Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Android Jelly Bean: All the New Features

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#51 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Kwisatz Haderach of Cordcuttery

• Registered
  • 3,141 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:43 AM

Oh, this looks good. http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1667418

"Belligerent and numerous."

SlingTV, Tablo and Plex to Roku 3s and Chromecasts on a Vizio 42" in the living room and a Toshiba 32" in my bedroom. Xbox 360 client on a Westinghouse 42" in the game room. Tablets EVERYWHERE!

I used to update the Dish Network FAQ but not anymore.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#52 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 22,778 posts
  • LocationLower Westchester County, NY

Posted 02 August 2012 - 06:26 AM

Aren't the reports that ICS is only on about 10% of devices, even though it was released last October? Even the major carriers are still selling phones with Froyo.

Big ICS jump in July, to almost 17%. Still a ways to go, tho.

http://asia.cnet.com...os-62218207.htm
/steve

#53 OFFLINE   Draconis

Draconis

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 4,422 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:49 PM

I'm just annoyed that my wife's Xoom has already downloaded it, and my Transformer Prime has not, (but they say it will get it).

#54 OFFLINE   tranglandmarket

tranglandmarket

• Banned User
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:14 PM

that's very helpful , thanks

#55 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 32,386 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 06:40 AM

I'm just annoyed that my wife's Xoom has already downloaded it, and my Transformer Prime has not, (but they say it will get it).

On "standby" here as well for my Transformer awaiting Jelly Bean.

The new performance enhancements and features will be welcome.
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

#56 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 32,386 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 06:44 AM

"Crashed" and "messed up" maybe some but "bricked?" Haven't seen that on XDA. Rarely ever is there a "brick" that can't be "unbricked" in minutes with the right tools (and the right forum). If your forum-folk has had soooo many issues it leads me to believe they aren't too, ummmm, knowledgeable. ;) I haven't had a crashed device since my first Android back in the beginning. Maybe because I don't run odd-ball apps. I don't even remember the last FC I have gotten. Again, maybe due to the apps I use. All pretty safe. I root them within minutes of taking them out of the package.

I don't dispute what you're saying...but I can tell you that many, many folks who attempted or executed rooting had a wide range of problems, and some bricking as well. To your point, it's not for either the faint-hearted nor uninformed. XDA loyalists tend to be some advanced users, so they likely have far better results.

My Android tablet has never crashed either.

As for Jelly Bean...based on the accelerated release of new hardware...I suspect it will be a dominant Android version within months of its release on each device that can run it.

#57 OFFLINE   Draconis

Draconis

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 4,422 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:48 PM

Well, my patience finally paid off, my Transformer Prime downloaded Jelly Bean this morning.

#58 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 32,386 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 06:42 PM

Well, my patience finally paid off, my Transformer Prime downloaded Jelly Bean this morning.

Very cool.

I suspect you'll have to go through the customary "tweaking process of a few updates"...but at least you're there.

#59 OFFLINE   Cholly

Cholly

Old Guys Rule!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,516 posts
  • LocationIndian Trail, NC

Posted 28 September 2012 - 08:13 PM

Jellybean is supposed to be coming for Samsung Galaxy tablets in October.

Charlie
--------------------

Family Room: Samsung UN60F7100 60" LED 3D TV; Samsung  BD-H5900 3D Blu-Ray DVD player; Yamaha RX-V663 AVR. Paradigm speakers - Focus fronts, CC170 center, PDR-8 subwoofer, Atom surrounds, ADP rear center; TiVo Roamio Plus DVR, Toshiba HD-A3 HD DVD player.
Bedroom: Vizio 42" 3D TV, Pioneer VSX-521-K AVR, Panasonic 3D DVD player, Energy Take Classic 5.1 speakers, Roku 2 XD, TiVo Premiere, Insignia HD radio tuner, Toshiba HD DVD player

#60 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 32,386 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 02:50 AM

Jellybean is supposed to be coming for Samsung Galaxy tablets in October.

...and on the original ASUS TF101 Android Tablet in November.

#61 OFFLINE   bobnielsen

bobnielsen

Éminence grise

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,294 posts
  • LocationBainbridge Island, WA

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:05 PM

An alpha version of CyanogenMod 10 (Jellybean) came out a few days ago for the B&N Nook Color. It's missing a few features but is quite nice and can only get better.

#62 OFFLINE   inmyopinion

inmyopinion

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:33 PM

i am using jelly bean on my old samsung nexus s as of now , im just curious because the 3x4 option for typing message is no longer available..

is there a way we can get 3x4 grid again?

#63 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Kwisatz Haderach of Cordcuttery

• Registered
  • 3,141 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:06 AM

i have no idea what you're talking about. I even googled it and found nothing. What's 3x4 grid?

"Belligerent and numerous."

SlingTV, Tablo and Plex to Roku 3s and Chromecasts on a Vizio 42" in the living room and a Toshiba 32" in my bedroom. Xbox 360 client on a Westinghouse 42" in the game room. Tablets EVERYWHERE!

I used to update the Dish Network FAQ but not anymore.

#64 OFFLINE   inmyopinion

inmyopinion

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:47 PM

i mean, on froyo and gingebread you have an option to change the format on how you type the message like the qwerty format or the 3x4 , ...

Protected By... spam firewall...And...