Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

DIRECTV HD Channel Anticipation (Official Q3-12 Thread)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3974 replies to this topic

#3201 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,664 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 12 September 2012 - 04:06 PM

Strike Up The Bands, as in college bands at college football games. ;)

Maybe those channels are for the overflow games while the main channel will be in the 600's?

Hmmm......

Or maybe the PAC 12 package is real and it will be a premium option. Hence in the 700s next to college sports premiums that already exist. Maybe with a mix channel?

Might as well shoot for the sky at this point.
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#3202 OFFLINE   APB101

APB101

Icon

• DBSTalk Club
  • 937 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 12 September 2012 - 04:33 PM

I don't expect the following addition for the lineup of DirecTV, but after visiting the Web site of AT&T U-verse, this came to my attention:

The Longhorn Network (channel 609 SD / 1609 HD) has been added to the U-verse TV lineup. The Longhorn Network is available in U-100 and above in the state of Texas, U-200 and above in the state of Oklahoma and U-450 in all other markets.

#3203 OFFLINE   maartena

maartena

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,815 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 04:38 PM

I don't expect the following addition for the lineup of DirecTV, but after visiting the Web site of AT&T U-verse, this came to my attention:

There is a Longhorn Network topic, and it was mentioned there about a week or more ago.
[Disclaimer] The definition of "soon" is based solely on DirecTV's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "soon" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

I am the Stig.

#3204 OFFLINE   maartena

maartena

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,815 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 04:40 PM

well maybe they can merge some channels and use on the old slots for an other sports channel.

It's very unlikely that a media organization that currently holds a certain number of stations on a big provider like DirecTV is going to merge channels to reduce the number they have. They can use a channel with nothing but repeats of old programs, and STILL sell advertising. Only if the cost of the channel outweighs the advertising income it generates I could see a channel being axed. But more often than not, it will just be a rebrand - like with G4 - to see if they can revive the channel with a different programming focus.
[Disclaimer] The definition of "soon" is based solely on DirecTV's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "soon" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

I am the Stig.

#3205 OFFLINE   maartena

maartena

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,815 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 04:52 PM

Or maybe the PAC 12 package is real and it will be a premium option. Hence in the 700s next to college sports premiums that already exist. Maybe with a mix channel?

Might as well shoot for the sky at this point.

I still don't think they would MOVE NBA League Pass (which usually occupies 750-760) to place a PAC12 package there.

If they were to make a premium package of some sorts, they would probably pick channels not in use by another premium sports package.

I'm thinking it is a temporary something. Could be public-facing, such as a sports event I don't know about, or could be private-facing, for use on conventions or something internal.

The "Bank of America Merrill Lynch Media, Communications & Entertainment Conference" is going on right now, and DirecTV will present there. As will many other media related companies. Perhaps they are simply using those channels for some internal feeds. It's not a HUGE conference, but all the big players are there.

Edited by maartena, 12 September 2012 - 05:01 PM.

I am the Stig.

#3206 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,664 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 12 September 2012 - 05:17 PM

I still don't think they would MOVE NBA League Pass (which usually occupies 750-760) to place a PAC12 package there.

If they were to make a premium package of some sorts, they would probably pick channels not in use by another premium sports package.

I'm thinking it is a temporary something. Could be public-facing, such as a sports event I don't know about, or could be private-facing, for use on conventions or something internal.

The "Bank of America Merrill Lynch Media, Communications & Entertainment Conference" is going on right now, and DirecTV will present there. As will many other media related companies. Perhaps they are simply using those channels for some internal feeds. It's not a HUGE conference, but all the big players are there.

They can't restructure channel usage? Really? Didn't realize the NBA owned those numbers like espn or CNN.

A conference in HD with a mix channel? I find that dubious.
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

#3207 OFFLINE   mreposter

mreposter

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 11:07 PM

Don't you think we should all keep an EYE-ON this thread for new HD...
.......... There are none so blind as those who can not see it in HD.
.......... Directv customer since January 2000.

#3208 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,354 posts
  • LocationGalactic Empire

Posted 12 September 2012 - 11:36 PM

Or does it mean "Strike Up The Band?"

:icon_band

For another upcoming HD channel launch like ION East or perhaps "launches" of that one to live along with others in test?

You are correct. I cannot say anymore than that.

FAITH: I find the lack of it disturbing.

Opinions are my own but should be those of all Americans, who would be much better off intellectually, psychologically, and emotionally if that were the case.

#3209 OFFLINE   espnjason

espnjason

Armchair Referee

• Registered
  • 529 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 11:55 PM

DirecTV is due to remove the HD feed from GolTV sometime this morning, perhaps its allocation is the new opening for whatever may be added shortly?

#3210 OFFLINE   maartena

maartena

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,815 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 01:17 AM

They can't restructure channel usage? Really? Didn't realize the NBA owned those numbers like espn or CNN.

A conference in HD with a mix channel? I find that dubious.

It just doesn't make sense. NBA has used the 750-760 channel range for well over a decade, and now they would re-arrange it to make space for PAC12?

In any case, those channels can be moved elsewhere still. There is no PAC12 deal yet as far as we know.

I am the Stig.

#3211 OFFLINE   Curtis0620

Curtis0620

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:13 AM

I noticed more HD-PPV. up to about 34 channels from 31 channels.

#3212 OFFLINE   Sixto

Sixto

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,129 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:35 AM

I noticed more HD-PPV. up to about 34 channels from 31 channels.

Yep, as I mentioned the other day, was going to check if they went up "net" any with the change, it looks like you counted, I'll do the same. Thx.
DirecTV: Genie HR44, H25, CCK, GenioGo, SWiM-16 & SWiM-8, DECA to Gigabit Switch with FiOS (75/75)
FiOS: Roamio Pro's (2), Roamio Plus, Mini's (4) with Ultimate HD (My Roamio Thoughts)

#3213 OFFLINE   Sixto

Sixto

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,129 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:39 AM

Big news for some of you ... :)

Got a new one.
DirecTV: Genie HR44, H25, CCK, GenioGo, SWiM-16 & SWiM-8, DECA to Gigabit Switch with FiOS (75/75)
FiOS: Roamio Pro's (2), Roamio Plus, Mini's (4) with Ultimate HD (My Roamio Thoughts)

#3214 OFFLINE   Sixto

Sixto

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,129 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:41 AM

and it's a channel that some of you have been asking for ...

#3215 OFFLINE   Santi360HD

Santi360HD

Icon

• Registered
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:45 AM

and it's a channel that some of you have been asking for ...

Horshack would say...

ooooo ooooo oooooo I know .... OOOOOO

#3216 OFFLINE   Sixto

Sixto

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,129 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:45 AM

Horshack would say...

ooooo ooooo oooooo I know .... OOOOOO

And?

#3217 OFFLINE   Sixto

Sixto

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,129 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:46 AM

I'm ready to hit send, do we have a winner?

#3218 OFFLINE   Santi360HD

Santi360HD

Icon

• Registered
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:47 AM

Pac-12 / ION

#3219 OFFLINE   Sixto

Sixto

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,129 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:48 AM

Pac-12 / ION

Nope, better.

There will be huge interest in this channel.

#3220 OFFLINE   Sixto

Sixto

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,129 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:49 AM

Hint: It's a top 20 on the poll here.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...