Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Transponder Maps: Domestic, LatinAm and SkyMex New Data 12/19/2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
417 replies to this topic

#101 OFFLINE   cypherx

cypherx

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,733 posts
  • LocationPA - Berks County

Posted 01 September 2012 - 07:41 PM

These TIDs/tpns seems to me temporary doesn't have 7th in a middle of typical range or more - check it by VPID values (for 147 - 1060 missed, for 156 - 1010 and for 157 - 1010/1020/1030 ).

Do you check what modulation/FEC on these ?

Your right, that is strange but there is no 1060 on either of those and 1010 is missing on TID 156. Unless they are reserved for future use?

I just sorted through the spreadsheet again.

LyngSat has 30000-2/3 for tp 15 and 30000-3/4 for tp 23 and 24. Not sure how accurate that is. If its a spot beam transponder could it have different modulations in different areas?
Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

- > Link to my setup thread< -

My  DirecTV HD WISHLIST:  NickJR, Nicktoons, Revolt.TV, FXM, We, Oxygen, The Hub, Fuse, GSN, Sprout, GAC, Esquire, MTV2, BBC World News, Ovation, Reelz , Sundance, Up, Music Choice Play HD (formerly SWRV), Al Jazeera America, Military Channel, NASA

My DirecTV SD WISHLIST: MTV Hits, MTV Jams, Music Choice, Youtoo TV

---
HR24-200
H24-200

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#102 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,727 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 01 September 2012 - 07:51 PM

Your right, that is strange but there is no 1060 on either of those and 1010 is missing on TID 156. Unless they are reserved for future use?

I just sorted through the spreadsheet again.

LyngSat has 30000-2/3 for tp 15 and 30000-3/4 for tp 23 and 24. Not sure how accurate that is. If its a spot beam transponder could it have different modulations in different areas?

Yes, that's why I'm asking ...

#103 OFFLINE   cypherx

cypherx

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,733 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:19 PM

Ok, I don't have a dvb-s2 pc card or anything, so unless you know a serial command to send to an HR24 over IP to get that info, I really can't help ya.

I'm not sure why they skipped a VPID of 1060 and went to 1070. 1060 reserved for future use? DirecTV goofed and made a typo? Some things I guess we won't know.

My  DirecTV HD WISHLIST:  NickJR, Nicktoons, Revolt.TV, FXM, We, Oxygen, The Hub, Fuse, GSN, Sprout, GAC, Esquire, MTV2, BBC World News, Ovation, Reelz , Sundance, Up, Music Choice Play HD (formerly SWRV), Al Jazeera America, Military Channel, NASA

---
HR24-200
H24-200

#104 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,727 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:31 PM

They can't goof such critical assignment.
I would treat it as the assignment is predetermine and we don't see other channels yet or they are testing it hidden or because system tables constantly changing and we didn't catch the info.

There is a program "DTV control" by Kevin Timmerman; you can send your own inquiry about currently viewing channel (regardless if it subbed or not) - best way it working for ALL channels without smart card. Or I can give you other one. But you'll need USB-Serial dongle or you could write your own SW using TCP/IP stack.

#105 OFFLINE   Gary Toma

Gary Toma

UNIX

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 1,835 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:41 PM

Attached is an Excel stroke sheet of the HD LIL Channels by

Satellite
....Virtual TPN
........TID (Physical TPN)
..............VPID's Utilized

Examples:
TPN 21, TID 188 (line 77) clearly shows the 9 channel utilization
TPN 21, TID 164 (line 75) shows only 6 channel utilization but with lots of mirroring

Should answer your questions about use of VPID 1060. I was surprised to see SW1 and SW2 also very much involved in this initiative.

We should have picked up on this sooner, folks. Thanks again to 'Go Beavs' for rattling the chains....

Edited by gct, 01 September 2012 - 09:27 PM.

#106 OFFLINE   cypherx

cypherx

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,733 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 09:04 PM

Really nice job GCT. That's some major Excel mastery right there.

Interesting to see the overall usage.

---
HR24-200
H24-200

#107 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,727 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 02 September 2012 - 02:07 AM

If we could add into this nice stroke sheet to each tp/tid its modulation and FEC value .... :)

#108 ONLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,923 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA.

Posted 02 September 2012 - 05:32 AM

Really nice job GCT. That's some major Excel mastery right there.

Interesting to see the overall usage.

+1

Be advised though as with simply counting the "shaded" entires in the formal TPN map, any MPEG-4 SD local channels on a transponder can throw off the actual "HD" channel count for a given TID.

For instance here in the LA market TIDs 142 and 144 show an HD channel count of 6 and 4 respectfully, when its actually 5 and 3 since KLCS-DT2 58 and KVCR-DT2 24-2 are MPEG-4 SD LiLs.

#109 OFFLINE   Go Beavs

Go Beavs

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR DMA

Posted 02 September 2012 - 08:09 AM

PQ not withstanding, the reduced FEC may increase your rain fade.

I've never experienced much rain fade in the past, maybe a little snow fade. Of course, it's summer now and we don't get much for stormy weather here until Oct/Nov.

It'll be interesting to see how it holds up this winter. The signals have been very solid in the past.

Genie, Hx2x, nomad
D* customer since Oct '99

#110 OFFLINE   Gary Toma

Gary Toma

UNIX

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 1,835 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:47 PM

+1

Be advised though as with simply counting the "shaded" entires in the formal TPN map, any MPEG-4 SD local channels on a transponder can throw off the actual "HD" channel count for a given TID.

A most valid caution, HoTat2. While we can tell you which channels are MPEG4, we cannot tell you the content they are carrying.

Going forward, this will be more and more of a problem as SD channels migrate from MPEG2 to MPEG4.

#111 OFFLINE   Gary Toma

Gary Toma

UNIX

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 1,835 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:13 PM

The attached one-page Excel of Directv LIL Networks/Markets/DMAs has been updated with the new 2013 DMA Rankings.

This page will be incorporated in the normal weekly TPN Map Excel.

There are some nice winners - and losers - in these constantly changing demographics.

EDIT: 9/5/12 Removed the one-page Excel attachment from this post. The most current update of this information is a 'tab' in the TPN MAP Excel which is updated at least once a week. Please use that more current data!

Edited by gct, 05 September 2012 - 06:57 PM.

#112 OFFLINE   hidefman

hidefman

Legend

• Registered
  • 160 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:32 AM

I am hoping someone can double check network 602-Huntsville, AL. LiL is listed at 103s, SW1. Three of five stations on Transponder 1 and the other two stations on Transponder 3. I receive the A-3 locals with excellent picture, but my signal strength on transponder 1 and 3 is nowhere near quality signal... less than 70 on TPN 1 and less than 40 on TPN 3 (with that I shouldn't be getting a picture). I have 90 to 99 on all conus on all birds, and I have done tweaking myself on the dish, so I am pretty sure I have it tweaked out. I think they must be on a different transponders than what is listed in August 2012 update.

It's only important because it is tailgate season and as I go to games I use the LiL transponder to really zero in for my dish alignment. That helps me maximize my local signal...and then I know I have my conus signals. Can someone recheck Network 602 - Huntsville, AL for LiL bird and transponder? I know the spreadsheet says 103s SW1 transponder 1 and 3, but I think it might actually be other transponders. In 2009 when Network 602 first came up the LiL was on 99S transponders 3 and 5. So, maybe they switched or not?... not sure

Thanks in advance.

Edited by hidefman, 05 September 2012 - 10:51 AM.

5 LNB AU9 Slimline, SWM16, 1 - HR34, 2 - HR21-700, 2 - HR20-700, 1 - HR20-100, 1 H21, Networked cat 5, CE.

#113 OFFLINE   Gary Toma

Gary Toma

UNIX

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 1,835 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:56 PM

I am hoping someone can double check network 602-Huntsville, AL. LiL is listed at 103s, SW1. Three of five stations on Transponder 1 and the other two stations on Transponder 3.

Just checked back to September, 2011 - none of your HD Sat or TPN assignments have changed since then.

That could of course, prove that we are efficiently and consistently wrong.

But I am bothered that "... I receive an excellent picture, but the signal strength is very low." From my experience, a signal strength of 70 should be a terrible picture and a signal strength of 40 should be no valid signal at all.

Before we all spend time and get flat foreheads trying to make sense of this, could you please check with other folks in your DMA just to see what signal strengths that their receivers display?

#114 OFFLINE   hidefman

hidefman

Legend

• Registered
  • 160 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:23 PM

Just checked back to September, 2011 - none of your HD Sat or TPN assignments have changed since then.

But I am bothered that "... I receive an excellent picture, but the signal strength is very low." From my experience, a signal strength of 70 should be a terrible picture and a signal strength of 40 should be no valid signal at all.

Before we all spend time and get flat foreheads trying to make sense of this, could you please check with other folks in your DMA just to see what signal strengths that their receivers display?

Absolutely. Thanks gct. Good advice. I will double check my own signal strength when I get home tonight to make sure I didn't look during those thunderstorms we had this past weekend.

And I will be glad to check with others in the DMA... oh wait... I don't know any others.

Anyone in north Alabama on DirecTV please check signal strength on 103S transponders 1 and 3, and let us know the signal strength numbers you get.
Thanks.
5 LNB AU9 Slimline, SWM16, 1 - HR34, 2 - HR21-700, 2 - HR20-700, 1 - HR20-100, 1 H21, Networked cat 5, CE.

#115 OFFLINE   Gary Toma

Gary Toma

UNIX

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 1,835 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:34 PM

NEW HD CONUS CHANNELS IN *TEST
None|No New HD CONUS Channels In *TEST

NEW HD CONUS CHANNELS ACTIVE
None|No New HD CONUS Channels Active

NEW HD-MARKET ACTIVITY
None|No New HD LIL MARKETS In *TEST

NEW LIL CHANNELS IN *TEST
NET|NAME|CHL|NOTES0|NOTES1
678|*KCWX|2|HD A3 San Antonio 02 KCWX MNT|MNT services from KCWXDT-TV, 02, San Antonio, TX

NEW LIL CHANNELS ACTIVE
560|WTVA|10|SD Columbus-West Tu WTVA 10 ABC|ABC services from WTVA-TV, 10, Tupelo, MS
560|WTVA|10|HD A3 Columbus-Tupelo 10 WTVA ABC|ABC services from WTVADT-TV, 10, Columbus-West Tupelo, MS
656|WIYE|47|HD A3 Parkersburg 47 WIYE CBS|CBS services from WIYEDT-TV, 47, Parkersburg, WV
656|WOVA|22|HD A3 Parkersburg 22 WOVA FOX|FOX services from WOVADT-TV, 22, Parkersburg, WV
658|WACP|4|HD A3 Philadelphia 04 WACP IND|Independent services from WACPDT-TV, 04, Philadelphia, PA
658|WACP|4|SD Philadelphia WACP 04 IND|Independent services from WACP-TV, 04, Philadelphia, PA
659|KMOH|6|HD A3 Phoenix 06 KMOH MFX|Independent services from KMOHDT-TV, 06, Phoenix, AZ
693|KNLC|24|HD A3 Saint Louis 24 KNLC IND|Independent services from KNLCDT-TV, 24, Saint Louis, MO

LIL CHANNELS REMOVED
560|WKDH|45|HD A3 Columbus-Tupelo 45 WKDH ABC|For ABC programming tune to Ch 10
580|WTPH|14|SD Ft. Myers-Naples WTPH 14 AZA|For AZA programming tune to Ch 16
656|WBNS|10|HD A3 Parkersburg 10 WBNS CBS Virt|CBS services from WBNSDT-TV, 10, Columbus, OH
656|FOX|16|HD A3 Parkersburg 16 WTAP FOX|FOX services from WTAPDT-TV, 16, Parkersburg, WV

Keys in the TPN Map:
Channels in the TPN Map whose Names begin with an asterisk (*) are in TEST status
Channels shaded in blue are MPEG4. All HD channels are MPEG4, but SD channels can also be in MPEG4
Complete information including Satellite and TPN assignment is detailed in the ‘LIL’ tab of the TPN MAP Excel

Edited by gct, 05 September 2012 - 04:41 PM.

#116 OFFLINE   cypherx

cypherx

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,733 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:32 PM

Wow that WACP 4 in Philly is nothing but a waste of space infomercial channel. With such great programming like "Superfood Juicer!", "Over 55 with joint pain?", "Insanity Workout!", "Best Vacuum Ever!", and "Brazil Butt Lift", my excitement can't even be contained. :rolleyes:

---
HR24-200
H24-200

#117 OFFLINE   Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon

Chancellor

• Registered
  • 8,661 posts
  • LocationDawson, Georgia

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:15 PM

I hate to say it, but reading his post, my first thought was how we never did figure out what the deal with this was... :confused:

~Alan

#118 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,727 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:17 PM

Wow that WACP 4 in Philly is nothing but a waste of space infomercial channel. With such great programming like "Superfood Juicer!", "Over 55 with joint pain?", "Insanity Workout!", "Best Vacuum Ever!", and "Brazil Butt Lift", my excitement can't even be contained. :rolleyes:

Your excitement must be doubled :D - there're SD and HD channels !

#119 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,727 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:21 PM

I hate to say it, but reading his post, my first thought was how we never did figure out what the deal with this was... :confused:

~Alan

Any chance to post all 99/103 signals' screens ?

#120 OFFLINE   Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon

Chancellor

• Registered
  • 8,661 posts
  • LocationDawson, Georgia

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:37 PM

Any chance to post all 99/103 signals' screens ?

My locals have since switched transponders, so I'm not sure there's any reason to anymore.

They are on SW1 TPN #1 and PBS from D10/D12 TPN #18. I usually get a signal in the 90s from the main one (88% now due to cloudiness) and slightly lower signal numbers from TPN #18. Not the highest spot-beam numbers on the signal strenth page, but most likely correct.

However, I NEVER got a signal listed from SW1 TPN #5 for as long as they were there... heck, I still don't have a signal from that particular spot beam.

~Alan

spam firewall