• Registered
  • 440 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:14 AM

FSNewOrleans or FoxSportsNOLA would be better anyway. That one is much too wordy

#30 OFFLINE   tulanejosh

tulanejosh

Godfather

• Registered
  • 425 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 11:46 PM

Spartanstew,

Fox Sports Houston shows Rangers & Stars games in addition to the Astros & Rockets.

I know we used to get some occasional Spurs & Mavericks games, but I wasn't paying attention this year to see if that was still happening.

My guess is that you will get some Hornets games on nights when the Mavericks aren't playing.

One thing I am interested in is whether the Rangers games continue to be shown down here after the Astros move to the American League next year -- or if we are only allowed to see both because they are currently in different leagues.

You don't quite understand how Texas law works. Texas as a whole is the market for both the rangers and the Astros. Thats why they show both teams on the network. It doesn't work that way for out if market teams like the hornets. Do not infer anything from how we treat our baseball teams in Texas. Totally different reasons.

This channel is a sub feed and nothing more. No offense to new Orleans but e current FSSW serves a much much larger set if markets and there's not a chance in hell that Fox Sports turns over a major property for a market that lacks more than 2mm people.

#31 OFFLINE   maartena

maartena

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,815 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:55 AM

FSNewOrleans or FoxSportsNOLA would be better anyway. That one is much too wordy

FS N'Awlins. :D
[Disclaimer] The definition of "soon" is based solely on DirecTV's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "soon" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

I am the Stig.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...