Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Auto-hop

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   misterp

misterp

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 04:47 PM

I would guess that maybe 25% of the time when I come home, auto-hop is not available on my PTAT shows. I don't see the kangaroo icon on any shows whatsoever, even shows that I had watched the night before.

My video signal looks good, the internet connection looks good, I just can't hop. Then I'll try again the next day and things are working normal again. Any ideas?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,544 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:11 PM

What shows and what channel/networks?

Some shows apparently are not processed by PTAT, like local ones I think.

-- I like to go fast (not really)

#3 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,766 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:26 PM

Try make cold reboot every day - disconnect power cord of h2k for 15 sec.

#4 OFFLINE   RaymondG@DISH Network

RaymondG@DISH Network

Godfather

• Registered
  • 263 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:05 PM

I would guess that maybe 25% of the time when I come home, auto-hop is not available on my PTAT shows. I don't see the kangaroo icon on any shows whatsoever, even shows that I had watched the night before.

My video signal looks good, the internet connection looks good, I just can't hop. Then I'll try again the next day and things are working normal again. Any ideas?

Please send me a PM with your phone or account number and I'll be happy to assist you with some troubleshooting. Thank you!

#5 OFFLINE   misterp

misterp

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:39 PM

Raymond - I will get in touch with you, I appreciate your quick responses on all of these issues. Since I'm still kind of new to hopper I'm going to try to collect all of my issues together first - some may be minor user-errors on my part that the forum can help with.

Thanks.

#6 OFFLINE   misterp

misterp

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:41 PM

@Stewart: this affects ALL of PTAT. I can't skip any show, on any network. The kangaroo icon is completely gone, even from shows that were skipping perfectly fine the day before.

#7 OFFLINE   mocia

mocia

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:43 AM

I have been having the same issue. We got the Hopper on Friday the 22nd of June, had no problems with the auto hop feature until Wednesday the 27th (everything recorded that evening we are able to auto hop) but on Thursday the 28th from then until current unable to auto hop any of the shows recently recorded using PTAT.

I noticed that there was a software update on Wednesday, but like the thread starter we are new to the hopper and may have done something wrong. Any help would be great.

Thanks,
Ron

#8 OFFLINE   bigdog9586

bigdog9586

Legend

• Registered
  • 109 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:00 AM

I went to my PRIMETIME folder and all the shows before July 1 have the red kangaroo icon in the top right corner. Everything recorded July 1 don't have it. Looks like the suit by the networks scared them.

#9 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,612 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:49 PM

Sorry ... but all my kangaroos are still there, including on last night's shows. The theory that DISH had quietly ended Autohop is false.

#10 OFFLINE   oldengineer

oldengineer

Godfather

• Registered
  • 455 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 06:50 AM

Last nights PTAT shows were OK on both Hoppers except for Fox News, which was disabled. However both Hoppers had about 25-50% of shows disabled from 6/29-7/1. This seems to be an S213 problem.

2H/1J

spam firewall