Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Small picture on screen

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Hawgster

Hawgster

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 29 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 03:57 PM

When i got home today the picture on my tv looks like its in pip mode, so I try to get it back to normal screen but I do not know what has happened and can not get it back to normal size.Just a small picture in the upper left hand corner of the tv. I have not hit any button to affect the TV side so I figure it has to be the Hopper... This tv is connected to the Hopper...The joeys in other rooms are normal....

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   RaymondG@DISH Network

RaymondG@DISH Network

Godfather

• Registered
  • 263 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 04:08 PM

I just responded to your PM. The way you described it in the PM sounded like it was a formatting issue. Reading through your post it seems that you have PIP up, but a black screen on the main screen. Have you tried resetting the Hopper?

#3 OFFLINE   Hawgster

Hawgster

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 29 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 04:13 PM

if you mean turn it off no, but will now

#4 OFFLINE   Hawgster

Hawgster

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 29 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 04:16 PM

ok the power off fixed it thanks

#5 OFFLINE   n0qcu

n0qcu

Legend/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 05:48 PM

I just responded to your PM. The way you described it in the PM sounded like it was a formatting issue. Reading through your post it seems that you have PIP up, but a black screen on the main screen. Have you tried resetting the Hopper?

Raymond, that's a bug with S213. After using the guide the video doesn't return to full screen, it remains the small image in the upper left corner of the screen until you reset the Hopper,
Kevin

3 Hoppers
3 Joeys, all wireless
1 Hopper 2.0
YES, all Hoppers can see the recordings on any Hopper.

#6 OFFLINE   GeeWhiz1

GeeWhiz1

Legend

• Registered
  • 121 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:03 PM

That's what I like about having this site. My Hopper suddenly went to the small screen and I found the answer here with very little searching.

Resetting the Hopper worked. I just hope that it doesn't happen every time that I use the Guide.
Greg ... in the heart of the whine country

#7 OFFLINE   sregener

sregener

Godfather

• Registered
  • 583 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:35 AM

I had the same thing happen yesterday, but didn't use the guide. I turned on the receiver, pressed "DVR" and got the small screen in the upper left corner. I wasn't recording anything at the time, so a reset fixed it with no other issues.

This morning I tried both the guide and the DVR menus, and it returned to full screen.

If I see it again, I may try the PiP controls to see if somehow that's where the issue lies.

#8 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,206 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 10:25 AM

Hmmm ... mine was OK for the past couple of days and when I turned on my Hopper about 15 minutes ago but after visit the guide I'm stuck in small screen.

My wife was watching something on a Joey so I was avoiding a reset. I tried a music channel and it looked good but exiting left me small screen. So I tried an app (Pandora) after exiting I got full screen back - temporarily.

Looks like a reset is the only way out. :(

#9 OFFLINE   GeeWhiz1

GeeWhiz1

Legend

• Registered
  • 121 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:47 PM

Just an idea - collect all the bug reports in one relevant thread - "Hopper - S2.13/S2.65 Software Experiences/Bugs " what specifically created for the purpose.

Last days we got too many separate threads for same issues or for same version.

While I don't disagree with your suggestion in theory, I don't agree with it in practice.

First of all, it wasn't until the 5th post that someone mentioned S2.13. The original poster did not link it to a bug in the update.

Second, the vast majority of the discussion in the thread you mention is focused on Hopper integration. The few posts about this subject would have been lost in all the "clutter" about the major change.

For many users it is more important that they can find the information easily, rather than burying it in a big bug report. I can't speak for everyone, but I don't spend a lot of time researching in update reports. I glance at them to see if I recognize anything that is happening to me. I don't even look to see what update version I am on.

It all comes down to what works for the majority of readers. If we were to vote on it, I'd be voting for extra posts. I don't feel like this should be a technical support forum for advanced users.

#10 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,206 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 02:09 PM

And I, as a moderator, would vote for discussing the issue with the device and not the existence of the thread. Complaining that a thread exists in a thread is not appropriate. Report the post or send a PM to a moderator. (And consider this thread already reported and adjudicated as good to proceed ... no further comment needed - please discuss the thread's topic, not the thread.)

#11 OFFLINE   chriscpmtmp

chriscpmtmp

Legend

• Registered
  • 158 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:27 AM

Looks like a reset is the only way out. :(

I found if I go to the display settings and change from 1080 to 720, it gets back to full screen. Then a quick change back and its fine. That is easier than a rest if your equipment is buried in a cabinet or in another room.

Chris

61.5/72
Super Joey - main floor
Hopper w/ Sling - basement, bedroom, audio feed
video distributed over cat5
audio distributed over Russound

#12 OFFLINE   GeeWhiz1

GeeWhiz1

Legend

• Registered
  • 121 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 07:50 AM

I found if I go to the display settings and change from 1080 to 720, it gets back to full screen. Then a quick change back and its fine. That is easier than a rest if your equipment is buried in a cabinet or in another room.

I haven't had it happen since that first time. But thanks for passing this on. If it happens again, I'll definitely try this.

#13 OFFLINE   34Ford

34Ford

AllStar

• Registered
  • 96 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:48 AM

This is a problem on my new Hopper with Sling.  You would think they would have figured this out by now.

Dennis

#14 OFFLINE   Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Godfather

• DISH Representative
  • 295 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 01:27 PM

34Ford,

Are you having the issue of the small screen? If so, have you tried turning off the Power to see if it goes away?

Thanks

#15 OFFLINE   3HaloODST

3HaloODST

Godfather

• Registered
  • 468 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 07:28 PM

When in doubt, do a red-button-reset (RBR,) If an issue persists, power-cycle the receiver (unplug for 10 seconds, replug.)

2 Hoppers w/Sling / 2 Hopper 2000s / 1 Joey

1 ViP722k (separate account)

#16 OFFLINE   SeaBeagle

SeaBeagle

Legend

• Registered
  • 440 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:58 PM

That happened on my 612. I did the same thing shut off the 612 then hut back on and that solved the problem.

#17 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,700 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:03 PM

That happened on my 612. I did the same thing shut off the 612 then hut back on and that solved the problem.

that would help other owner's of 612, if you'll move your post to other forum [where are 612/622/722 discussing]

so far it's doing offtopic

spam firewall