Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Amazon Kindle Fire

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   fpembleton

fpembleton

Mentor

• Unregistered / Not Logged In
  • 48 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:26 AM

I have an Amazon Kindle Fire and have been very pleased with it in all respects - in my opinion, a great little tablet for the price. It has only been around since about last October or November but is already second in tablet sales to Apple's Ipad. Has anyone heard if Dish has any plans to expand the Sling TV Everywhere which i use on my VIP922 to the Kindle Fire? Recently, HBO Go was added to the Kindle Fire and my streaming experience has been outstanding.
"Revenge is the weak pleasure of a narrow mind"

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,320 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:38 AM

There's a SlingPlayer App at the Kindle Fire App Store which is probably the best choice although it is $29.00.

Before that was available, I sideloaded an Android version to my Fire that runs fine, though I'd call the quality SD. There's discussion about it in the Slingbox Answers Forum thread.

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

#3 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 911 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 11:32 AM

You need to be careful when purchasing applications for sling players. Our applications are free. I believe the application for $29.00 is for a Sling Box, which does not work with our Sling Adapter.

I have not heard if we will expand to the Kindle. If you have further questions, please let me know. Thanks.

There's a SlingPlayer App at the Kindle Fire App Store which is probably the best choice although it is $29.00.

Before that was available, I sideloaded an Android version to my Fire that runs fine, though I'd call the quality SD. There's discussion about it in the Slingbox Answers Forum thread.

#4 OFFLINE   fpembleton

fpembleton

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In
  • 48 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:21 PM

Thanks to both of you for the info and advice. Maybe Dish will in time develop and app specifically for the Kindle Fire. Dish is so innovative as an entertainment provider and I am sure that an app for the Kindle Fire may not be a priority. I commend Dish for all of the advances made since I have been a customer beginning in 1999. Professionals with the DiRT team like Ray go above and beyond the call of duty in my opinion.
"Revenge is the weak pleasure of a narrow mind"

spam firewall