Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Hopper Internet Connector

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   StringFellow

StringFellow

AllStar

• Registered
  • 101 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:03 AM

Based on several forum posts it appears that multi-room viewing is unstable if 2 Hoppers have ethernet connections. It appears that using Ethernet to one Hopper and a HIC is the idea solution.

In addition I don't have access to BB@Home on my Joey if I remove Ethernet from the Hopper hosting the Joey.

Is a Hopper Internet Connector required?

Setup: 2 Hoppers (both w/ Ethernet) /1 Joey (Coax only)

Edited by StringFellow, 04 July 2012 - 10:43 AM.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   eddwall

eddwall

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 26 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:45 AM

With upgrade software 213 to Hoppers & 265 to Joeys .... You now need only one Hopper connected to the Internet...all hoppers & joeys will see and use the one connection.

#3 OFFLINE   gregleg

gregleg

AllStar

• Registered
  • 53 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:14 PM

No need for the HIC at all if you have Ethernet to any Hopper. Just make sure you have only one connected and you should be good. (That said I use the HIC for my 2H/2J system with very good stability)

#4 OFFLINE   oldengineer

oldengineer

Godfather

• Registered
  • 455 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 07:16 AM

With upgrade software 213 to Hoppers & 265 to Joeys .... You now need only one Hopper connected to the Internet...all hoppers & joeys will see and use the one connection.

This works for me with a caveat. The Hopper with no internet connection and the 2 Joeys linked show as not Home Connected (red symbols) and as having no internet connection if using On Demand. However MRV and downloads from BB@Home work perfectly on all boxes.

2H/1J

#5 ONLINE   Jhon69

Jhon69

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,638 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:47 AM

Based on several forum posts it appears that multi-room viewing is unstable if 2 Hoppers have ethernet connections. It appears that using Ethernet to one Hopper and a HIC is the idea solution.

In addition I don't have access to BB@Home on my Joey if I remove Ethernet from the Hopper hosting the Joey.

Is a Hopper Internet Connector required?

Setup: 2 Hoppers (both w/ Ethernet) /1 Joey (Coax only)

I would have the installer install the HIC,better to get it with your original installation than to need it later when you will have to pay for it.

Always get everything you need with the original installation otherwise the cost to get one you will have to pay for it.

#6 OFFLINE   ransz28

ransz28

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 09:26 AM

I have 2H/1J and only use the HIC. Everything works on all of them.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...