Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

question about remote control

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   runner861

runner861

Icon

• Registered
  • 859 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 07:32 AM

I have a remote control for my 622 with the number 2 on the bottom. I understand that this means that it is a UHF remote control. However, I would like to use this remote as an IR remote control in the same room with the 622. My 622 is in single mode and does not have the UHF antenna attached. Is it possible to use this remote as an IR remote? If so, how do I do that?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 914 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 08:01 AM

If you remove the Green # 2 tab from the bottom of the remote and look at the opposite side of the tab, you should have a Blue #1 tab. This should be the correct tab to use at your TV 1 location.

On your current TV 1 remote, press the Menu button 2 times to display the System Info screen. Towards the bottom of the screen you will see TV 1 Remote Address and TV 2 Remote Address. When programming the other remote, you want to use the same address for TV 1 Remote Address.

The instructions for programming the remote to the receiver are below:

1. Press the SYSTEM INFO button on the front panel of your receiver. Avoid accessing the "System Info" screen using the remote control, as this could cause re-addressing both impacted remotes.
2. Press and hold the SAT mode button on your remote until all of the mode buttons light up - All four mode buttons should light up
3. Use the number pad on your remote to enter a remote address between 1 and 16. The SAT button should light up
4. Press the POUND (#) button - The SAT button should flash 3 times
5. Press the RECORD button - If the steps are successful, the number entered in Step 4 should display on the "System Info" screen
6. Select "Done" to close the "System Info" screen

You need to program the remote to operate your TV, too. Please let me know if you have further questions. Thanks.

I have a remote control for my 622 with the number 2 on the bottom. I understand that this means that it is a UHF remote control. However, I would like to use this remote as an IR remote control in the same room with the 622. My 622 is in single mode and does not have the UHF antenna attached. Is it possible to use this remote as an IR remote? If so, how do I do that?

#3 OFFLINE   coldsteel

coldsteel

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:51 AM

Well, it should be a Blue #2 and Green #1, but essentially correct.
DISH 625 dvr

The opinions posted on this site are my own and do not represent DISH Network's positions, strategies or opinions. Unless I decide to be bad or call out an idiot...

spam firewall