Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Transponder Maps: Domestic, LatinAm and SkyMex New Data 12/19/2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
417 replies to this topic

#381 OFFLINE   Rafael

Rafael

Mentor

• Registered
  • 61 posts
  • LocationFort Lauderdale, FL / Caracas Venezuela

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:41 PM

Just curious, but pulling up the latest FCC filing data on Galaxy 3C that I could locate in the IBFS, I can't find anything that might be used for three of the four transponders listed under beam PR for the DLA service.

While I can find the transponder used for #25 in the FCC data, according to LyngSat the frequencies for beam PR's tps. numbered 2, 5, and 11, 11750, 11810, and 11930 MHz LHCP respectively, are nowhere to be found in the data.

The only transponders listed on those frequencies is under the "North American + Puerto Rico" beam which would of course seem as the logical ones for beam PR, but they show as using linear polarization and have 54 MHz bandwidths.

I can see the downlink transponders which must account for beam Oeste (Latin America) and Sur (South America) in the document just fine. Though apparently having two uplink options to them in both the "extended" C and Ku bands is a little confusing.

But locating what may account for three of the transponders outside of #25 used by beam PR is a problem.

Any suggestions welcomed.

This is a mistery to me also, I have been following this post since some time now and I will add my personal experience on it:

Lyngsat is fed with info given from colaborators, I have given some info in the past.
What Lyngsat has posted some times could be a misinterpretation of some colaborator.

I'm located in South America and I have been able to lock on all the signals:
South, North and PR Beam.

One thing that confuses me is the fact that the bird (G3C) Should be a FSS desiganted by ITU Region 2 (Americas) from 11.7 to 12.2 GHz (Local Oscillator Frequency (LOF) 10.750 GHz), and BSS is designated by ITU Region 2 (Americas) to be 12.2 to 12.7 GHz (LOF 11.250 GHz) segment is allocated to the BSS (broadcasting satellite service).

Maybe there is a special permit to beam BSS in Region 2 with standards of Region 1 (Europe & Africa)....

Regarding the Transponder numbers and frequencies I find that most likely DirecTV Latin America manipulates the software in a way you may think it's two transponders but it might be a partition of a single Transponder.....once again this is my best educated guess.

One question I have I read some months ago you guys where observing the use of DirecTV 5 (Formerly Tempo 1) @ 110W being used to beam some HD channels to PR what else have you guys learned in this regard?

Best Regards.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#382 ONLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,968 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA.

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:53 AM

... I'm located in South America and I have been able to lock on all the signals:
South, North and PR Beam.

Interesting that you can pickup Beam PR at all from South America.

... One thing that confuses me is the fact that the bird (G3C) Should be a FSS desiganted by ITU Region 2 (Americas) from 11.7 to 12.2 GHz (Local Oscillator Frequency (LOF) 10.750 GHz), and BSS is designated by ITU Region 2 (Americas) to be 12.2 to 12.7 GHz (LOF 11.250 GHz) segment is allocated to the BSS (broadcasting satellite service).

Since G3C is licensed to provide international service, I guess its allowed to operate on these other bands.

5.925 – 6.675 GHz uplink (Extended C Band), 3.7 – 4.2 GHz downlink (C Band),
13.750 – 14.5 GHz uplink, 11.450 – 11.7 GHz downlink (Extended Ku band) and 11.7 – 12.2 GHz downlink (standard Ku or "Ku-hi" Band).

... Maybe there is a special permit to beam BSS in Region 2 with standards of Region 1 (Europe & Africa)....

No BSS capability listed in the FCC data on G3C. Besides the DIRECTV LA LNB cannot receive the 12.2-12.7 GHz BSS band.

Only from 11.450 GHz to 12.2 GHz down-converted by the LNB to 950 - 1700 MHz by a 10.5 GHz L.O.

... Regarding the Transponder numbers and frequencies I find that most likely DirecTV Latin America manipulates the software in a way you may think it's two transponders but it might be a partition of a single Transponder.....once again this is my best educated guess.

Not sure how this would work, but from the FCC filed data on G3C only 54 MHz wide transponders 18K, 22K, and 30K on the frequencies listed on LyngSat assigned to a "North America + Puerto Rico" beam fit the bill for relaying MPEG-4 HD programming to PR.

The only problem is that the tech info. filed with the FCC for the G3C bird list the downlink polarization for those transponders as linear when it would have to be circular.

Uplink TPN.|Uplink Beam|Uplink Pol.|Uplink Freq.|Downlink TPN.|Downlink Beam|Downlink Pol.|Downlink Freq.|TPN. Bandwidth
18K|N.A. + PUERTO RICO|HORIZONTAL|14.050 GHz|18K|N.A. + PUERTO RICO|VERTICAL|11.750 GHZ|54 MHz
22K|N.A. + PUERTO RICO|HORIZONTAL|14.110 GHz|22K|N.A. + PUERTO RICO| VERTICAL|11.810 GHz|54 MHz
30K|N.A. + PUERTO RICO|HORIZONTAL|14.230 GHz|30K|N.A. + PUERTO RICO|VERTICAL|11.930 GHz|54 MHz

:confused:

I really think there must be a mistake in the data.

... One question I have I read some months ago you guys where observing the use of DirecTV 5 (Formerly Tempo 1) @ 110W being used to beam some HD channels to PR what else have you guys learned in this regard?

Best Regards.

Initially at least, it appeared D5 was being tested and prepared to relay HD channels to PR. Now however its actively carrying these SD channels in MPEG-2 to PR.

*LILS 90
E! 222
COOK 267
NIKe 322
DXD 326
BOOM 336
NKJR 337
EWTN 350
TCM 504
LMN 518
HB2 565
HBOS 567
HBF 568
MMAX 572
SHO2 578
SHO3 580
EXTR 581
TMCe 582
EACT 588
ENCe 589
EDRA 590
ESNN 646
ESPC 647
SPEED 655
HLN 708
BTV 710
bio 744
BBCA 768

Edited by HoTat2, 19 December 2012 - 11:43 PM.

#383 OFFLINE   Luispr14

Luispr14

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:13 PM

Guys I'm sorry to inform that the installer didn't come today call me to say he'll come tomorrow so one more day for the new equipment and the info.

#384 OFFLINE   doctor j

doctor j

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,422 posts
  • LocationBirmingham, Al.

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:33 PM

Guys I'm sorry to inform that the installer didn't come today call me to say he'll come tomorrow so one more day for the new equipment and the info.

Thanks for your info!
Keep us informed.
You are our eyes and ears in Puerto Rico.

Doctor j

MFH-2 System : 2 Major Viewing Areas. 2 x HR20-700's & H21 in each area via E2/SWM-8. Hardwire gigabit switch to 30 mb/sec internet.

#385 OFFLINE   Rafael

Rafael

Mentor

• Registered
  • 61 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:12 PM

Interesting that you can pickup Beam PR at all from South America.

Yes I can, also from 101W D*; 119WD* & E*; 110W E*&D*; 129 W E*; 61.5 W & 72.5W E*; guess I'm not so lucky with Ka....

No BSS capability listed in the FCC data on G3C. Besides the DIRECTV LA LNB cannot receive the 12.2-12.7 GHz BSS band.

Only from 11.450 GHz to 12.2 GHz down-converted by the LNB to 950 - 1700 MHz by a 10.5 GHz L.O.

I agree, but this is why the thing is confusing, the LNBF is mounted just like circular, there's no skew adjust, but there is a dielectric plate inside the feed to separate polarities, just like circular....my best educated guess once again is that they're beaming one FSS polarity and therefore no need to adjust skew....

Not sure how this would work, but from the FCC filed data on G3C only 54 MHz wide transponders 18K, 22K, and 30K on the frequencies listed on LyngSat assigned to a "North America + Puerto Rico" beam fit the bill for relaying MPEG-4 HD programming to PR.

The only problem is that the tech info. filed with the FCC for the G3C bird list the downlink polarization for those transponders as linear when it would have to be circular.

Uplink TPN.|Uplink Beam|Uplink Pol.|Uplink Freq.|Downlink TPN.|Downlink Beam|Downlink Pol.|Downlink Freq.|TPN. Bandwidth
18K|N.A. + PUERTO RICO|HORIZONTAL|14.050 GHz|18K|N A + PUERTO RICO|VERTICAL|11.750 GHZ|54 MHz
22K|N.A. + PUERTO RICO|HORIZONTAL|14.110 GHz|22K|N A + PUERTO RICO| VERTICAL|11.810 GHz|54 MHz
30K|N.A. + PUERTO RICO|HORIZONTAL|14.230 GHz|30K|N A + PUERTO RICO|VERTICAL|11.930 GHz|54 MHz

This is the thing, in the ird when it sends 18 VDC the even transponders should be active, and in deed they do.....but also some odd have signal?
This is why my best guess is that they have partitions and of course they can manipulate the software as needed....this on other transponders not only from the PR ones....

Initially at least, it appeared D5 was being tested and prepared to relay HD channels to PR. Now however its actively carrying these SD channels in MPEG-2 to PR.

So they're offering (Right Now) 47 HD channels if they're not @ 110W they should be beaming out of 99W Ka?

#386 OFFLINE   Rafael

Rafael

Mentor

• Registered
  • 61 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:44 PM

Thanks for your info!
Keep us informed.
You are our eyes and ears in Puerto Rico.

Doctor j

I could just add:

The old PR HD receiver is the LHR 22
In the set up before the software didn't give you the option, but since last update it gives you the following:

1.- Multiswitch.
2.- SWM (Single Wire Multiswitch).

Also it's giving Nexus option for sharing between receivers.

Makes sence they must set up 95W (FSS)(Core SD & some HD); 99W or 103W for complementary HD as they're out of bandwidth and 110W was also the other option. In that way Puerto Rico users could be included with US programming in English and hardware the same as in the US.

What size antenna? two antennas? etc.....beats me.

All I can state is that DirecTV's US (99W, 101W, 103W, 110W, 119W) coverage (E.I.R.P.) in the Caribbean is poor compared to Dishnetwork, and Dishnetwork is very agreesive in the island (PR & USVI) they (D*) must be loosing some customers because of this move. By the other hand DirecTV Latin America (95W) has more coverage than Dishnetwork (119W & 110W) in the Caribbean, but the US content is good but probably for some not enough
Feelings could be mixed because language for some is spanish and for others is english....they carry almost 20 HD latin channels for south america that probably some people in the P.R. could like complex situation in my opinion.

I've been in PR and I hardly had to speak english my view is that most people use both but spanish is stonger....

#387 ONLINE   Gary Toma

Gary Toma

UNIX

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:09 PM

NEW HD CONUS CHANNELS IN TEST
None|No New HD CONUS Channels In Test

NEW HD CONUS CHANNELS ACTIVE
None|No New HD CONUS Channels Active

NEW HD-MARKET IN TEST
None|No New HD Markets In Test

NEW HD-MARKET ACTIVE
NET|NAME|CHL|NOTES0|NOTES1
14|KOAB|3|A3 Bend 03 KOAB PBS|PBS from KOABDT-TV, 03, Bend, OR
14|KTVZ|21|A3 Bend 21 KTVZ NBC|NBC from KTVZDT-TV, 21, Bend, OR
14|KFXO|39|A3 Bend 39 KFXO-LP FOX|FOX from KFXOLP-TV, 39, Bend, OR
14|KOHD|51|A3 Bend 51 KOHD ABC|ABC from KOHDDT-TV, 51, Bend, OR

NEW HD LIL CHANNELS IN TEST
None|No New HD LIL Channels In Test

NEW HD LIL CHANNELS ACTIVE
14|WNLO|23|A3 Buffalo 23 WNLO CW|CW from WNLODT-TV, 23, Buffalo, NY
14|WNYO|49|A3 Buffalo 49 WNYO MNT|MNT from WNYODT-TV, 49, Buffalo, NY
14|WBBZ|67|A3 Buffalo 67 WBBZ IND|Independent from WBBZDT-TV, 67, Buffalo, NY
14|KQCK|33|A3 Denver 33 KQCK MFX (D10)|MFX from KQCKDT-TV, 33, Denver, CO
11|KQCK|33|A3 Denver 33 KQCK MFX (D11)|MFX from KQCKDT-TV, 33, Denver, CO
3|TFT|42|A3 Fresno 42 TFT (Virt)|Telefutura
14|WCGV|24|A3 Milwaukee 24 WCGV MNT|MNT from WCGVDT-TV, 24, Milwaukee, WI
14|WMLW|49|A3 Milwaukee 49 WMLW IND|Independent from WMLWDT-TV, 49, Milwaukee, WI

NEW SD LIL CHANNELS IN TEST
None|No New SD LIL Channels In Test

NEW SD LIL CHANNELS ACTIVE
14|CW|22|A3 Bend 22 KTVZ-DT CW|CW from KTVZDT2-TV, 22, Bend, OR
0|KQCK|33|Denver KQCK 33 MFX|MFX from KQCK-TV, 33, Denver, CO

HD OR SD LIL CHANNELS REMOVED
None|No Channels Removed

Keys in the Excel TPN Map:
  • Channel Names in the Excel TPN Map which begin with an asterisk (*) are in TEST status
  • Channels shaded blue in the Excel use MPEG4 compression.
    While all HD channels are MPEG4, SD channels may also be in MPEG4.

Edited by gct, 19 December 2012 - 10:38 PM.

#388 ONLINE   Gary Toma

Gary Toma

UNIX

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:24 PM

In today's 12/12/19 TPN Map, the Transponder Numbers for SW1 and SW2 channels to Puerto Rico have been left blank.

At this point in time we cannot yet validate the Transponder Number relationships for those Puerto Rico virtual transponders. The very first subscribers for this new 'Domestic' feed are scheduled to light up this week.

Stay tuned.

#389 ONLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,968 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:06 AM

In today's 12/12/19 TPN Map, the Transponder Numbers for SW1 and SW2 channels to Puerto Rico have been left blank.

At this point in time we cannot yet validate the Transponder Number relationships for those Puerto Rico virtual transponders.
The very first subscribers for this new 'Domestic' feed are scheduled to light up this week.

Stay tuned.

Do you mean the Spaceway TID--->TPN decoder matrices that apply to all other markets which have some or all of their locals on the SWs are not valid for the PR market?

#390 OFFLINE   doctor j

doctor j

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:27 AM

Do you mean the Spaceway TID--->TPN decoder matrices that apply to all other markets which have some or all of their locals on the SWs are not valid for the PR market?

Apparently so??
Awaiting local data and "expert" review.

Doctor j

MFH-2 System : 2 Major Viewing Areas. 2 x HR20-700's & H21 in each area via E2/SWM-8. Hardwire gigabit switch to 30 mb/sec internet.

#391 ONLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,968 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:50 PM

Yes I can, also from 101W D*; 119WD* & E*; 110W E*&D*; 129 W E*; 61.5 W & 72.5W E*; guess I'm not so lucky with Ka....

As I said that's very interesting as the "assumed" "Beam PR" (GLA 02), the "N.A.+Puerto Rico" beam in the G3C specs. shows it as nowhere near South America. And another regular poster here on this thread, "egakagoc2xi," located in Colombia, S.A. says he can't receive beam PR at all there.

... I agree, but this is why the thing is confusing, the LNBF is mounted just like circular, there's no skew adjust, but there is a dielectric plate inside the feed to separate polarities, just like circular....my best educated guess once again is that they're beaming one FSS polarity and therefore no need to adjust skew....

Oh the DIRECTV LA LNB is definitely for circularly polarized reception. Just like this Eagle-Aspen one for example on the satpro.tv website;

Posted Image

Detailed Description
The DTVGD Eagle Aspen LNB is a Ku-LNBF BSS Circular Dual Output LNB W/D Fitting and a 31mm neck. These LNBs is high gain, low noise and resistance of shock. 501480

This is the LNB for Latin America Galaxy Dual Output

Main Features for the DTVGD LNB

For DIRECTV Latin America
Dual Output
Frequency Band: Ku Band
Input Frequency: 11.45 GHz Low Band - 12.20 GHz High Band
Output Frequency: 950 MHz Low Band - 1.70 GHz High Band
Noise Figure: 1 dB
Local Oscillator Frequency: 10.50 GHz ±2 MHz Stability
Cross-Polar Isolation: 18 dB
VSWR: 2.5:1
Polarization: Circular
Gain: 50 dB to 62 dB
Interfaces: 1 x F-type 75 Ohm
Input Current: 120 mA
Temperature: -31°F (-35°C) to 125.6°F (52°C) Operating
Additional Information: Throat Size: 31 mm 1 dB Compression Point: 0 dBm Third Order Intermodulation: -50 dBc (min.) Image Rejection: 40 dB Gain Variation:, ± 0.5 dB (max.)/24 MHz Less then 7.5.5 dB (max.)/750 MHz, Polarization Selection:, RHCP 10.5 - 14.0 VDC LHCP 15.0 - 21 VDC,
Eagle Aspen LNB 501480

... This is the thing, in the ird when it sends 18 VDC the even transponders should be active, and in deed they do.....but also some odd have signal?

You can't have both even and odd channel outputs on the same coax run at the same time in any way, as they would mutually interfere with one another.

... This is why my best guess is that they have partitions and of course they can manipulate the software as needed....this on other transponders not only from the PR ones....

What "partitions" would those be?

You mean like logical partitions on the HDD of a DVR?

DIRECTV stores their receiver OS software for both DVRs and STB receivers into semiconductor flash memory, not on the HDD which is only used for recorded program storage and live buffering. Thus receiver software upgrades here are frequently referred to as "firmware" updates.

... So they're offering (Right Now) 47 HD channels if they're not @ 110W they should be beaming out of 99W Ka?

PR's new program channels are currently emanating from SW1, 2 for MPEG-4 HD and SD programming and D5 (Tempo 1) for MPEG-2 SD programs at 103w, 99w, and 110w respectively according to the TPN maps.

#392 ONLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,968 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:56 PM

So how and to what technical details you can add did your day+1 delayed installation go? :)

#393 ONLINE   Gary Toma

Gary Toma

UNIX

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:53 PM

The TPN Map tab "LIL Market List" has been updated to properly identify those 55 DMAs which now have 100% MPEG4 service.

#394 ONLINE   Gary Toma

Gary Toma

UNIX

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:45 AM

So how and to what technical details you can add did your day+1 delayed installation go? :)

First feedback from Luis in Puerto Rico:

His "Migration" package is:

- a brand new Slimline 3 Dish
- HR24 replace of the LHR22

I am hoping Luis will have time to post details here soon!

#395 ONLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,968 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:47 AM

First feedback from Luis in Puerto Rico:

His "Migration" package is:

- a brand new Slimline 3 Dish
- HR24 replace of the LHR22

I am hoping Luis will have time to post details here soon!

A standard 32.5" x 22.5" Slimline 3?

Humm ...

Makes sense of course for receiving the Ka band Spaceways, but I didn't know the satellite signals from Ku 101w were sufficiently strong on the isle of PR for a standard size DIRECTV USA dish.

And I wonder how the Puerto Rican SD channels on D5 at 110w fit into the picture with only a SL-3?

#396 OFFLINE   Luispr14

Luispr14

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:46 PM

Well guys I have the new equipment installed yesterday and the difference in the quality of the channels in HD is far better than I expected. I've got two brand new HR-24/200 HD DVRs plus an H-25 HD reciever with a Slimline 5S (SWM) dish and the satellites are:110,99,103,and soon coverage from two more sats(that's what the installer told me). No longer have to use a 1000 channel to get HD. In the coming months more channels should be added and I'll be here to give the info to all of you. Also the guide is showing 4 brand new HD channels for the Sunday Ticket,before it was only one, so more info tomorrow. Have a great day guys!!!

#397 ONLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,968 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:34 PM

Well guys I have the new equipment installed yesterday and the difference in the quality of the channels in HD is far better than I expected. I've got two brand new HR-24/200 HD DVRs plus an H-25 HD reciever with a Slimline 5S (SWM) dish and the satellites are:110,99,103,and soon coverage from two more sats(that's what the installer told me). No longer have to use a 1000 channel to get HD. In the coming months more channels should be added and I'll be here to give the info to all of you. Also the guide is showing 4 brand new HD channels for the Sunday Ticket,before it was only one, so more info tomorrow. Have a great day guys!!!

Yep; :)

That's what I thought, a SlimLine-5 to cover 110w instead of an SL-3. Making sense now.
Look forward to hearing more information tomorrow.

Congrats on your successful install.

#398 OFFLINE   doctor j

doctor j

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:50 PM

I was expecting an SL-5 all along. They had to have 110 and may well need 119 also.

Doctor j

#399 OFFLINE   Luispr14

Luispr14

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:04 AM

Here we go:

110 Active numbers 8,10 and 12 between 85-90 strength of signal; the rest n/a(3 total)
99 Active 1 thru 6 between 95-99 signal and 15 thru 24 0 strength of signal the rest n/a(16 total)
103 Active 1 thru 4 between 97-100 and 15 thru 24 0 strength the rest n/a(16 total)
SWM Active 1 thru 9 86-87 signal in 1,3,and 6; 0 in the rest(2.4,5,7.8, and 9) the rest n/a(9 total)

#400 ONLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,968 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:38 AM

Here we go:

110 Active numbers 8,10 and 12 between 85-90 strength of signal; the rest n/a(3 total)
99 Active 1 thru 6 between 95-99 signal and 15 thru 24 0 strength of signal the rest n/a(16 total)
103 Active 1 thru 4 between 97-100 and 15 thru 24 0 strength the rest n/a(16 total)
SWM Active 1 thru 9 86-87 signal in 1,3,and 6; 0 in the rest(2.4,5,7.8, and 9) the rest n/a(9 total)

Does the signal strength screen for the numbers you quote here just read "99" and "103" that way or "99(s)" and "103(s)?"

And do you have Whole Home DVR service activated there? Assuming the service is available there yet. Or do they maybe call it "Nexus" there?

spam firewall