Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Upgraded Remote -first time using an RF remote

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   markman07

markman07

Godfather

• Registered
  • 376 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:30 PM

I've been using a harmony 780 remote for a long time with my setup. Because of the 780 only supporting IR I have therefore never used RF when setting things up. Move to today - I just purchased a new Harmony 900. I have two hr24-500 in my primary room and I want to setup my new Harmony 900 to use RF. I guess my simple question is do I need to reconfigure the Hr24's using the Directv remote to RF and then go on with configuring the harmony remotes or can I just start configuring the Harmony?

Thanks

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   mdavej

mdavej

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:24 PM

You must leave the HRs in IR mode. Put blasters on each. Change one to address 2 and confirm IR on the 2nd HR device on your Harmony. You must also enable RF in the 900 for each. No remote except the DirecTV remote and the One-For-All Xsight Touch can control an HR in RF mode directly.

#3 OFFLINE   SDizzle

SDizzle

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,523 posts
  • LocationRoseville, CA

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:27 PM

The 900 uses RF when accompanied by a Logitech RF extender. If you want the 900 to control the HDDVRs, then you must set them to IR.
HR34-700 (1), HR23-700 (1), HR22-100 (1), HR20-700 (1), HR21-700 (1), HR21-100 (1)
Running a SWM16 with DECA
Retired: HR20-700 (1), HR10-250 (1), R10 (1), DTivo DSR-704 (1), D-10 (4), D-11 (4), R15-500 (4)

Protected By... spam firewall...And...