Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR-34 Series Manager / Scheduler

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   yatsco

yatsco

Mentor

• Registered
  • 50 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 12:27 PM

Every time that I do a Restart with the HR-34, I loose the scheduler which then over 24 hours it rebuilds itself. I do not loose my list of program in the Series Manager but all the previously schedules of upcoming shows that are more that 24 hours from when I did the restart disappears. If I go to the guide for that station it will say title unavailable. By the next day all these shows reappear as scheduled shows. Is this a common problem with the HR-34? Is there anything that can be done to correct this from reoccurring everytime I do a restart?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,903 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 29 June 2012 - 12:41 PM

Every time that I do a Restart with the HR-34, I loose the scheduler which then over 24 hours it rebuilds itself. I do not loose my list of program in the Series Manager but all the previously schedules of upcoming shows that are more that 24 hours from when I did the restart disappears. If I go to the guide for that station it will say title unavailable. By the next day all these shows reappear as scheduled shows. Is this a common problem with the HR-34? Is there anything that can be done to correct this from reoccurring everytime I do a restart?

It's an issue with the software in the box and nothing you can do about it until its corrected, which hopefully will be very soon.

See post My Setup for configuration info.

#3 OFFLINE   Clemsole

Clemsole

Godfather

• Registered
  • 363 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 09:12 AM

stop restarting the unit.

#4 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 30 June 2012 - 09:20 AM

Pretty much all the dvrs do that exact same thing when rebooted unless I'm reading this wrong. You restart, the unit re-acquires guide data and rebuilds the scheduler from your Series Manager...happens on all the dvrs like that. Over the next 24-48 hours it should repopulate the guide data and be just about back to exactly where it was before the reboot.

#5 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,427 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 30 June 2012 - 12:14 PM

Have you tried tightening them?

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

#6 OFFLINE   Jerry_K

Jerry_K

Godfather

• Registered
  • 433 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 02:05 PM

stop restarting the unit.

Please lobby the road commissions to put a set of wires in the road so we can have power to our DVRs while travelling.

And sometimes the DTV DVRs can only be brought out of a glitch that freezes them with an RBR or electrical disconnect.
Genie (nee HR34) 2TB Internal, Magnavox NR1601, Sharp 40" LED
HR24 2TB Internal, Magnavox NR1501, Sansui 32" LCD

#7 OFFLINE   dsw2112

dsw2112

Always Searching

• Registered
  • 1,936 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 02:25 PM

Pretty much all the dvrs do that exact same thing when rebooted unless I'm reading this wrong. You restart, the unit re-acquires guide data and rebuilds the scheduler from your Series Manager...happens on all the dvrs like that. Over the next 24-48 hours it should repopulate the guide data and be just about back to exactly where it was before the reboot.

The HR2X models retain the scheduler (unless a double reboot is completed.) Just tested on my HR24-500 and my to-do list is still completely intact (as is the guide data.)
SL3-Slimline to SWM16 - DECA
HR34-700, HR24-500, & HR22-100

#8 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,675 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 03:51 PM

That is incorrect. The HR2X series DVRs retain guide data on reboot unless you reboot twice in a 30 minute timeframe.

The HR34 not retaining the guide data is an issue that is being worked on.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#9 OFFLINE   gregftlaud

gregftlaud

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:17 AM

Yah all the non HR34's take two reboots withing 30minutes to flush the guide.

Looks like the 34 only takes one reboot to flush the guide b/c i just restarted mine and my guide data was lost.

#10 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,227 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 08 July 2012 - 02:52 PM

Yah all the non HR34's take two reboots withing 30minutes to flush the guide.

Looks like the 34 only takes one reboot to flush the guide b/c i just restarted mine and my guide data was lost.

As mentioned, the HR34 losing its Guide Data after one reboot is a bug that is being worked on. When fixed, it will work just like the Hx2x series.

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

spam firewall