Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

DIRECTV HD Channel Anticipation (Official Q3-12 Thread)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3974 replies to this topic

#2261 OFFLINE   TomK

TomK

Godfather

• Registered
  • 371 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:57 PM

as Horseshack would say "ooooooo oooooooo oooooo I know!! "

BTW...RIP Arnold Horshack

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2262 OFFLINE   Santi360HD

Santi360HD

Icon

• Registered
  • 917 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:58 PM

Hey I work in downtown NYC so now u gotta tell (or pm me) to let me know what is your bar name! :)

that invite was for Carl Spock....heh heh :lol:

#2263 OFFLINE   pablo

pablo

Icon

• Registered
  • 898 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:31 PM

Some of it is, some of it isn't. Speedskating is usually not live, but I did catch some live action earlier this year. I think they just catch the raw feed and put commentary on afterwards for broadcasting, instead of having an on-site crew for live coverage.

That is OK for me though. These results are usually easily to avoid spoilers of. :D

If Universal Sports shows curling, I would love to have it in HD. I've tuned to it several times since it was added, but being in SD it didn't hold my interest for very long.

#2264 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,433 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:34 PM

If Universal Sports shows curling, I would love to have it in HD. I've tuned to it several times since it was added, but being in SD it didn't hold my interest for very long.

Love me some curling. Squatted on cnbc last winter Olympics.
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

#2265 OFFLINE   erosroadie

erosroadie

Godfather

• Registered
  • 388 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:39 PM

On Universal Sports HD, I did some digging on Google and found this:

http://rbr.com/unive...awaiian-telcom/

In particular:

Universal Sports launches 6/29 on Hawaiian Telcom TV Ch.90 and HD Ch.1090, and will be available as a free preview to all customers for two months

So the HD channel has AT LEAST existed since June. How come we missed THAT one here? :D

That's it! FINALLY found my excuse to move to Hawaii...
:lol:

#2266 OFFLINE   celticpride

celticpride

Icon

• Registered
  • 967 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:11 PM

what kind of programming does MEGA TV and audience tv have? i dont remember having those channels when i was with D* a couple of years ago,(nor shorts or sony, for that matter). i hope to come back someday.

#2267 OFFLINE   Mervis

Mervis

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:16 PM

what kind of programming does MEGA TV and audience tv have? i dont remember having those channels when i was with D* a couple of years ago,(nor shorts or sony, for that matter). i hope to come back someday.

Audience TV is the old 101 channel.

#2268 OFFLINE   maartena

maartena

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,795 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:18 PM

Well, moving right along.....

Now I want Universal Sports HD! :D
Before the winter seasonal sports start please. :)
[Disclaimer] The definition of "soon" is based solely on DirecTV's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "soon" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

I am the Stig.

#2269 OFFLINE   bobnielsen

bobnielsen

Éminence grise

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,961 posts
  • LocationBainbridge Island, WA

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:21 PM

Re: Doctor Who

Coming up on Saturday:

3:00 pm EST - The Timey-Whimey of Doctor Who
4:00 pm EST - The Nerdist: Tribute to Time Travel

#2270 OFFLINE   matrixj3

matrixj3

AllStar

• Registered
  • 81 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:43 PM

MEGA is out of Florida and has mostly Cuban tv programing mostly talk shows.

#2271 OFFLINE   Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon

Chancellor

• Registered
  • 8,724 posts
  • LocationDawson, Georgia

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:44 PM

Very Sorry for your loss Alan...:( Been there myself several times and it's not the same afterwards when a beloved one passes away. It's like a part of you goes with them. Hope everyone is doing well.

Thanks... :(

What should have been a very happy Festivus turned into a very sad one.

I look forward to enjoying BBCA in the future. I just won't be celebrating today...

~Alan

#2272 OFFLINE   Lucid504

Lucid504

Legend

• Registered
  • 162 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:18 PM

As excited as I'd be over BBCA-HD, I found out earlier today that we lost a beloved family dog yesterday. She was indeed a member of the family... :(

That's three family members in less than 12 months. :(

~Alan

I know the feeling my dog isnt doing the best of health right now shes four years old and they think she has cancer....in one week her cell count dropped for 60% dont know how long she has to live.

#2273 OFFLINE   George_T

George_T

Legend

• Registered
  • 283 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:21 PM

I want my DIY and Cooking TV in HD. Not a happy Festivus for me!

#2274 OFFLINE   Barcthespark

Barcthespark

Godfather

• Registered
  • 366 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:24 PM

As excited as I'd be over BBCA-HD, I found out earlier today that we lost a beloved family dog yesterday. She was indeed a member of the family... :(

That's three family members in less than 12 months. :(

~Alan

So sorry for your loss. I fully understand how much our dogs mean to us and how difficult it is when they pass. My thoughts are with you.

#2275 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,433 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:30 PM

Re: Doctor Who

Coming up on Saturday:

Wish they would rerun the Science of Doctor Who. Haven't watched it yet. And it was in SD, of course.
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV

#2276 OFFLINE   pablo

pablo

Icon

• Registered
  • 898 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:40 PM

Is it me or is BBCA not rerunning every recent Doctor Who episode? I compared the upcoming DW schedule with Wikipedia and seems they're skipping some episodes. I was hoping to record at least the last couple of seasons with Matt Smith before the new season, but looks like I'm out of luck.

#2277 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,433 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:43 PM

Is it me or is BBCA not rerunning every recent Doctor Who episode? I compared the upcoming DW schedule with Wikipedia and seems they're skipping some episodes. I was hoping to record at least the last couple of seasons with Matt Smith before the new season, but looks like I'm out of luck.

There will probably be a marathon of last season the day of or before the season debut.

They are all on Netflix and amazon prime now too. PQ is good but not as good as I've seen on bbca already.

Btw, I compared the PQ of Rose to my DVD uprezzed in my Blu Ray player. Pretty close. The bbca picture was sharper but not as fluid. Obviously not hd but pretty good.

Edited by tonyd79, 15 August 2012 - 06:12 PM.

#2278 OFFLINE   LoopinFool

LoopinFool

Icon

• Registered
  • 876 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:45 PM

Coming up on Saturday:

For others looking to record these, the guide has them listed at 9pm and 10pm ET during prime time.

- LoopinFool

#2279 OFFLINE   matrixj3

matrixj3

AllStar

• Registered
  • 81 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:53 PM

Wish they would rerun the Science of Doctor Who. Haven't watched it yet. And it was in SD, of course.

I am pretty sure you will have another chance Aug 31st thru Sept1 as BBCAHD has a Who marathon for both days with specials. Sept 1st is supposed to be the debut of Series
7 here in the states...the only sticking point is that it's Labor Day weekend and BBCA has always waited the following week for ratings since people will be out and about that weekend.
Buuuuuut.. there ARE empty spaces for the 8pm thru11pm time slots for that night.So it looks like they are keeping those time slots open until BBCA and BBC can find a date...so heres hoping! :D

#2280 OFFLINE   Coca Cola Kid

Coca Cola Kid

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,586 posts
  • LocationMt. Morris, MI

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:59 PM

NGW HD looks awesome! Looks like they're having their own version of Shark Week called "Shark Fest" too. :)

Edited by Coca Cola Kid, 15 August 2012 - 06:42 PM.

DIRECTV customer

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of other DIRECTV customers

My giant list of missing or wrong logos

spam firewall