Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

DIRECTV HD Channel Anticipation (Official Q3-12 Thread)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3974 replies to this topic

#1941 OFFLINE   banditt76

banditt76

Godfather

• Registered
  • 266 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 06:34 PM

BEIN is a paid channel in France (11 Euros/month!!). I wonder in which package Directv will place it.

My bet is that it will be added to the Sports Pack.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#1942 OFFLINE   Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon

Chancellor

• Registered
  • 8,969 posts
  • LocationDawson, Georgia

Posted 12 August 2012 - 06:35 PM

PAC 12 in some form is probably next.

Then I expect a lull for a couple months. No info. Just a hunch.

I expect the new L.A. RSN(s) in October/November.

Hopefully the new Viacom deal will allow TV Land HD to sneak in sometime over the next few months.

Other than that, I agree.

I'd LOVE to think that CW HD-DNS is coming prior to the new season in October, but I doubt it. :(

Does TeenNick have an HD feed available? If not they need to get one.

No, and no plans announced...

~Alan

#1943 OFFLINE   Renard

Renard

Godfather

• Registered
  • 391 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 06:52 PM

I wish Directv would add beIN SPORT 2HD and the 8 other beIN SPORT SD channels AKA beIN SPORT MAX. I know why in SD only. :nono2:

#1944 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,264 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA.

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:19 PM

Think of it as Christmas.

Remember being a kid and not knowing what you were going to get for Christmas? Christmas morning was a great rush of excitement, but so was December 23rd. I almost liked that day better. That rush from anticipation was hugely stimulating for this young boy.

As an adult, most of our surprises are bad news. We get an unexpected bill in the mail, a child comes to us with a problem, something at work blows up or a health issue arises.

For adults, a surprise equals bad news. For a child, a surprise is just as likely good news.

Let anticipation bring out the child in you.

Festivus!

True;

OTOH though, when you're a kid near Christmas time and by accident or design you find out what gifts are coming and can't resist the urge to peak you spoil all the surprise and anticipation and the "Big Day" on the 25th becomes to varying degrees anticlimactic.

With the exception of beIN Sports, I've had access and viewed all the test feeds on my HR34 for the past several days now, therefore the formal launch day for them is of no great festivus now. :lol:

#1945 OFFLINE   mhking

mhking

Icon

• Registered
  • 546 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:21 PM

Ready for Doctor Who in HD

Woohoo! +1
Wish list of channels for D*: C-Span 3; BBC World News; Sky News International; CBC Newsworld; France24; EuroNews; Eurosportnews; Setanta Sports News; ABC News 24 (Australia); Australia Network (soon to be ABC Asia Pacific); Al Jazeera English; Russia Today; NHK World; DW-TV -- Heck, how about an entire English-language international tier so I don't have to keep switching to my Roku?

#1946 OFFLINE   espnjason

espnjason

Armchair Referee

• Registered
  • 529 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 08:55 PM

I wish Directv would add beIN SPORT 2HD and the 8 other beIN SPORT SD channels AKA beIN SPORT MAX. I know why in SD only. :nono2:

Wait a minute, 8 beIN sport channels? As long as I've been been following this, I only know beIN sport max is only available in France.

Now will something be done to place more Spanish, Italian, French, and English Championship matches on the 480-489 channel range? I hope so and only time will tell, the shelf space for live matches is scarce for one channel.

beIN Sport 2 is postponed due to a likely delay of the La Liga season, plus that would be on the 119 (Spanish) satellite if it is carried at all.

#1947 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,700 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:02 PM

Wait a minute, 8 beIN sport channels? As long as I've been been following this, I only know beIN sport max is only available in France.

Now will something be done to place more Spanish, Italian, French, and English Championship matches on the 480-489 channel range? I hope so and only time will tell, the shelf space for live matches is scarce for one channel.

beIN Sport 2 is postponed due to a likely delay of the La Liga season, plus that would be on the 119 (Spanish) satellite if it is carried at all.

All I can find is that MAX is a third channel. No idea where 8 came from. Bein 1, bein 2 and bein max. Max is French only.
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

#1948 OFFLINE   slimoli

slimoli

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,979 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 11:02 PM

There is a new show on BBCA, COPPER, starting next Sunday. I set it to record using the guide (large banner) and it shows in to do list as BBCAHD. Nice!
Standard Definition Causes Lung Cancer, Heart Disease, Emphysema, And May Complicate Pregnancy.

My gear:
http://www.dbstalk.c...931#post2931931

#1949 OFFLINE   Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon

Chancellor

• Registered
  • 8,969 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:17 AM

There is a new show on BBCA, COPPER, starting next Sunday. I set it to record using the guide (large banner) and it shows in to do list as BBCAHD. Nice!

It won't record if BBCA goes live Wednesday though, so remember to delete your current one and set a new one once it goes live.

~Alan

#1950 OFFLINE   georule

georule

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:42 AM

It won't record if BBCA goes live Wednesday though, so remember to delete your current one and set a new one once it goes live.

~Alan

Yeah, I'm waiting for Wednesday to set/re-set my records on BBCA. Dunno if it is necessary, but I'd prefer to have what I want rather than be cursing D* and the universe later.
LR(non-CE): HR44, Mits 65C9; Office/FR (CE): HR22-100 + AM21, Mits 60737 + Mits 3DA1 3D adapter. Spare bedroom (non-CE), HR23. Genie WHDVR, wireless networking (yay!)

#1951 OFFLINE   slimoli

slimoli

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,979 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:57 AM

~Alan

Will double check, thanks.
Standard Definition Causes Lung Cancer, Heart Disease, Emphysema, And May Complicate Pregnancy.

My gear:

#1952 OFFLINE   Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon

Chancellor

• Registered
  • 8,969 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:04 AM

Yeah, I'm waiting for Wednesday to set/re-set my records on BBCA. Dunno if it is necessary, but I'd prefer to have what I want rather than be cursing D* and the universe later.

While I'm sure the pilot episode will be re-aired, there's no harm in going ahead and setting one up in case BBCA is delayed a week.

Will double check, thanks.

No problem! :)

~Alan

#1953 OFFLINE   Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon

Chancellor

• Registered
  • 8,969 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:20 AM

I'm sorry... It is super late and I'm blanking on things.

I don't think it would record even if BBCA were delayed a week, and one was to go ahead set it up.

It's been almost two years since I had a similar experience, and with being tired, I simply got confused.

Sorry...

~Alan

#1954 OFFLINE   maartena

maartena

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,826 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:12 AM

Those are sports channels for the French market and aren't fed to the United States whatsoever. BeIN Sport has a huge sports market in France. Completely different set of channels though.
[Disclaimer] The definition of "soon" is based solely on DirecTV's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "soon" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

I am the Stig.

#1955 OFFLINE   charlesh

charlesh

• Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:30 AM

Just subscribed to DirecTV. Very much looking forward to these new additions.

#1956 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,700 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:14 PM

Those are sports channels for the French market and aren't fed to the United States whatsoever. BeIN Sport has a huge sports market in France. Completely different set of channels though.

According to Wikipedia, beIN chose France because of the lack of sports channels there.
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV

#1957 OFFLINE   slimoli

slimoli

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,979 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:23 PM

According to Wikipedia, beIN chose France because of the lack of sports channels there.

The owner of BEIN is a topcat from Qatar, the same owner of Paris Saint Germain. He is investing a lot of dough in soccer and wants to have the best team in Europe.

I have no interest in European soccer but ,for those who like it, this channel can be a real treat.

My gear:

#1958 OFFLINE   PrinceLH

PrinceLH

Godfather

• Registered
  • 473 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:32 PM

Nice to see BBCAmerica in HD. It's a decent channel, but SD turns me off and I rarely watch anything that is not HD. Ion East is a good one too! I wonder if the day will come, if Directv adds any of the subchannels from some of the markets, like THIS, AntennaTV, RPT and MeTV. I'd love to see all of those old sitcoms, that TV Land and Nick At Night, used to show.

#1959 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,700 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:36 PM

As travelfan1 reported in beIN thread, 426-1 and 620-1 now are up as notices for movement of Gol to 456 and 627.

#1960 OFFLINE   Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon

Chancellor

• Registered
  • 8,969 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:12 PM

As travelfan1 reported in beIN thread, 426-1 and 620-1 now are up as notices for movement of Gol to 456 and 627.

Personally, I would have moved the Fox College Sports Alternate channel on 623 and moved it there.

~Alan

Protected By... spam firewall...And...