Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

A&E Network orders "Bates Motel" series

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Reaper

Reaper

Godfather

• Registered
  • 519 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:29 PM

I had very low expectations for this series but it's crazy good. "Crazy" good. Get it? Heh.

Seriously though, It's REALLY good. In fact, it's my favorite show on TV right now. :)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Holydoc

Holydoc

Legend

• Registered
  • 230 posts
  • LocationPanhandle, FL

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:11 PM

I had very low expectations for this series but it's crazy good. "Crazy" good. Get it? Heh.

Seriously though, It's REALLY good. In fact, it's my favorite show on TV right now. :)

It's good but IMHO not in the same league as shows like Justified (playing now), the Walking Dead (playing now), or Breaking Bad (on Hiatus). I need to give it more than two shows before I can even consider it as "keep worthy". :)

#23 OFFLINE   Reaper

Reaper

Godfather

• Registered
  • 519 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:14 AM

It's good but IMHO not in the same league as shows like Justified (playing now), the Walking Dead (playing now), or Breaking Bad (on Hiatus). I need to give it more than two shows before I can even consider it as "keep worthy". :)

To each his own. I don't watch Breaking Bad or Justified (though I regret the latter).

I've been a fan of The Walking Dead comic since day one (2003). IMHO, the TV show pales by comparison. Every offhand shot is a head shot? The zombies skulls are as soft as Nerf balls? Again, IMHO, TWD is not really a great show. The comic is better by an order of magnitude. :grin:

#24 OFFLINE   Holydoc

Holydoc

Legend

• Registered
  • 230 posts
  • LocationPanhandle, FL

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:32 PM

Though I do enjoy superhero type movies such as Ironman, I have not read a comic book since I was a small boy. I will have to take your word on it that the Walking Dead comics are better than the TV Series.

But back on topic, I still need more than two episodes of Bates Motel to determine if it is worth setting up a series recording.

FYI... if you ever get a chance, you may want to try to rent Breaking Bad. I also thought it would not be worth it. I was SO WRONG. Just a heads-up. Nothing good ever happens on that show.

#25 OFFLINE   Reaper

Reaper

Godfather

• Registered
  • 519 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:36 PM

Though I do enjoy superhero type movies such as Ironman, I have not read a comic book since I was a small boy. I will have to take your word on it that the Walking Dead comics are better than the TV Series.

But back on topic, I still need more than two episodes of Bates Motel to determine if it is worth setting up a series recording.

FYI... if you ever get a chance, you may want to try to rent Breaking Bad. I also thought it would not be worth it. I was SO WRONG. Just a heads-up. Nothing good ever happens on that show.

LOL. Yeah, I guessed that from the series title. :lol:

Hey, comics aren't just for kids ya know. :D

#26 OFFLINE   Maruuk

Maruuk

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:32 PM

It's ok. I'm impressed the net lets them get away with such kinky and incestuous content. I think I'll stick with it awhile.

#27 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,735 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 24 January 2014 - 11:22 AM

logo.gif

New York, NY- January 24, 2013 - A&E Network premieres season two of the critically acclaimed original drama series "Bates Motel," starring Vera Farmiga in her Emmy-nominated role as Norma Bates and Freddie Highmore as Norman. The series premieres Monday, March 3 at 9 PM ET/PT.

In season two of "Bates Motel," executive producers Carlton Cuse ("Lost") and Kerry Ehrin ("Friday Night Lights") dig deeper into the twisted world of the Bates family. Picking up from last season, Norman (Freddie Highmore) is fixating on Miss Watson's death while Norma's mysterious past starts to haunt the family with the introduction of her brother. Meanwhile, Norman's brother Dylan, (Max Thieriot), gets more entrenched in the familial drug war that fuels White Pine Bay and finds himself right in the middle of the danger as Bradley (Nicola Peltz), who remains on the hunt to uncover her father's killer, is driven to precarious extremes. Sheriff Romero (Nestor Carbonell), is caught up on all fronts as everything in town escalates and Emma (Olivia Cooke) complicates her relationship with Norman as the duo explore new love interests, bringing new and old characters along for the ride.

. . . .

READ MORE

Edited by Drucifer, 24 January 2014 - 11:23 AM.

DREW

Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR21-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

#28 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,082 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 11:59 AM

Congratulations on seeing a great classic, may I ask what took you so long to finally watch it? :)

I remember the first time I saw it back in the mid 70's as a kid, it scared the life out of me :lol:

I saw it in a drive-in by my house in 1969 with my parents. 

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

#29 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,735 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 25 January 2014 - 12:20 PM

I saw it in a drive-in by my house in 1969 with my parents. 

Psycho does highlight what a drive-in movie should be like.

DREW

Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR21-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

#30 OFFLINE   Maruuk

Maruuk

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 07:11 PM

Vera and Freddie are just so awesome in this. They don't skimp on the creepiness factor of the incest either, they just stick it right out there. Has a terrific Twin Peaks vibe as well.

#31 OFFLINE   coolman302003

coolman302003

2014 NBA CHAMPIONS!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,118 posts
  • LocationSoutheast

Posted 02 May 2014 - 12:11 AM

Bumping this thread to mention that immediately following the season two finale on Monday, May 5th, 11PM ET/PT they will air a live 'Bates Motel: After Hours' special. Just a friendly reminder to set you DVR manually if interested as it won't be picked up from the main show Series Link. :)   They did air one of these specials after the season two premiere episode as well.

A&E Network premieres the season finale of the hit original series "Bates Motel” on Monday, May 5th at 10pm ET/PT immediately followed by the finale edition of “Bates Motel: After Hours,” at 11pm ET/PT hosted by Dave Holmes.
Fans get first-hand look into the explosive season finale during “Bates Motel: After Hours”, a live half-hour special event on May 5th at 11pm ET/PT. Stars Vera Farmiga (Norma Bates), Freddie Highmore (Norman Bates), Max Thieriot (Dylan Massett), Nestor Carbonell (Alex Romero), Olivia Cooke (Emma Decody) and executive producer Carlton Cuse will answer fan questions, share behind-the-scenes analysis and give insight into season two and what may be to come in season three. “Bates Motel: After Hours” will be broadcast in front of a live studio audience in New York.  ....

#32 OFFLINE   Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek

On the edge

• Super Moderators
  • 9,017 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 03 May 2014 - 10:27 AM

Thanks for the heads up, I added it to the TV reminders thread and calendar.

Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, Dish Network, or any other company.
Become a DBSTalk.com member or join the CE program HERE

spam firewall