Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Joey stopped playing DVR recordings

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ferris209

ferris209

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 07:28 AM

Howdy
My Joey and Hopper setup had been working great since installation a few after release. Just the last couple of days though the Joey in my bedroom stopped wanting to play the DVR recordings from my Hopper. I select a recording and click "start over" and nothing happens. I have tried unplugging both the Hopper and Joey then plugging them back in after a few minutes, still no luck. It just started this past Sunday, prior to that I was able to play recordings with no problem. Anyone having similar issues? Any suggestions?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,600 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 27 June 2012 - 07:57 AM

Do you have another Joey to test?

Can you play those recordings back from the Hopper?

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#3 OFFLINE   secretservices

secretservices

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:50 AM

I got the updates last night, 213/265 and my Joey will not play back Hopper recordings either! So much for this update!

#4 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,864 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:50 AM

Howdy
My Joey and Hopper setup had been working great since installation a few after release. Just the last couple of days though the Joey in my bedroom stopped wanting to play the DVR recordings from my Hopper. I select a recording and click "start over" and nothing happens. I have tried unplugging both the Hopper and Joey then plugging them back in after a few minutes, still no luck. It just started this past Sunday, prior to that I was able to play recordings with no problem. Anyone having similar issues? Any suggestions?

Check what FW version on it ? Press Menu twice for that

#5 OFFLINE   ferris209

ferris209

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 07:28 PM

Do you have another Joey to test?

Can you play those recordings back from the Hopper?

Unfortunately, I do not have another Joey to test. They play perfectly from the Hopper.

Check what FW version on it ? Press Menu twice for that

It says it is Firmware S265.

#6 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 914 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 07:40 AM

There was an issue with the Joey updating to the S2.65 software version but the Hopper, the Joey is linked to, still has the older version S2.12. Once it updates to the S2.13, the playback on DVR recordings will resume. If you have further questions, please let me know. Thanks.

Unfortunately, I do not have another Joey to test. They play perfectly from the Hopper.

It says it is Firmware S265.

#7 OFFLINE   husker61

husker61

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 08:57 PM

There was an issue with the Joey updating to the S2.65 software version but the Hopper, the Joey is linked to, still has the older version S2.12. Once it updates to the S2.13, the playback on DVR recordings will resume. If you have further questions, please let me know. Thanks.

i have had the same problem. when is this update going to happen?

dish tec support didn't say anything about this issue when i called them.

#8 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,864 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 09:16 PM

i have had the same problem. when is this update going to happen?

dish tec support didn't say anything about this issue when i called them.

http://www.dbstalk.c...59&postcount=62

#9 OFFLINE   husker61

husker61

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 09:23 PM

when and how are they updated? we didn't have power last night and most of today.

#10 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,864 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 09:58 PM

try to reboot it - RBR or power cord jinxing; turn it off by remote after reboot and wait, watch your TV screen for the process ...

#11 OFFLINE   husker61

husker61

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:37 AM

try to reboot it - RBR or power cord jinxing; turn it off by remote after reboot and wait, watch your TV screen for the process ...

thanks. everything is working this morning, i guess i did the right thing.

it would be great if dish would keep customers informed about things like this. this isn't the first time they have changed things and didn't feel they should inform their customers. i'm glad i found this forum to get real answers!

#12 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,864 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:25 AM

They don't want give us the information ...

That's why the forum exist - any user could drop a post what's going on with his equipment and anyone cold pickup the facts and discuss own ideas, etc.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...