Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

DIRECTV HD Channel Anticipation (Official Q3-12 Thread)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3974 replies to this topic

#61 OFFLINE   paulman182

paulman182

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,835 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:27 AM

TCM?? TCM??

And I thought I already had too many movie choices to ever possibly watch.

I've had a tough few days at work and this really brightens my Monday!

Equipment includes a buncha stuff that I no longer have interest in detailing

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#62 OFFLINE   Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon

Chancellor

• Registered
  • 8,812 posts
  • LocationDawson, Georgia

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:29 AM

BTW...

TCM-HD was voted by DBSTalk.com as a Top 10 most wanted HD channel! :)

~Alan

#63 OFFLINE   APB101

APB101

Icon

• DBSTalk Club
  • 921 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:36 AM

http://www.dbstalk.c...262#post3046262

Thank you, Sixto!

This may have people thinking, "BBC America — you're next!"

#64 OFFLINE   DViper2399

DViper2399

AllStar

• Registered
  • 73 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:38 AM

Never watch TCM but I will gladly take any new basic HD, Here's hoping some more basic isn't too far behind. H2, Cooking would be my top 2 choices

#65 OFFLINE   kenmoo

kenmoo

Legend

• Registered
  • 205 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:46 AM

TCM, BBCA, IFC and Sundance in HD please. Scratch the TCM request if it indeed does goes live soon.

Would also like to see a National PBS HD feed for those that still do not have a local HD PBS.

#66 OFFLINE   Sixto

Sixto

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,975 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:48 AM

BTW...

TCM-HD was voted by DBSTalk.com as a Top 10 most wanted HD channel! :)

~Alan

It was #2, requested by 45%. Only higher channel (66%) was BBCA.
DirecTV: Genie, H25, CCK, GenioGo, SWiM-16 & SWiM-8, DECA to Gigabit Switch with FiOS (75/35)
FiOS: Roamio Pro's (2), Roamio Plus, Mini's (4) with Ultimate HD (My Roamio Thoughts)

#67 OFFLINE   Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon

Chancellor

• Registered
  • 8,812 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:51 AM

Thanks... I accidentally clicked on the 2010 poll and realized it wasn't right. I got busy and didn't do a search for the 2011 poll... I forgot it was in your signature! ;)

I knew it was one of the top ones...

~Alan

#68 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,996 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:56 AM

I wonder if the AMC dispute over at Dish might have any impact on DIRECTV adding some of the 'missing' national HD channels quicker? I know I see a number of posts from folks saying they wouldn't switch because there's too many channels that DIRECTV doesn't have that Dish has. Getting channels like TCM, BBCA, H2, DYI, etc might make DIRECTV more attractive to those folks.

See post My Setup for configuration info.

#69 OFFLINE   Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon

Chancellor

• Registered
  • 8,812 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:00 AM

I wonder if the AMC dispute over at Dish might have any impact on DIRECTV adding some of the 'missing' national HD channels quicker? I know I see a number of posts from folks saying they wouldn't switch because there's too many channels that DIRECTV doesn't have that Dish has. Getting channels like TCM, BBCA, H2, DYI, etc might make DIRECTV more attractive to those folks.

Nice thought, but if you take DirecTV's word for it, they already have everything they need... :rolleyes:

If I was with Dish Network, I certainly wouldn't change... AMC, ABC Family, and Disney XD, and my local PBS affiliate are the only four channels I'd miss, and I'd gain considerably more channels I'd like to have...

~Alan

#70 OFFLINE   malaern

malaern

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:01 AM

http://www.dbstalk.c...262#post3046262

Thank you, Sixto!

This may have people thinking, "BBC America — you're next!"

TCM HD in test. Woohoo! My most-wanted! And BBC A would be my 2nd. The summer is looking up!
DirecTV subscriber since Jan. 1996
Finally got TCM HD summer 2012!

#71 OFFLINE   Rojma

Rojma

Mentor

• Registered
  • 39 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:09 AM

Finally! TCM is being added in HD! A channel that requires more than a few brain cells to watch. TCM was #4 on our list behind H2, BBC America, and NatGeo Wild. All that has been added lately in HD are channels that all they show are reality based junk.

#72 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,120 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:11 AM

True.

When I first joined DBSTalk.com in September 2010, I gave the powers that be at DirecTV more credit than they deserve.

After that point, the only basic-cable channels that came in high def were AMC HD, truTV HD, and E! Entertainment Television HD. Back then I thought some really simple stuff, no problem getting carried by competition, would have been delivered by DirecTV.

22 months later, still no Headline News HD and/or Turner Classic Movies HD. (Must be too difficult to get!) Still no H2 HD and/or Lifetime Movie Network HD. (Toughies!) Still no BBC America HD and/or The Hub HD and/or Investigation Discovery HD and/or Oprah Winfrey Network HD. (Damn those at Discovery Communications!) Still no Cooking Channel HD and/or DIY Network HD. (Oh, those ruthless, unscrupulous monsters at Scripps!) And, finally, there is GSN HD. (The ultimate enigma!)

I anticipate that 2014, with the launching of D14, will be the period that matters. By then the powers that be at DirecTV can offer no more excuses if they fail to deliver on basic-cable programming in HD.

We have all of those channels.

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

#73 OFFLINE   skaman74

skaman74

AllStar

• Registered
  • 92 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:12 AM

tcm isn't showing up in the directv android app...

rolltide

#74 OFFLINE   Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon

Chancellor

• Registered
  • 8,812 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:13 AM

TCM HD in test. Woohoo! My most-wanted! And BBC A would be my 2nd. The summer is looking up!

You'll need to change your signature soon! :)

~Alan

#75 OFFLINE   RML81

RML81

Legend

• Registered
  • 111 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:18 AM

Wow. I'm nearly speechless (doesn't happen too often! :lol:).

#76 OFFLINE   Tubaman-Z

Tubaman-Z

Godfather

• Registered
  • 499 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:18 AM

Is there a plan for 2012 poll? (My apologies if this has been previously discussed).

Kevin

My top 5 wishlist: 1) Free MRV HR to HR 2) Fix Channels I Receive so that it is accurate 3) > 50 SeriesLink 4) Usage of both internal and external drives concurrently 5) Support for other video providers as DoD (i.e. Hulu, CBS)   

DirecTV HR21-200, 2008 (DirecTV anniversary gift)
DirecTV HR20-100 (2TB eSATA), 2007
DirecTV since 1995

<><

#77 ONLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,738 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:19 AM

Yes TCM HD. Cool. Not one of the ones I really wanted, but I'm happy for those who do.

Still trying to figure out where Nat Geo Wild and Fox Movie Channel is since the new Fox contract was signed in October of last year.

#78 OFFLINE   RML81

RML81

Legend

• Registered
  • 111 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:19 AM

being a news junkie id like to see 1or 2 world news channels added. ... but id be completely satisfied with H2 in HD :)

I agree with both. I'd love to have BBC World News, Al Jazeera English, France24, CBC Newsworld, something! H2 in HD would be awesome, since that's where they shifted the, um, history-themed History Channel programming :D.

#79 OFFLINE   RML81

RML81

Legend

• Registered
  • 111 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:21 AM

Still trying to figure out where Nat Geo Wild and Fox Movie Channel is since the new Fox contract was signed in October of last year.

So far as I know....turned out to be not as much as I thought :D See below.

#80 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,120 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:21 AM

What for? Men abusing women pisses me off, but I don't need to watch movies about it.

Oprah is such a narcissist. First her own show, then her own production company, then her own book club, then her own magazine, and now her [own] cable channel. What next, her own country? :lol:

I still understand why she sold Oxygen.:confused:

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

Protected By... spam firewall...And...