Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Lakers New Regional TV Network - NOW ON THE AIR

• Please log in to reply
2096 replies to this topic

#1281 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,220 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA.

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:49 PM

knowing swanni, the testing he is probably referring too was an incident mentioned here a few weeks ago. somone saw a twc sportsnet certain program on another channel.

i would be surprised if this is really in test or we would have seen it by now.

Well the test channel with TWC SN programming I reported awhile back in this thread is still showing;

Listed as "*DTV" on ch. "9732."

This and perhaps others reporting similar hints of testing at that time with TWC SN programs showing up during show searches on their DIRECTV iPhone and iPad apps. is probably what Swanni who regularly monitors this forum is referring to.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#1282 OFFLINE   iceturkee

iceturkee

DINFOS Trained Killer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,177 posts
  • Locationdaytona beach, fl

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:51 PM

Well the test channel with TWC SN programming I reported awhile back in this thread is still showing;

Listed as "*DTV" on ch. "9732."

This and perhaps others reporting similar hints of testing at that time with TWC SN programs showing up during show searches on their DIRECTV iPhone and iPad apps. is probably what Swanni who regularly monitors this forum is referring to.

right, i clicked on the twitter link and saw the test channel.

#1283 OFFLINE   tulanejosh

tulanejosh

Godfather

• Registered
  • 425 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:58 PM

knowing swanni, the testing he is probably referring too was an incident mentioned here a few weeks ago. somone saw a twc sportsnet certain program on another channel.

i would be surprised if this is really in test or we would have seen it by now.

No. He's referring to the fact that twc sn programming is showing up in the iPhone app.

#1284 OFFLINE   Sixto

Sixto

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,093 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:53 PM

It's in test:
10	*DTV	9732	14	D11 @99W	99C	1060	TWC Lakers HD
I was without power, but gct did post it in the transponder table last Wednesday.
DirecTV: Genie HR44, H25, CCK, GenioGo, SWiM-16 & SWiM-8, DECA to Gigabit Switch with FiOS (75/75)
FiOS: Roamio Pro's (2), Roamio Plus, Mini's (4) with Ultimate HD (My Roamio Thoughts)

#1285 OFFLINE   Sixto

Sixto

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,093 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:01 PM

It's been there since 10/26, just didn't notice it at the time because it was just labeled *DTV:

http://www.dbstalk.c...214#post3125214

Futher data shows it's the Lakers channel.

There's an SD version as well at 9733.
DirecTV: Genie HR44, H25, CCK, GenioGo, SWiM-16 & SWiM-8, DECA to Gigabit Switch with FiOS (75/75)
FiOS: Roamio Pro's (2), Roamio Plus, Mini's (4) with Ultimate HD (My Roamio Thoughts)

#1286 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,835 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:09 PM

No. He's referring to the fact that twc sn programming is showing up in the iPhone app.

It's not in my iPhone app.

#1287 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,835 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:10 PM

It's been there since 10/26, just didn't notice it at the time because it was just labeled *DTV: http://www.dbstalk.c...214#post3125214Futher data shows it's the Lakers channel.

There's an SD version as well at 9733.

Did you see the Spanish channel? If not, I suspect this is all about league pass.

#1288 OFFLINE   Sixto

Sixto

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,093 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:14 PM

It should be noted that it's not being tested in the usual way, so there's always the chance that it's just for a league subscription package or some other plan.

Usually a 7x24 HD channel would use the real 7x24 channel number and an asterisk in front of the real name while in TEST. In this case it's in the 9700's.

So all this proves is that it's in test, not necessarily that it's coming soon as a 7x24 linear HD channel. It may, but this doesn't hint at that.

#1289 OFFLINE   Satelliteracer

Satelliteracer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,036 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:40 PM

and some of us dtv customers would like to have the number of basic national hd that my cable company has. i'm lucky right now, i can afford both. but come january somebody is going to get the boot.

Understood. More HD is coming and will continue to come.
DIRECTV employee

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#1290 OFFLINE   ep1974

ep1974

Legend

• Registered
  • 425 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:55 PM

I'm sure some of those Bright House folks wish they would add the missing 20 or so RSN's in HD that D* has that they don't down there. Etc, etc. ;) No one has it all.

As usual, you make a good point. I just hope we get more basic HD channels, sooner rather than later, and i believe we will.

#1291 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,835 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:10 PM

As usual, you make a good point. I just hope we get more basic HD channels, sooner rather than later, and i believe we will.

I have to believe that any channel we now have Hi Definition Video On Demand for will be coming to DirecTV in Hi Definition linear format at some point, but logistics is the hold back for those particular channels.

#1292 OFFLINE   ep1974

ep1974

Legend

• Registered
  • 425 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:24 PM

I have to believe that any channel we now have Hi Definition Video On Demand for will be coming to DirecTV in Hi Definition linear format at some point, but logistics is the hold back for those particular channels.

To anyones knowledge, has it ever happened before that VOD HD content has preceded an HD channel launch? If not, I hope this will be a first.

Edited by ep1974, 04 November 2012 - 05:44 PM.

#1293 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,835 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:53 PM

To anyones knowledge, has it ever happened before that VOD HD content has preceded an HD channel launch? If not, I hope this will be a first.

No, but in the past week, we have started seeing all kinds of hd vod content show up for channels we only get in sd, so it seems logical they have the rights to the hd linear feeds if they can show the on demand feeds.

#1294 OFFLINE   tulanejosh

tulanejosh

Godfather

• Registered
  • 425 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:56 PM

It's not in my iPhone app.

It's in mine. You search lakers, don't hit enter, and you see a myriad of twc sn programming.

#1295 OFFLINE   Hutchinshouse

Hutchinshouse

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:02 PM

Lakers 0-3
Vs.
Pistons 0-2

If the Lakers lose tonight, Time Warner Cable will have to pay DIRECTV $3.95 per subscriber. :lol:

Lakers playing tonight.....check
TV turned on....check
Beer in hand.....check
TWC SportsNet on DIRECTV.......eeeerrrrr

:mad:

#1296 OFFLINE   ep1974

ep1974

Legend

• Registered
  • 425 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:21 PM

No, but in the past week, we have started seeing all kinds of hd vod content show up for channels we only get in sd, so it seems logical they have the rights to the hd linear feeds if they can show the on demand feeds.

Sounds logical to me. Hope we see some new HD channels soon.

#1297 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,220 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA.

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:52 PM

Lakers 0-3
Vs.
Pistons 0-2

If the Lakers lose tonight, Time Warner Cable will have to pay DIRECTV $3.95 per subscriber. :lol:

But in an ironic twist when people point out how this is the worst Lakers start since '78, I'd actually take that start right now.

I remember that season, it was the '78-'79 one right before Magic Johnson arrived. And after an 0-3 start on the road the Lakers came home and ran off about 14 straight wins and became one of the hottest teams in the NBA.

Then a key player in that streak, a forward named Adrian Dantley who's play was outstanding, got injured and the team came back down to earth.

... Lakers playing tonight.....check
TV turned on....check
Beer in hand.....check
TWC SportsNet on DIRECTV.......eeeerrrrr

:mad:

And even here ironically I'll take the 0-3 start '78-'79 season over this one in this respect since at least I could see all the home games on "ON TV" at the time, and of course what was then KHJ (now KCAL) channel 9 for the road. :mad:

Edited by HoTat2, 04 November 2012 - 07:57 PM.

#1298 OFFLINE   Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon

Chancellor

• Registered
  • 8,946 posts
  • LocationDawson, Georgia

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:23 PM

A year or two ago, E! had ONE HD VOD program, but E! didn't actually go live as a linear channel until earlier this year.

On a slightly more on-topic comment, I guess Shaylene Benson isn't a Laker Girl anymore.... :(

#1299 OFFLINE   Rob

Rob

Icon

• Registered
  • 560 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:33 PM

Question, Why do I get the Lakers/Detroit Game on NBA League Pass. I live in San Marcos, CA (Clearly in Lakers DMA) I am seeing the game on NBALP free preview 756-1.
It's only tv!

#1300 OFFLINE   mshaw2715

mshaw2715

Breaking the mold

• Registered
  • 834 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Washington

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:39 PM

Lakers feed is part of the nba league pass broadband for those that want the lakers feed.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...