Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

DIRECTV HD Channel Anticipation (Official Q3-12 Thread)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3974 replies to this topic

#1621 OFFLINE   iceturkee

iceturkee

DINFOS Trained Killer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,162 posts
  • Locationdaytona beach, fl

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:12 PM

From what I understand, there is a currently present bug in HR34 equipment that allows people to see the feeds that are in test. Not sure how long this will last, they will probably eventually fix this bug.

i have an hr34 but i'm not sure how i could watch the feeds.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#1622 OFFLINE   iceturkee

iceturkee

DINFOS Trained Killer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,162 posts
  • Locationdaytona beach, fl

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:14 PM

ION East;

Not sure if it will map to your local channel though.

we have an ion hd station in the orlando-daytona beach market. i was just able to watch ion east for a few minutes. doubt that will last long!

#1623 OFFLINE   maartena

maartena

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,795 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:23 PM

Wrestling is fake!

Some people like fake stuff! The had to use the name "Entertainment" in their WWE name, because that is what it is. It's an entertainment show, not a wrestling show. But people like it, there is a market for it.

I like Doctor Who. And all that traveling in a police box with a much bigger inside.... is also fake. :D

Acting comes in many varieties, WWE is just one of them. And if people like that stuff, great! Since ION has some of that, even greater for those who wanted to see the gory details in HD. :D
[Disclaimer] The definition of "soon" is based solely on DirecTV's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "soon" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

I am the Stig.

#1624 OFFLINE   maartena

maartena

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,795 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:26 PM

By the way, has Hoosier come around yet to make his traditional "You see how much better DirecTV is than Dish Networks with these new channels" preach? :D
[Disclaimer] The definition of "soon" is based solely on DirecTV's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "soon" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

I am the Stig.

#1625 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,435 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:26 PM

Channels we have lost (or will lose) this year (based on assigned channel number in test):

- Gol TV (replaced by Bein Sport USA)

This may be true but it is a bad assumption. Gol TV is also on 426, and we don't know if they are just replacing it in the 600 range or completely.
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

#1626 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,906 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:33 PM

ok......you really didnt need to stick your nose in like that.....if you dont like something dont comment....

It's par for the course around here. If someone doesn't like it, then it's useless trash.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#1627 OFFLINE   Santi360HD

Santi360HD

Icon

• Registered
  • 917 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:33 PM

since the cat is pretty much out of the bag, can anyone in the know confirm or deny that GOL TV is being completely removed from D* or will it be sent to sit in a corner in SD in the 400's ??

#1628 OFFLINE   lparsons21

lparsons21

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,279 posts
  • LocationHerrin, IL

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:34 PM

Yeah my gf loves Dr. Who, she watched a bunch of episodes she recorded off BBCA last night as a matter of fact. It's way too weird for me though.

Just a note. It is never Dr. Who, it is always Doctor Who. The Doctor is never shortened!! :lol:

Lloyd
Receiver : DirecTV Genie HR44-700, Dish Hopper w/Sling & Super Joey
HDTV : Mitsi WD-73742 73" 3D DLP
Surround: Denon AVR-2113ci 7.1 Setup

#1629 ONLINE   Coca Cola Kid

Coca Cola Kid

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,586 posts
  • LocationMt. Morris, MI

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:36 PM

Just a note. It is never Dr. Who, it is always Doctor Who. The Doctor is never shortened!! :lol:

Crose enough!

I'd much rather watch Dr. Drew in HD.

DIRECTV customer

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of other DIRECTV customers

My giant list of missing or wrong logos

#1630 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,435 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:37 PM

It's par for the course around here. If someone doesn't like it, then it's useless trash.

Your post is useless trash.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV

#1631 ONLINE   Coca Cola Kid

Coca Cola Kid

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,586 posts
  • LocationMt. Morris, MI

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:39 PM

ok......you really didnt need to stick your nose in like that.....if you dont like something dont comment....

My opinion is just as valid as yours. People have done the same thing every time "my" channels were launched. I'm sure it'll continue too, so I don't see the big deal.

DIRECTV customer

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of other DIRECTV customers

My giant list of missing or wrong logos

#1632 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,906 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:41 PM

Your post is useless trash.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

They usually are. :lol:
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#1633 OFFLINE   Santi360HD

Santi360HD

Icon

• Registered
  • 917 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:42 PM

in defense of the coca cola kid...WWE is scripted fake...Injuries happen due to missed moves..so nothing is genuine real here...and I like WWE and TNA

HLN is fake airheads airing real stories with a touch of TMZ tabloid trash style to it, while real but a bit on the cheeze side.

so there!!

#1634 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,906 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:44 PM

in defense of the coca cola kid...WWE is scripted fake...Injuries happen due to missed moves..so nothing is genuine real here...and I like WWE and TNA

HLN is fake airheads airing real stories with a touch of TMZ tabloid trash style to it, while real but a bit on the cheeze side.

so there!!

No one thinks wrestling is real, even us fans. It's simple entertainment.

#1635 OFFLINE   maartena

maartena

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,795 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:44 PM

since the cat is pretty much out of the bag, can anyone in the know confirm or deny that GOL TV is being completely removed from D* or will it be sent to sit in a corner in SD in the 400's ??

Just not sure about that. It is ASSUMED that because of the channel awarded to BeIN that GOL TV might be replaced. But I don't know what will happen to the 426 channel for GOL TV.

That said, if that one is already SD.... (I don't know, I never tuned in to 426, only ever to GOL on 620) Sixto may not have noticed any changes to that channel.

GOL TV as an entity does seem to be losing rights after rights..... lots of rights up for bid right now, and BeIN seems to be throwing lots of money at it. So we'll have to see what the future will be for that channel.

I am the Stig.

#1636 OFFLINE   Sixto

Sixto

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,965 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:50 PM

This is a funny thread ... I really do chuckle at times ...

We want xxx, DirecTV sucks to not have xxx, man if they only had xxx.

xxx gets announced.

That is great, but we really need yyy, DirecTV sucks to not have yyy, man if only yyy was added instead of xxx.

yyy gets announced ...

That's great, but we really need ... :)

Most people should be very impressed and satisfied with the 2012 additions, steady progress, certainly shows that they're listening and expanding.
DirecTV: Genie, H25, CCK, GenioGo, SWiM-16 & SWiM-8, DECA to Gigabit Switch with FiOS (75/35)
FiOS: Roamio Pro's (2), Roamio Plus, Mini's (4) with Ultimate HD (My Roamio Thoughts)

#1637 OFFLINE   Santi360HD

Santi360HD

Icon

• Registered
  • 917 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:52 PM

xxx gets announced.

That is great, but we really need yyy, DirecTV sucks to not have yyy, man if only yyy was added instead of xxx.

yyy gets announced ...

but I want zzz ?? waaah !!

#1638 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,435 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:52 PM

That said, if that one is already SD.... (I don't know, I never tuned in to 426, only ever to GOL on 620) Sixto may not have noticed any changes to that channel.

426 is also HD. Just because they are testing on 9620 doesn't mean they cannot map beIN to 426 once it goes live or even just delete 426. Gol is considered part of the Spanish package and that is why it is on 426. May not be true for beIN.

#1639 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,970 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:54 PM

To complete the list for 2012:

New HD channels added this year:

- TruTV.
- E!
- TCM.
- BBC America.
- Nat Geo Wild.
- ION
- Disney Junior
- Bein Sport USA

Channels we have lost (or will lose) this year (based on assigned channel number in test):

- Gol TV (replaced by Bein Sport USA)

So in essence:

- 7 BASIC HD.
- 1 Sports HD replacing 1 Sports HD.

Not bad at all.

Many of us were saying that 2012 was the year for sports. Now this may still turn out to be true with TWC Sportsnet, PAC12, Comcast Houston, FS New Orleans looming around the corner..... but we can definitly say:

BASIC HD lovers have NOT been forgotten in 2012!

I think you might be counting that loss a little early. It's on two places and may simply move in the 600s as well we don't know yet.

#1640 OFFLINE   maartena

maartena

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,795 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:56 PM

xxx gets announced.

yyy gets announced ...

Most people should be very impressed and satisfied with the 2012 additions, steady progress, certainly shows that they're listening and expanding.

Yeah, yeah that's all great and all that but....

.... where is our ZZZ HD? :D :D

I am the Stig.

spam firewall