Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Contemplating the switch to Dish

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   dakeeney

dakeeney

Legend

• Registered
  • 177 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:16 AM

I just switched today from DirecTV (9 years) to DISH.

So far I'm liking the Hopper and Joeys.

Much better response times than my old HRs.

:D I was with Dish for two years, dropped them and went with DTV, and now I'm coming back to Dish. DTV foot drags when it comes to releasing the basic HD channels. They're concerened about rsn's and crap like that so I said the heck with them. I have been gone from Dish about 6 months and now I'm back with all the new customer promotions including the Hopper and 1 Joey. I'm glad I made the switch even if it means no AMC for awhile.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   paja

paja

Godfather

• Registered
  • 421 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 08:47 AM

:D I was with Dish for two years, dropped them and went with DTV, and now I'm coming back to Dish. DTV foot drags when it comes to releasing the basic HD channels. They're concerened about rsn's and crap like that so I said the heck with them. I have been gone from Dish about 6 months and now I'm back with all the new customer promotions including the Hopper and 1 Joey. I'm glad I made the switch even if it means no AMC for awhile.

Don't hold your breath if you think AMC is coming back. It will be back when MLB Extra Innings and VOOM come back

#43 OFFLINE   Jhon69

Jhon69

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,637 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:07 AM

Don't hold your breath if you think AMC is coming back. It will be back when MLB Extra Innings and VOOM come back

It's always nice to predict,but stranger things can happen,I would just say wait and see.;):D

Protected By... spam firewall...And...