Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Still researching potential costs of Hopper

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ggotch5445

ggotch5445

AllStar

• Registered
  • 64 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 10:48 AM

Hi all,

Presently I have a 722, connected to 1 HDTV, and 1 SDTV, and 1 211 connected to 1 HDTV.

It would seem that making a change to the Hopper technology would require me to get 1 Hopper and 2 Joeys, in order to make the 3 TVs workable.

Do I understand correctly that besides the $7 fee for each Joey, there is a monthly DVR fee of $6 and a DVR whole house fee of $4/mo?

At this point, I figure I would be looking at $11/mo then, or $132/year more for the Hopper setup than I have now with the 722/211 combo. And of course that doesn't count the installation fees.

Wow, am I figuring this correctly?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,712 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 30 June 2012 - 10:56 AM

Yes.

Many other way to verify the number:
- call CSR and get final price
- use dish web site for that
- ask DIRT member here via PM
- read threads/posts where the calculation has been done many times.

#3 OFFLINE   ggotch5445

ggotch5445

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 64 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 11:08 AM

Thanks much!

spam firewall