Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Anyone notice any better PQ since E*7 is online?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   John Corn

John Corn

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,046 posts

Posted 25 April 2002 - 11:05 AM

Seems like maybe a few look better, I'm not sure? :shrug:
Or is it my eye's trying to make it look better?
Have a Great Day! :) :flag:

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 6,968 posts

Posted 25 April 2002 - 11:10 AM

John - What are you drinking?

I want some. :goodjob:

Again E7 is not officialy online yet, its only in testing mode, they are still working on aiming things correctly.

So if the picture looks a little better its not due to E7 (yet) :)

#3 OFFLINE   John Corn

John Corn

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5,046 posts

Posted 25 April 2002 - 12:38 PM

testing, online whatever, I've been trying to watch for any noticeable PQ improvements.

I can sit down in my lounge chair, have a few Budweisers, with the lighting just right and the picture somewhat motionless and it does look better. :D

#4 OFFLINE   Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 6,968 posts

Posted 25 April 2002 - 01:00 PM

Enough Budweiser makes anything look good after awhile. I could crack a joke here, but for the sake of the board I will keep my mouth shut. :)

#5 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 25 April 2002 - 01:15 PM

It generally takes several weeks before an increase in bandwidth is translated into better PQ.

E* seems to be involved right now in moving the channels around in order to use the spot beams on those 5 transponders (ie moving locals from 110 to those spot beams, and moving channels from 119 to 110).

After all that is done, there will be more bandwidth, and then EchoStar engineers will have to readjust the encoders to make use of that extra bandwidth, which takes several weeks before they make significant progress.

With luck, things will improve steadily during the May Sweeps.

#6 OFFLINE   John Corn

John Corn

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5,046 posts

Posted 25 April 2002 - 01:47 PM

Thanks for the info kstuart. :)

#7 OFFLINE   lee635

lee635

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 25 April 2002 - 05:23 PM

Originally posted by kstuart
It generally takes several weeks before an increase in bandwidth is translated into better PQ.

That sounds like what you hear with oil prices. When there's a scare on the nightly news my little local "Goober's Gas Station" has the prices turned up the next day, and he says it's just the way it is.

But when there's a report of an oil glut, Goober becomes an oil policy expert talking about the time it takes for the price fluctuation to work its way through the supply chain to the cracking plant to....:mad:

#8 OFFLINE   Geronimo

Geronimo

Native American Potentate

• Gold Members
  • 8,295 posts

Posted 26 April 2002 - 10:31 AM

Another thread indicates that E7 is transmittting. I am not sure if this is true. But others seeem to think so---if I am reading that thread correctly.
I never cared for all the signatures that insult posters with other points of view.

#9 OFFLINE   ekake2

ekake2

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 April 2002 - 11:21 AM

Originally posted by John Corn
Seems like maybe a few look better, I'm not sure? :shrug:
Or is it my eye's trying to make it look better?

yes abc-w is was better last night(no boose here, beer plane not in yet) :shrug:
but sure was a better PQ then and now :D

#10 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2002 - 12:39 AM

You guys are funny. I noticed Dish was bad after the 1st of the year, but the picture quality has since retuned. I'll have to try that with a glass of wine, John. :)

So John, I thought it was just women that were supposed to look better after a few Budweisers not your TV. ;)

Sorry John, Scott started it. :)

Protected By... spam firewall...And...