Welcome to DBSTalk
Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
- Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
- Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
- Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
- Customize your profile page and make new friends
EA Installation Questions
Posted 29 June 2012 - 06:37 AM
The dish point menu of the rcvr does not even seem to be relative to the EA sats. The 72 signal meter does not seem to work. I have found the 61 sat but on the 72 lnb.
Here are my questions.-
1. Will this setup work with one coax . The instructions lead me to believe 3 are needed. Which port if only 1
2. Will the meter work correctly for finding 72 connected in line to the rcvr
3. Check switch shows 61 sat and correct dish but in wrong port
4. Does some type of switch need to be install to use both Sat1 and Sat2 inputs on the rcvr to use both tuners
5. Is a software upgrade required and how
Thank You in advance for any help.
Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:13 AM
Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:16 AM
First question we need answered is what model receiver is being installed? MPEG2 receivers can't be used on Eastern Arc. The fact that it was previously used on 119/110 says MPEG2 was possible. Even if only 2 months old DISH is just like Directv and reuses returned receivers so that dosen't really indicate age of receiver.
The OP said its a dual Tuner HD dvr so obviously its an MPEG 4 receiver.
1 Hopper 2
1 Hopper 3
5 Joey 4K
Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:50 PM
Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:18 AM
Posted 13 July 2012 - 01:27 PM
I just had the install on the 10th on the EA. I'm getting a signal strength of 58-61. Seems low to me. I was getting 95-98 strength with DTV. is there a difference in the way they measure the signal strength?
Posted 13 July 2012 - 03:08 PM
Posted 14 July 2012 - 06:10 AM
Please provide your zip code and I can provide the averages for your area on the EA installation. Thanks.
My zip is 29621.