Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

DIRECTV HD Channel Anticipation (Official Q3-12 Thread)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3974 replies to this topic

#1561 ONLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,252 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:56 AM

Well if ION is being added, chances are good that I may see a DNS feed of CW HD someday...

Ion had an advantage over CW for directv and may be a reason they added it. They can pick up one channel and map it locally to the local number and everyone is happy. Makes it easier to get to there locals goal.
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#1562 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,445 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:56 AM

I cannot imagine anyone NOT being pleased with this. :)

Just wait a day or two.... Or a few minutes!

:hurah:

Great additions!
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#1563 OFFLINE   maartena

maartena

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,795 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:00 AM

Just wait a day or two.... Or a few minutes!

:hurah:

Great additions!

I am awaiting the "I don't watch ANY of that, where the hell is my DIY HD" posts. :D
[Disclaimer] The definition of "soon" is based solely on DirecTV's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "soon" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

I am the Stig.

#1564 OFFLINE   TomK

TomK

Godfather

• Registered
  • 371 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:04 AM

Are these five new channels live now? I forgot to look when I was at home earlier today.

#1565 OFFLINE   ProgPic

ProgPic

Legend

• Registered
  • 140 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:07 AM

So BeIn will be part time like FS+? Game only?

With the amount of matches they have the rights to, I seriously doubt that it could be part-time. I tend to watch a lot of the replays during the week on FSC and GolTV so I really hope that it's full-time.

Looking at the schedule, it appears to be a lot more soccer, and a lot less talk than the competition.

http://beinsport.tv/

#1566 OFFLINE   Santi360HD

Santi360HD

Icon

• Registered
  • 915 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:07 AM

I am awaiting the "I don't watch ANY of that, where the hell is my DIY HD" posts. :D

It'll be pleasant to not rely on Torrent Sites for Dr.Who and BBCA's other shows!!
ION is nice to catch up on re-runs I haven't seen from their many shows
NG Wild...nice addition though I watch Nat Geo main channel more..but now with this in HD may tune in here more...
Be IN... don't care... since many of the major soccer tournaments have deals with other channels..
Dis Jr... no kids in my home, don't care

so its a festivus of 3 for me!! so 2 of them I don't watch

#1567 ONLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,252 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:08 AM

Are these five new channels live now? I forgot to look when I was at home earlier today.

No. Test only.
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV

#1568 OFFLINE   Santi360HD

Santi360HD

Icon

• Registered
  • 915 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:10 AM

Sixto posted OFFICIALLY today that he saw them in TEST...so they're coming in the D* mantra of SOON!!!!

#1569 OFFLINE   TomK

TomK

Godfather

• Registered
  • 371 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:18 AM

I figured they were only in test but the number of new channels overwhelmed me.

#1570 OFFLINE   Carl Spock

Carl Spock

Superfly

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:21 AM

maartena, often with a post, I'm just joking around. I didn't think I needed to put a ;) in every joke post I make to underline this point, especially when it comes to the Swanni's supposed inside information. tonyd79 got the joke.
hangin' with the bros at 40 Eridani A

#1571 ONLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,252 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:25 AM

maartena, often with a post, I'm just joking around. I didn't think I needed to put a ;) in every joke post I make to underline this point, especially when it comes to the Swanni's supposed inside information. tonyd79 got the joke.

Geez, and I always thought that with your avatar, you were 110% serious all the time.

#1572 ONLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,252 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:26 AM

Be IN... don't care... since many of the major soccer tournaments have deals with other channels..

Are you aware the beIN is taking over a lot of those contracts? That is why it is here.

#1573 OFFLINE   hail

hail

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:26 AM

Do you think all these new HD channels decreases our chances of getting P12Net? I hope not!

#1574 OFFLINE   maartena

maartena

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,795 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:27 AM

They are in test.

If all works out, they will most likely go live next Wednesday, the 15th.
[Disclaimer] The definition of "soon" is based solely on DirecTV's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "soon" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

I am the Stig.

#1575 ONLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,252 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:29 AM

Do you think all these new HD channels decreases our chances of getting P12Net? I hope not!

No. This is a sign that the new encoders makes DirecTV more comfortable with its bandwidth budget. That they are working successfully to give high quality picture and allow for more on the current systems. Getting a bunch of these out of the way means they don't have to white knuckle their way until 2014.

The PAC 12 Network is more dependent on how they and the PAC 12 decide to distribute it on satellite and the pricing therein.

#1576 OFFLINE   Santi360HD

Santi360HD

Icon

• Registered
  • 915 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:29 AM

Are you aware the beIN is taking over a lot of those contracts? That is why it is here.

As log as I have a specific tournament available to me in the bar for my patrons, that's what matters..somehow I scrolled back that a tournament or 2 wont be on Be-IN..??

Then again I have Time Warner also in the bar but not on certain TV's I use for multi viewings..Like NFL Ticket when I had it...no longer have it..

#1577 OFFLINE   maartena

maartena

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,795 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:30 AM

With the rate PAC12 is adding even the smallest po-dunk cable providers.... I would bet there is a pretty good chance we'll get them.

I think where the PAIN for DirecTV comes in is that the model pretty much requires 7 full time HD slots, and that might be a bandwidth issue for DirecTV.

I am the Stig.

#1578 OFFLINE   revm1m

revm1m

AllStar

• Registered
  • 75 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:39 AM

I am a big Disney fan, go to Disney World twice a year, my daughter works there, BUT come on Disney Jr HD, you have to be kidding me. what does a 3 or 4 year old , know about HD.

#1579 OFFLINE   tulanejosh

tulanejosh

Godfather

• Registered
  • 425 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:46 AM

I'm happy about Disney hd. My two year old doesn't about hd but I do. And if I have to watch it with him a few hours a day, I appreciate it being in hd so I don't have to stare at a blurry screen.

#1580 OFFLINE   maartena

maartena

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,795 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:48 AM

I am a big Disney fan, go to Disney World twice a year, my daughter works there, BUT come on Disney Jr HD, you have to be kidding me. what does a 3 or 4 year old , know about HD.

The age of 2 to 4 is the most important in a child's development. Here they learn language, many motor-skills, and this is the age where they soak in the most from their parents. (e.g. if there is a broken family in this age, their emotional growth further down the line will be affected by it).

So.... under the guise of "teach them young", this is the perfect age for them to become HD snobs, they are going to want all the channels that cater to children and teens from 4 through 18 in HD now. :D :D

I am the Stig.

spam firewall