Welcome to DBSTalk
Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
- Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
- Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
- Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
- Customize your profile page and make new friends
Still researching potential costs of Hopper
Posted 30 June 2012 - 10:48 AM
Presently I have a 722, connected to 1 HDTV, and 1 SDTV, and 1 211 connected to 1 HDTV.
It would seem that making a change to the Hopper technology would require me to get 1 Hopper and 2 Joeys, in order to make the 3 TVs workable.
Do I understand correctly that besides the $7 fee for each Joey, there is a monthly DVR fee of $6 and a DVR whole house fee of $4/mo?
At this point, I figure I would be looking at $11/mo then, or $132/year more for the Hopper setup than I have now with the 722/211 combo. And of course that doesn't count the installation fees.
Wow, am I figuring this correctly?
Posted 30 June 2012 - 10:56 AM
Many other way to verify the number:
- call CSR and get final price
- use dish web site for that
- ask DIRT member here via PM
- read threads/posts where the calculation has been done many times.
Posted 30 June 2012 - 11:08 AM