Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

BUG REPORT: Display Setup screen lockup

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   peterd

peterd

AllStar

• Registered
  • 78 posts

Posted 14 January 2004 - 01:49 PM

I can now reproduce this any time a hard reboot is done and the 921 comes up in 480 after rebooting.

I bring up the Display Setup screen (menu-6-9) to change to 720 or 1080. I move the cursor to another display resolution. As soon as I press Select, the resolution changes and user input is locked out. There is no way to leave the screen directly (either by cursoring over to the on-screen Done button, or by pressing cancel on the remote).

The only way I've found to leave is by pressing Guide (or sometimes DVR). After leaving one of those screens things are usually ok. Even this has sometimes failed, with the background image (the green shaded screen with the Dish logo & logo shadow upper left) refusing to go away. A power off & back on again seems to clear up the stuck background image when this happens.
Peter
(New to this forum, but far from a newbie!) :)

921 Info (so I don't forget it in bug reports) :grin:
SW: L188HECD-N
Boot: 120B
Flash: F051

HR10-250 Info (no bug reports) :D
SW: 3.1.5D-01-2-357
Capacity: 500 GB (63hrs HD)
NIC: Linksys USB100TX

SW64, DISH 300 @148 & DISH 500 w. duals.
119 split off DISH 500, combined with 110 Sat-C LNB on 24" dish and 101 from GainMaster (D* 101 + BEV 91 & 82)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

Protected By... spam firewall...And...