Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

DIRECTV HD Channel Anticipation (Official Q3-12 Thread)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3974 replies to this topic

#2601 OFFLINE   skaman74

skaman74

AllStar

• Registered
  • 92 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:50 PM

Ion SD 305 still up on the DirecTV Android app...

rolltide

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2602 OFFLINE   Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon

Chancellor

• Registered
  • 8,662 posts
  • LocationDawson, Georgia

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:05 PM

Ion SD 305 still up on the DirecTV Android app...

Yep...

The Lafayette, LA HD-LiL looks to be going live tomorrow morning, and perhaps some markets may see some additional HD-LiL currently in testing go live, but I'm skeptical we'll see any national additions tomorrow.

~Alan

#2603 OFFLINE   Rob

Rob

Icon

• Registered
  • 550 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:00 AM

Yep...

The Lafayette, LA HD-LiL looks to be going live tomorrow morning, and perhaps some markets may see some additional HD-LiL currently in testing go live, but I'm skeptical we'll see any national additions tomorrow.

~Alan

I am in San Diego, and the android app has Channel 49 and Channel 51 missing.
It's only tv!

#2604 OFFLINE   dogs31

dogs31

Godfather

• Registered
  • 450 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:21 AM

It will be in HD on Thursday according to KBOI the sister station.

#2605 OFFLINE   fleckrj

fleckrj

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,055 posts
  • LocationCary, NC

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:20 AM

Speaking of networks ...

I have 35 series links, 34 of 35 in HD.

CBS-HD: 9
NBC-HD: 5
FOX-HD: 1
ABC-HD: 1
Syfy-HD: 3
USA-HD: 4
HBO-HD: 3
SNY-HD: 3
SHO-HD: 1
TNT-HD: 1
STYL: 1
YES-HD: 1
TBS-HD: 1
MSG-HD: 1

Other family members have another 40-50 on their DVR, totally different, maybe 3-4 shows over lap.

I only have 24 series links, and 21 are in HD.

USA HD: 6
TNT HD: 4
FSS HD: 3
NBC Sports HD: 3
CBS HD: 2
Universal Sports: 2
Discovery HD: 1
FOX HD: 1
SyFy HD: 1
RFD: 1

The RFD is only one 30 minute program per week, and I can do without HD for that one, but I really want Universal Sports in HD.

#2606 OFFLINE   maartena

maartena

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,795 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:35 AM

I am in San Diego, and the android app has Channel 49 and Channel 51 missing.

That's My13Network and KUSI, I thought those were in HD already?
[Disclaimer] The definition of "soon" is based solely on DirecTV's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "soon" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

I am the Stig.

#2607 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 18,394 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:51 AM

They only carry CW in HD during primetime though.

This isn't surprising as the CW is a Primetime only network. Their programming schedule runs weekdays from 8pm-10pm during the Summer.

In the Winter, I think they stretch out the schedule to three hours per night and add a couple of hours of Sunday programming.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

#2608 OFFLINE   APB101

APB101

Icon

• DBSTalk Club
  • 910 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:20 AM

Does this mean … forget Ion Television—East HD?

#2609 OFFLINE   maartena

maartena

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,795 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:09 AM

Does this mean … forget Ion Television—East HD?

No. Do you think Real Madrid can't win if Barcelona scores first? The game isn't over till its over, and it isn't over..... :D

Whatever the contractual differences may be, the channel has not been removed from test. And as long as it is in test, the game is still on.
[Disclaimer] The definition of "soon" is based solely on DirecTV's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "soon" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

I am the Stig.

#2610 OFFLINE   RA in CA

RA in CA

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 26 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:07 PM

That's My13Network and KUSI, I thought those were in HD already?

Those two are still SD; I get the HD feed OTA.

#2611 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,158 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:11 PM

This isn't surprising as the CW is a Primetime only network. Their programming schedule runs weekdays from 8pm-10pm during the Summer.

In the Winter, I think they stretch out the schedule to three hours per night and add a couple of hours of Sunday programming.

WGN cut's up the CW schedule to fit sports and news in.
I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

#2612 OFFLINE   South Texan

South Texan

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:14 PM

Newbie here, but can't seem to get an answer from Direct TV other than"sometime in 2012." When is the Corpus Christi, Texas market going HD with the locals? I can't go another season watching football on the locals in SD. I have an OTA, but it's a pain in the rear at times. Any scoop on a go live date would help

#2613 OFFLINE   Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon

Chancellor

• Registered
  • 8,662 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:23 PM

OK... I decided to have some fun with the Series Links counts myself.

MY BROADCAST SERIES LINKS
NETWORK|# OF SERIES LINKS|# OF FALL ADDITIONS|TOTAL
CBS|12|2|14|
ABC|11|4|15|[/COLOR]
FOX|9|2|11
The CW |4|3|7
NBC|9|2|11

TOTAL #: 58
RED denotes that I can only receive the channel in SD.
BLUE denotes that while I receive it in SD, I can receive the channel in HD via alternate means.

One might question why I have NBC lower on the chart than The CW when NBC has more Series Links set up. Poor NBC, the numbers above look much bigger than they actually are as I padded them some with a couple of SL's I'm soon to delete, a couple that are there, but rarely watched, and my local news which is not a network program and is simulcasted on my local ABC which could easily have the Series Link set up for it except for the fact that DirecTV only provides it in SD at the time.

Also, I suspect I will be pruning some series I currently have set up from CBS, ABC, and FOX at some point this Fall. I just haven't made up my mind which ones, so I just left the numbers as they stand now, plus the additional ones.

MY CABLE NETWORK SERIES LINKS
NETWORK|# OF SERIES LINKS
USA|9
ABC FAMILY|6
SYFY|6
TNT|5
TV LAND|4
BBCA|4
AMC|4
FX|4
TOON/ADULT SWIM|4
MTV|3
DISNEY XD|3
A&E|2
AXS TV|2
LIFETIME|1
COMEDYCENTRAL|1
FOOD NETWORK|1
THE HUB|1
DISNEY|1

TOTAL #: 61
RED denotes that I can only receive the channel in SD.

A few of these will be pruned as well... either due to unknown status (will they be coming back? I've never seen an answer yet...) or just lack of interest. A few programs like "Nothing But Trailers" on AXS TV is something I record and occasionally skim through, and several of the other programs are something I might have on in the background...

BBCA is lower on the list than it probably should be as more SLs will be set up for that now that it's in HD.

~Alan

#2614 OFFLINE   Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon

Chancellor

• Registered
  • 8,662 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:36 PM

Newbie here, but can't seem to get an answer from Direct TV other than"sometime in 2012." When is the Corpus Christi, Texas market going HD with the locals? I can't go another season watching football on the locals in SD. I have an OTA, but it's a pain in the rear at times. Any scoop on a go live date would help

WELCOME!! :)

We have a thread set up specifically to talk about local channels.

However, there's no word on launch there either... and CC is still not up in testing yet.

P.S... I have family in Corpus Christi, and my Mom (and other relatives) spent part of her time growing up there! :)

~Alan

#2615 OFFLINE   maartena

maartena

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,795 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:45 PM

I'm suspecting that CC falls under the "carry one, carry all" rule which means that they have to carry your HD locals before 2013, so you will have them before the end of the year.

When exactly.... is something that DirecTV may not even know. They are partly dependent on receiving the HD feeds from the local HD stations for instance, and they probably want to launch them all at once instead of one by one. It is also dependent on contracts between DirecTV and the local stations. When all said and done stuff needs to be tested.... so the estimate of "sometime in 2012" might be as close as it gets. Once they know more, they might give you a month.

At least you know this: You will have HD some time in the next 4 months! :D

I am the Stig.

#2616 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,292 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:47 PM

I'll play

Right now....

NBC (11)
ABC (5)
Fox (5)
CBS (5)
Disney/Disney XD (4)
Cartoon (3)
BTN (3)
TVLand (3)
SyFy (3)
HBO (2)
Showtime (2)
BBCA (2)
BET (1)
Comedy Central (1)
AMC (1)
TBS (1)
TNT (1)
ABC Family (1)
Oxygen (1)

Local reruns (4)

All in HD except TVLand, Oxygen and the local reruns (sub channel).
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

#2617 OFFLINE   matrixj3

matrixj3

AllStar

• Registered
  • 81 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:12 PM

Spoke to rep a few days ago...he said that all locals would be on around Sept-Oct. Take it for what it is worth.
Btw im in Corpus too! Welcome to the forum!

Edited by matrixj3, 22 August 2012 - 03:25 PM.

#2618 OFFLINE   Coca Cola Kid

Coca Cola Kid

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,586 posts
  • LocationMt. Morris, MI

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:31 PM

Plus they have CW Daytime, an hour of original shows at 3 PM ET that they change almost every year. It used to have The Tyra Banks Show. Last year it was Dr. Drew's Lifechangers. This upcoming season it's going to be The Bill Cunningham Show. WKBD shows it in HD. But WBSF, with its 1980's technology, airs it in SD.

DIRECTV customer

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of other DIRECTV customers

My giant list of missing or wrong logos

#2619 OFFLINE   speedy4022

speedy4022

Legend

• Registered
  • 231 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:23 PM

It will be in HD on Thursday according to KBOI the sister station.

I just found that article and it says thursday aug 30 but since it requires a rescan i wonder if the am 21 will be able to find it. I know this is a little off topic here sorry
Mike
Directv user since 96 :)

#2620 OFFLINE   maartena

maartena

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,795 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:07 PM

It used to have The Tyra Banks Show. Last year it was Dr. Drew's Lifechangers. This upcoming season it's going to be The Bill Cunningham Show.

Can we please get this station in black and white SD until those folks are off the air? :D

I am the Stig.

spam firewall