Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

HD Locals: Eugene, OR

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ONLINE   Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek

On the edge

• Super Moderators
  • 9,226 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:31 PM

DMA: Eugene, OR
Established: 6/20/12

Edited by Gary Toma, 04 July 2014 - 04:55 PM.

Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, Dish Network, or any other company.
Become a DBSTalk.com member or join the CE program HERE

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Wisegoat

Wisegoat

Icon

• Registered
  • 803 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:39 AM

Finally! HD Locals! No more rabbit ears!

No CW or My Network in HD, but since they are sub channels of NBC and Fox, and not in HD OTA, that was to be expected. We get every HD Local that is in the Eugene DMA, which is more than a lot of people in larger DMA's get.

At first viewing, everything looks pretty good. Actually looks better than the OTA versions, but that could just be my crappy antennas (OTA is a pain just about everywhere here, since half of the channels are in one location and the others are 130 degrees apart and there are numerous hills and trees in the way). I was told by an engineer at KEZI9 (ABC) that they are fed via Fiber (they are the DirecTV Uplink station for Eugene) and everything else is received via dedicated antennas. I did notice a little macroblocking in the pool water during the Olympic Trials on KMTR16 (NBC), but nothing I haven't seen in the OTA version. Everything looks just like it should.

#3 OFFLINE   forkball316

forkball316

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 29 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:10 PM

*Channel: NBC (KMTR) 16
*Date: 11/24/12
*Time: 10:07am
*Problem: Picture gives an orange tint to people on screen. This has been an issue for a few months now and is not a problem on any other local channel, including the OTA signal from KMTR.
  • Samsung LN-T4661F
  • HR21-700 w/ AM21
  • Onkyo TX-SR605
  • PS3
  • Toshiba HD-A30
  • Xbox 360

#4 OFFLINE   Wisegoat

Wisegoat

Icon

• Registered
  • 803 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:22 PM

*Channel: NBC (KMTR) 16
*Date: 11/24/12
*Time: 10:07am
*Problem: Picture gives an orange tint to people on screen. This has been an issue for a few months now and is not a problem on any other local channel, including the OTA signal from KMTR.

I have noticed this as well. Definitely a KMTR issue, as I see it on the OTA version as well. Only watch it during football and golf, so not a huge deal, but it does suck.

On a related note, I have a question on the channel line up numbering?

Why is KEVU channel 23? Why do they not show it as 34.2?

Why is KEPB channel 28 and not 29?

Why do we not get the CW (16.2) at all?

I have only lived in Eugene for 2 years, so I am just curious. I have an AM21, so I get all of the channels, but it would be nice if they were all there via satellite and with the correct channel numbers.

Any one know the reasons?

Protected By... spam firewall...And...