Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Hopper Timer Issues

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   potsey2007

potsey2007

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:18 AM

I just got a 1 Hopper/1 Joey setup installed yesterday and have seen some issues with setting up series timers and wanted to see if anyone else has had these issues.

I set up a new series that runs new episodes on Wednesday nights at 8:00pm. The only other thing that records that night is PrimeTime Anytime. Looking at the daily schedule, this is not recording on Wednesday night but is instead recording on Saturday morning. The reason why the episode is not recording on Wednesday is because it is already scheduled (on Saturday).

Why is this happening? Why does it schedule a repeat on Saturday first then try on Wednesday when it is a new episode and fail because it is already scheduled for Saturday? I can force it to tape the Wednesday episode just fine but would have to do that every week.

Would the only solution to this problem be to set up a weekly recording? The series in question is Million Dollar Listing on Bravo but I have seen some weird things like this for other series as well. Thanks for your help!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,131 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:55 AM

It may be that you need to hold off for a little bit. It may sound odd, but we've been figuring out that Hoppers, like their parent ViP922, need a 24-hour 'resting' time to start working normally.

"Belligerent and numerous."

Sometimes I update the Dish Network FAQ

AT200, Hopper & 360 via HDMI to Onkyo 505 to basement 42" Westy, Hopper via Comp-over-Cat5 to living room 42" Vizio with a Roku 3, Joey to Toshiba 32" LCD with a Logitech Revue. You want fries with that? Pull up to the 2nd window.

#3 OFFLINE   RaymondG@DISH Network

RaymondG@DISH Network

Godfather

• Registered
  • 263 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:40 PM

I would like to offer my assistance and help you with some troubleshooting. Please send me a PM with your phone or account number so I can assist you further. Thank you!

#4 OFFLINE   potsey2007

potsey2007

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:09 PM

It may be that you need to hold off for a little bit. It may sound odd, but we've been figuring out that Hoppers, like their parent ViP922, need a 24-hour 'resting' time to start working normally.

That was the problem. I removed all timers last night and re-added them and everything looked good after that. Thanks for the suggestion!

#5 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,131 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:26 PM

Glad it helped. It's really weird, but it probably has to do with software updates that are pushed via satellite overnight.

"Belligerent and numerous."

Sometimes I update the Dish Network FAQ

AT200, Hopper & 360 via HDMI to Onkyo 505 to basement 42" Westy, Hopper via Comp-over-Cat5 to living room 42" Vizio with a Roku 3, Joey to Toshiba 32" LCD with a Logitech Revue. You want fries with that? Pull up to the 2nd window.

#6 OFFLINE   potsey2007

potsey2007

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:50 AM

Yes I think that has to do with it. I noticed that evening that nothing came up when I tried to search, which I thought was weird. I created my timers using the website instead which is when I saw the issues. The next night the search feature was working just fine

#7 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 905 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:15 PM

Newly installed Hoppers/Joey take 24-48 hours to update everything. When I first installed my Hopper and performed a search for a program, it did not display any results. The next day I performed the same search and multiple results were displayed. I've had my Hopper since mid-March. If you have further questions, please let me know. Thanks.

I just got a 1 Hopper/1 Joey setup installed yesterday and have seen some issues with setting up series timers and wanted to see if anyone else has had these issues.

I set up a new series that runs new episodes on Wednesday nights at 8:00pm. The only other thing that records that night is PrimeTime Anytime. Looking at the daily schedule, this is not recording on Wednesday night but is instead recording on Saturday morning. The reason why the episode is not recording on Wednesday is because it is already scheduled (on Saturday).

Why is this happening? Why does it schedule a repeat on Saturday first then try on Wednesday when it is a new episode and fail because it is already scheduled for Saturday? I can force it to tape the Wednesday episode just fine but would have to do that every week.

Would the only solution to this problem be to set up a weekly recording? The series in question is Million Dollar Listing on Bravo but I have seen some weird things like this for other series as well. Thanks for your help!

spam firewall