Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Welcome pack question

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   TheSpider

TheSpider

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:40 PM

what are the knew chanels in the wellcome pack now that amc and we have been raymoved ?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,287 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:18 PM

Using Google Search: http://www.mydish.co...elcomepack.aspx

#3 OFFLINE   garys

garys

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,151 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:31 PM

I don't believe any of the AMC channels were in the Welcome Pack, these are the channels in it now:

TBS; CMT; Idea; QVC; History; Comedy Central; In Country Television; Russia Today;
HGTV; C-SPAN; Inspiration; Sale; Alma Vision Hispanic Network; Daystar; Jewelry Television; Shop; America Live; DISH Earth; KBS World; ShopNBC; BabyFirstTV; DISH Network FYI; Kids & Teens Television; SonLife Broadcasting Network;
Best; DishHOME; LinkTV; TBN; Bloomberg Television; Eternal Word Television Network; LQ CH; The Hub; Boomerang; Food Network; Mall; The Impact Network; Buy!; Free Speech TV; msnbc; Three Angels Broadcasting Network; BYUTV; Gems Shopping Network; MTV2; TLC; CCTV-9; Hallmark Channel; NASA; TV Guide Network; CCTV-E; HITN; Oxygen; V-ME; Christian Television Network; Home Shopping Network (HSN); Pentagon Channel; Weather Channel; Classic Arts; Showcase; HSN 2 and PRAYER.

#4 OFFLINE   jscudder

jscudder

Legend

• Registered
  • 116 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 04:40 AM

If a subscriber has an HD receiver, can they still receive their locals in HD with the Welcome Pack?

#5 OFFLINE   garys

garys

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,151 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:50 AM

Yes, as long as they are pointed to the sat carrying them. Some people set up the wrong Dish since they may not need all of the sats.

#6 OFFLINE   MCHuf

MCHuf

Legend

• Registered
  • 147 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:36 AM

I don't believe any of the AMC channels were in the Welcome Pack, these are the channels in it now:

TBS; CMT; Idea; QVC; History; Comedy Central; In Country Television; Russia Today;
HGTV; C-SPAN; Inspiration; Sale; Alma Vision Hispanic Network; Daystar; Jewelry Television; Shop; America Live; DISH Earth; KBS World; ShopNBC; BabyFirstTV; DISH Network FYI; Kids & Teens Television; SonLife Broadcasting Network;
Best; DishHOME; LinkTV; TBN; Bloomberg Television; Eternal Word Television Network; LQ CH; The Hub; Boomerang; Food Network; Mall; The Impact Network; Buy!; Free Speech TV; msnbc; Three Angels Broadcasting Network; BYUTV; Gems Shopping Network; MTV2; TLC; CCTV-9; Hallmark Channel; NASA; TV Guide Network; CCTV-E; HITN; Oxygen; V-ME; Christian Television Network; Home Shopping Network (HSN); Pentagon Channel; Weather Channel; Classic Arts; Showcase; HSN 2 and PRAYER.

Hmm, then Dish didn't replace anything. Because both AMC and WE were in the Welcome Package before AMC Networks were pulled.

#7 OFFLINE   sliderbob

sliderbob

Legend

• Registered
  • 193 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:50 AM

Actually AMC and WE were in the Welcome Pack-I had it for a long time, until I 'upgraded' to Dish Family.

#8 OFFLINE   retiredTech

retiredTech

Icon

• Registered
  • 654 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 12:45 PM

AMC & WE were in the welcome pack

HDNMV(130) is the sub for AMC & Style(128) is the sub for WE.

and for now AXS(131) is on, this might just a preview or may stay on

#9 OFFLINE   TheSpider

TheSpider

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:10 PM

maby style and hdnmv will stay up and arenot just temporarey. i was thanking lifetime mite make a god replaysment for we. i donot have this lineup but thank it wood be god for dish to offer more small packs for them people with lower income levals. i do have an intrest in the pack dough as i need to be saveing money. can bmp , epix, or packs like that be aded to wellcome pack?

#10 OFFLINE   sliderbob

sliderbob

Legend

• Registered
  • 193 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 04:49 PM

maby style and hdnmv will stay up and arenot just temporarey. i was thanking lifetime mite make a god replaysment for we. i donot have this lineup but thank it wood be god for dish to offer more small packs for them people with lower income levals. i do have an intrest in the pack dough as i need to be saveing money. can bmp , epix, or packs like that be aded to wellcome pack?

Epix $7 package cannot be added, unless you have the AT120 or above. Blockbuster, containing Epix 1 2 and 3 and a BUNCH of other movies channels, cannot be added unless you have Dish Family or above. Encore $5 pack CAN be added to any package, including Welcome Pack.

spam firewall