... unforgettable 2010 Game 7 on our home court was just incredible and will last forever.
As a Lakers season ticket holder since 2000, I must say that the last few seconds leading up to the final buzzer (as Odom was passing the ball down the length of the court to Kobe) in that memorable Game 7 has got to be the most euphoric moment I have ever experienced at Staples Center. It was the loudest I have ever heard it in there and what made it so surreal was that everything seemed to be happening in slow motion. It was awesome!!!
It's funny. The crowd at Staples Center always gets a bad rap for being too quiet. But, it is so true. Compared to a Clippers home game, for example, the Staples Center during a Laker home game is basically like a library for a majority of the time. Of course, there's the occasional outburst from the crowd, but at certain times, you could hear a pin drop in there.
Here's my top 5 Loudest Lakers Moments at Staples:
5. Game 1, 2001 Finals. Just before tip-off, the crowd was chanting "Sweep, Sweep, Sweep" The place was rocking. This was the year that the Lakers had gone 11-0 in the playoffs up until that game. They ended up losing Game 1 in OT, but eventually won 4 straight to set an NBA Playoff Best W/L Record (15-1)
4. 2008 Christmas Game against the Celtics. As kb24sd had mentioned, the Lakers had just come off an embarrassing loss to the C's in the previous season's Finals. With something to prove, the Lakers beat the Celtics in their first meeting since. The game was sealed when Pau came out to the top of the key to block a shot, steal the ball, and ultimately put game in the refrigerator on a break-away dunk. The crowd went nuts and began the Boston S**ks! chants. (EDIT: It was Ariza with the break-away dunk. The ball was tipped to him after Gasol blocked Ray Allen's 20-footer)
3. Game 4, 2002 Western Conference Finals. The Robert Horry Shot at the buzzer against the Kings. The Lakers didn't have a lead in the game until 0:00 was showing on the clock in the fourth quarter. The Lakers won 100-99.
2. Game 4, 2006 First Round against the Suns. Kobe's buzzer beater in OT gave the Lakers a 3-1 lead in the series against the second seeded Suns. We ended up losing the series in 7, but the moment Kobe hit that game-winning shot, it had been the loudest and craziest Staples had ever been (in my experience), up until...
1. Of course, the Final Buzzer of Game 7, 2010 Finals.
Honorable Mention. I wasn't able to attend Game 7 of the 2000 Conference Finals against Portland, the fourth quarter comeback game. But, if I had, I'm pretty sure it would have been one of the loudest Staples Center moments for me, as well.
Edited by DBSNewbie, 19 November 2012 - 06:48 PM.