Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Hopper - S213/Joey S265 Software Experiences/Bugs

• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,706 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 28 June 2012 - 05:49 PM

You're counting my words, while I did try to count the company's.... ;) Actually we got no one word about the S2.13 and such 'Easter Egg' as MRV or whatever named as such.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   bgullicksen

bgullicksen

Legend

• Registered
  • 234 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 06:30 PM

I have two hoppers and two joeys. One pair, hopper and joey is working perfectly. The good hopper can see the second and play its recordings, etc.

The second pair will not link. The joey just keeps searching for it's hopper. The hopper only sees the Hopper Internet Connector. The DVR Menu does not have the hopper selector menu, that space is just blank.

It can't see any other devices, but functions as a standalone system. Can't say this software is working very well for me. I've tried reseting both hopper and joey, I've disconnected the joey, then pulled the power on the hopper. Waited 5 minutes powered on the hopper and after it was fully up powered up the joey. They just won't connect so I've lost use of one TV. I've done the power off / on 4 times with no success.
-----------------------------------------------
Dish Network - Since 2010
America's Everything Pak
2 Hoppers
2 Joeys
1 Sling Adapter
Blockbuster @Home

#43 OFFLINE   gregleg

gregleg

AllStar

• Registered
  • 53 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 10:02 PM

Can you tell, what time of S213 update?

Hopper 1 received S213 on 6/26 at 4:05am.

Hopper 2 received S213 on 6/28 at 2:22am.

During the time the versions didn't match, Hopper 2 and both Joeys were acting very erratically. If I had to guess I'd say something in the updated network protocol for S213/S265 wasn't fully backwards-compatible with the earlier versions, causing a confused system until everyone spoke the same language.

#44 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,706 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 29 June 2012 - 12:14 AM

I don't see any new spool for the models.

Only new test for ViP722: L7.25.

#45 OFFLINE   gregleg

gregleg

AllStar

• Registered
  • 53 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 06:35 AM

The second pair will not link. The joey just keeps searching for it's hopper. The hopper only sees the Hopper Internet Connector. The DVR Menu does not have the hopper selector menu, that space is just blank.

What happens if you pair that Joey to the working Hopper? Since you say the working Hopper can see the "bad" one's recordings, pairing that Joey to the working Hopper should at least give you the ability to view recordings, which would get you your lost TV back...

#46 OFFLINE   oldengineer

oldengineer

Godfather

• Registered
  • 446 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 06:56 AM

I got the updates on both H/J on 6-28. Everything is working OK as far as MRV functions. The Joeys now have DHCP assigned IP addresses from my router.

One of my Hoppers has a problem dropping local channels from custom favs lists, This problem was not corrected by S213 and in fact seems to have gotten worse.

2H/1J

#47 OFFLINE   BarneyC

BarneyC

Mentor

• Registered
  • 44 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 07:10 AM

Still beta testing the 265/212 combo. Still not working.

#48 OFFLINE   356B

356B

Icon

• Registered
  • 885 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:32 AM

With the 213/265 update can anyone see a EHD on the "integrated" Hopper?
Thank you and
Best of luck

#49 OFFLINE   bigdog9586

bigdog9586

Legend

• Registered
  • 109 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:38 AM

Got the update Wed on one hopper but other one and both joeys still on old software. Kind of makes it a pain when you can't watch recordings using all equipment.

#50 OFFLINE   hasbeen29650

hasbeen29650

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 46 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:07 PM

I got one Hopper and two Joey's updated. One Joey linked to unupdated Hopper. Had to power off and restart the Joey to get it to work.

#51 OFFLINE   oldengineer

oldengineer

Godfather

• Registered
  • 446 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:28 PM

With the 213/265 update can anyone see a EHD on the "integrated" Hopper?

I can see the EHD on the host Hopper and linked Joeys but not on the other (integrated?) Hopper.

2H/1J

#52 OFFLINE   356B

356B

Icon

• Registered
  • 885 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 06:03 PM

I can see the EHD on the host Hopper and linked Joeys but not on the other (integrated?) Hopper.

Me too, EHD visible to the other Hopper would be nice, maybe next time...:sure:
Thank you and
Best of luck

#53 OFFLINE   StringFellow

StringFellow

AllStar

• Registered
  • 101 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 07:16 PM

One of my Hoppers has a problem dropping local channels from custom favs lists, This problem was not corrected by S213 and in fact seems to have gotten worse.

I have been complaining about this for weeks (even to a DIRT member) and it has yet to be acknowledged as a bug. :mad::mad::mad:

I too drop local channels from my fav lists. Also my default fav list resets ever night usually. Always resets back to My Channels, change it back to my fav list, says for a night or maybe two and then resets. :mad:

BTW, this issue occurs on both of my Hoppers!

#54 OFFLINE   bigdog9586

bigdog9586

Legend

• Registered
  • 109 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 07:14 AM

How long does it take for Dish to push the update to ALL hoppers/joeys? I got one hopper updated Wed. and here it is Sat. and 2nd hopper and two joeys still have 2.12/2.64 software. This makes it a pain to get full use out of your equipment. We should get credited for putting up with this.

#55 OFFLINE   356B

356B

Icon

• Registered
  • 885 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 07:19 AM

How long does it take for Dish to push the update to ALL hoppers/joeys? I got one hopper updated Wed. and here it is Sat. and 2nd hopper and two joeys still have 2.12/2.64 software. This makes it a pain to get full use out of your equipment. We should get credited for putting up with this.

Give them a call, maybe they'll give you some PPV's..:alterhase
Thank you and
Best of luck

#56 OFFLINE   BarneyC

BarneyC

Mentor

• Registered
  • 44 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 08:13 AM

My second Hopper was updated to 213 last night. I am cautiously optomistic that my system is now operating according to spec.

Thanks again, Elves!

#57 OFFLINE   n0qcu

n0qcu

Legend/Supporter

• Topic Starter
  • Gold Members
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 08:53 AM

Well the new update finally got pushed to my Hopper. I am now able to watch shows on my other Hopper. I did notice that now there are ads at the bottom of the guide advertising pay per view movies. The ads basically take up one row of the guide at the bottom. I plan on complaining to DIRT and Dish customer service. I hated DirecTV when they did this and now Dish has followed. Why???????? Not to mention Dish pay per view rental fees are higher than most others (ex. Amazon, Etc.).

Because of this I will be boycotting any Dish pay per view movies until these ads are gone.

You can turn off the ad banner in the guide,.
YELLOW, 2, 2 then turn off EPG banner and save
Kevin

3 Hoppers
3 Joeys, all wireless
1 Hopper 2.0
YES, all Hoppers can see the recordings on any Hopper.

#58 OFFLINE   patmurphey

patmurphey

Godfather

• Registered
  • 518 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 08:55 AM

... I did notice that now there are ads at the bottom of the guide advertising pay per view movies. The ads basically take up one row of the guide at the bottom. I plan on complaining to DIRT and Dish customer service. I hated DirecTV when they did this and now Dish has followed. Why???????? Not to mention Dish pay per view rental fees are higher than most others (ex. Amazon, Etc.).

Because of this I will be boycotting any Dish pay per view movies until these ads are gone.

Ridiculous! Maybe you should look at guide format options before you go complaining to everyone.

#59 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,222 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 09:56 AM

How long does it take for Dish to push the update to ALL hoppers/joeys?

At least a couple of weeks. Updates are normally done with expanding ranges of receivers. A few hundred at first, then a few thousand working up to everybody. That way if there is a serious issue DISH can back off before bricking everybody's receivers.

This is one of those updates where it works best when ALL receivers are updated the same night. Not easy to do when DISH is doing ranges and receiver numbers may not be in the same range.

#60 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,222 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 09:57 AM

Ridiculous! Maybe you should look at guide format options before you go complaining to everyone.

It would help if something that was off didn't turn on when an update was received. :)

spam firewall