Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Lakers New Regional TV Network - NOW ON THE AIR

• Please log in to reply
2096 replies to this topic

#1081 OFFLINE   kevintheoman

kevintheoman

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:51 PM

I think that's the Los Angeles market, not the Lakers market. I think DirecTV has more than twc does if its the entire Lakers market.

The number for Cox would also be a little low assuming it's not including Las Vegas.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#1082 OFFLINE   tulanejosh

tulanejosh

Godfather

• Registered
  • 425 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:51 PM

I assume you, no one is letting ego and pride get in the way of their money. :)

And the laker market has three or more times the population of CSN Huston.

Personally, I still think that twc is asking an extra high price to help hedge their bets if they get the Dodgers, and any other additional programing.

Is DirecTV the only one not caring the new CSN Huston station?

Alright let's not start a CA vs TX p*ssing match, but CSN Houston would be a channel of statewide interest not just of interest to the Houston market. last time I checked Texas had something like 26M people.

No - Directv is not the only one not carrying CSN Houston. It's only Comcast at this point, but that doesn't make it a less relevant example.

I dont even really care about CSN Houston (I'm from Miami originally, so i watch the Heat on LP), Im just using it as an example to point out that this is more than just about SportsNet only featuring a single team. There are examples of other RSNs that cover multiple teams that Directv doesn't carry.

#1083 OFFLINE   sdk009

sdk009

Icon

• Registered
  • 686 posts
  • LocationStanislaus County Farmland

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:22 PM

http://www.wccsports.../102912aab.html
TWCS adds the West Coast Conference BB Game of the Week. The channel keeps expanding its programming, its footprint, but still no word about it being carried on D*:(

#1084 OFFLINE   coolman302003

coolman302003

2014 NBA CHAMPIONS!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,400 posts
  • LocationSoutheast

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:01 PM

Is DirecTV the only one not caring the new CSN Huston station?

Here is a PDF of all the area Houston and surrounding TV providers carrying the channel: http://www.csnhousto...el_finder_1.pdf

List of networks with HD VOD content available on DIRECTV   DIRECTV Customer Service Live Online Chat (available from 8am-1am ET)   DIRECTV Regional Sports Network (RSN) fee lookup tool (zip code required)

DIRECTV Premium Channel Pricing: 1=$13.99 ($17.99 for HBO) | 2=$25 ($30 with HBO) | 3=$35 ($40 with HBO) | 4=$43 ($48 with HBO) | All 5=$55 per month 

My Setup: 5-LNB SlimLine with SWM-16 | HR44-700 w/AM-21N | HR24-200 | H25-100 | H25-100 | C41-500

#1085 ONLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,226 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA.

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:38 PM

While I certainly have my reservations about such rumors. This individual "Eric Garcia" twitter feed;
https://twitter.com/LakerLiker

and his allegedly "credible" inside source is causing the latest stir on LakersGround.net assuring everyone a deal with DIRECTV and TWC SN will be inked tomorrow.

Know its not much, and realize an advisory to take this "FWIW" may be a gross understatement, but its better than nothing at this point I guess, as you never know ... :)

EDIT Additional: Website is here -- http://lakerliker.com/

Strike all this, author's alleged source was a fake and is apologetic about it.

Should have known better ...

Edited by HoTat2, 30 October 2012 - 08:08 PM.

#1086 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 19,200 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:59 AM

You are in Portland, which has one RSN.

Portland doesn't really have an RSN (nor do we have an MLB or NFL team). Both CSN NW and Root are largely Seattle based.

It is probably just good fortune that the PAC-12 main feed carries the Oregon and Oregon State football games that aren't nationally televised as they are the two highest ranked teams in the conference.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

#1087 OFFLINE   donm

donm

Legend

• Registered
  • 168 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:34 AM

Portland doesn't really have an RSN (nor do we have an MLB or NFL team). Both CSN NW and Root are largely Seattle based.

It is probably just good fortune that the PAC-12 main feed carries the Oregon and Oregon State football games that aren't nationally televised as they are the two highest ranked teams in the conference.

CSNNW is based in Portland and is Oregon based. Their studios are in Oregon/Portland and they carry the Blazers, Timbers and other Oregon sports. They have very little programming for Seattle.

#1088 OFFLINE   iceturkee

iceturkee

DINFOS Trained Killer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,177 posts
  • Locationdaytona beach, fl

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:02 AM

rumor has it my cable company, bright house, will get this channel soon. i am not a big fan of out house, although i do supplement my dtv with their cable. they already have pac 12 network. however, the picture quality is horrible.

#1089 OFFLINE   Hutchinshouse

Hutchinshouse

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:25 AM

While I certainly have my reservations about such rumors. This individual "Eric Garcia" twitter feed;
https://twitter.com/LakerLiker

and his allegedly "credible" inside source is causing the latest stir on LakersGround.net assuring everyone a deal with DIRECTV and TWC SN will be inked tomorrow.

Know its not much, and realize an advisory to take this "FWIW" my be a gross understatement, but its better than nothing at this point I guess, as you never know ... :)

EDIT Additional: Website is here -- http://lakerliker.com/

:icon_band

Fingers crossed!

#1090 ONLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,226 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:14 PM

:icon_band

Fingers crossed!

You can uncross them now unfortunately. The author though apologetic concedes his source was wrong if not a complete fake.

Got a bad feeling this is going to be a drawn out process as with the Pac-12 network DIRECTV's apparent current policy toward these new RSNs is stubborn and hard line
:nono2:

#1091 ONLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,226 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:33 PM

Anyhow, the negotiation beat goes on;

Cox, DirecTV and Dish still working to air Lakers on SportsNet

By Joe Flint - LA Times 10/30

Cox Cable, DirecTV and Dish Network are still trying to reach agreements to carry Time Warner Cable's new sports channel SportsNet in time for the outlet's first Lakers telecast Wednesday night.

Time Warner Cable's SportsNet, which launched Oct. 1, is the new home for the Lakers and will be the only place for fans to see 57 of the team's 82 regular-season games. Other games will be available on national outlets, including Tuesday night's Lakers season opener against Dallas, which was on TNT.

Last week, Time Warner Cable struck distribution deals for SportsNet and the Spanish-language service Deportes with Charter Communications, AT&T U-Verse and Verizon Fios.

"Dish is currently talking with Time Warner Cable SportsNet, but we will only be able to come to an agreement if the programming is offered at a good value for our customers," Dish Network officials said in a statement.

Cox and DirecTV together have almost 3 million subscribers in Southern California. Dish has 850,000. Time Warner Cable has about 2.3 million subscribers.

At issue is the price for SportsNet and Deportes. Time Warner Cable is seeking as much as $3.95 per subscriber, per month for the network. Besides the Lakers, Time Warner Cable has the rights to the Galaxy soccer team. It will also aggressively go after the Dodgers, whose contract with Fox's Prime Ticket network expires at the end of next season.

Cox and DirecTV said they are continuing negotiations with Time Warner Cable, but neither would say whether they were optimistic an agreement could be reached before the start of Wednesday night's game between the Lakers and the Portland Trail Blazers.

Sign ... but at least they're still talking so I guess that's worth something.

#1092 ONLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,771 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:52 PM

I knew it was too good to be true.

#1093 OFFLINE   Hutchinshouse

Hutchinshouse

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:13 PM

You can uncross them now unfortunately. The author though apologetic concedes his source was wrong if not a complete fake.

Got a bad feeling this is going to be a drawn out process as with the Pac-12 network DIRECTV's apparent current policy toward these new RSNs is stubborn and hard line
:nono2:

:bang

#1094 OFFLINE   Hutchinshouse

Hutchinshouse

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:14 PM

ATTN: DIRECTV

In the "What's Hot" app, right now the Lakers are #1 in the Pacific, National and Sports categories.

Any questions?

#1095 OFFLINE   lipcrkr

lipcrkr

Legend

• Registered
  • 278 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:32 PM

ATTN: DIRECTV

In the "What's Hot" app, right now the Lakers are #1 in the Pacific, National and Sports categories.

Any questions?

How about "What's Not". The Lakers looking bad against a bunch of scrubs, the crowd is dead, and the Lakers girls look bored.

#1096 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,861 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:02 AM

At this point we need as many people watching as possible so the calls for brown to be fired are louder! :). That guy hasn't put together a single good offensive scheme since he started with the Lakers. Not one.

#1097 OFFLINE   DBSNewbie

DBSNewbie

Icon

• Registered
  • 807 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:26 AM

At this point we need as many people watching as possible so the calls for brown to be fired are louder! :). That guy hasn't put together a single good offensive scheme since he started with the Lakers. Not one.

He has one of the greatest point guards in history with Nash, yet coach Brown does not use him to do what he does best. Nash should have the ball in his hand as much as possible and have him probe, probe, probe, then pass it to the open man for the easy bucket. Nash has been doing that for over 16 years. Why would we take away that advantage we have with him?
Slimline, WB616 (2), SWM8 (2), OTA, MRV (U)
Den: Sony KDS-60A3000 -> HR20-700; Sony KDL-40S2000 (5) -> HR20-700 (2) & HR20-100 (3)
Master Bed: Kuro PDP-5020FD -> HR34-700
Master Bath: Sony KDL-26S3000 + PSP -> HR24-200
Daughter's: Sony KDL-40W3000 -> HR20-700
Son's: Sony KDL-40W3000 -> HR24-500
Kitchen: Sharp 20" -> H24-700
Guest: Sharp 20" -> H20-100
Patio: SunbriteTV 3220 -> H25-500
Living Room: Sony 42" XBR Plasma -> HR20-100

Diagram of Setup

#1098 OFFLINE   lipcrkr

lipcrkr

Legend

• Registered
  • 278 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:44 AM

I never liked Brown as a coach since the beginning. All the talk shows and pundits are being brutal and rightly so. Brown says "we need to have more time to get to know one another".........yeah Mike, but Dallas had a 11 new guys playing and they seemed to be on the same page. If Brown isn't fired i see Dwight leaving after this year.

#1099 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 19,200 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:06 AM

CSNNW is based in Portland and is Oregon based. Their studios are in Oregon/Portland and they carry the Blazers, Timbers and other Oregon sports. They have very little programming for Seattle.

They have precious little event programming. I see more sporting events on my local cable access channel.

They may be the model for the Lakers Network.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

#1100 OFFLINE   donm

donm

Legend

• Registered
  • 168 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:21 AM

They have precious little event programming. I see more sporting events on my local cable access channel.

They may be the model for the Lakers Network.

I agree with you about CSNNW but I do like some of their shows when I get to see them. I can't get the channel where I live but have watched from my sons home is Kaizer. I like Talking Ducks and Talking Blazers and if I was a OSU fan Talking Beavers is good.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...