Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

NHL 2012-2013 Thread / NHL Center Ice / All NHL topics

• Please log in to reply
601 replies to this topic

#181 OFFLINE   djnaldo

djnaldo

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:28 PM

They seemed to be making progress without Fehr or Bettmen being involved. Then the players insist on bringing Fehr back in and it all blows up. Coincidence? I think not.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#182 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:52 PM

its been a very long time but finally, we might have a deal.

NHL proposed a 300 page deal over the weekend, conceded to 3 areas on some issues in favor of players, PA countered with 22 pages which is great, means the agree on most issues. so the final items to get worked out I hope gets resolved, and below it might be happening. Both sides meeting tonight. Both parties were working last night and up working all day today.

Patrick caisee covering the story, just got word from someone on the NHL PA side

Patrick Caisse‏@PatrickCaisse

An NHLPA member just told me that he expects an agreement in principle "sooner than later". #Lockout #NHL

lets keep our fingers crossed

if all goes well

im hearing deal would have to be reached by jan 11 camp opens jan 12 season starts jan 19 a 48 game schedule, the finals would go into late JUNE.

deal would be for 10 years with an opt out after 8

so we be guaranteed 8 years of hockey.

I know I haven't been on lately, but we are finally very very close.

Directv Premier Sport Packages  NFL ST, MLB EI, NHL CI, NBA LP,

Comcast Triple Play TV ( cheapest tv package for CSN Philly and TCN)

#183 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,390 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:53 PM

Meeting tonight at 9pm eastern. Both sides feeling the pressure. Finally.

#184 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:26 PM

Meeting tonight at 9pm eastern. Both sides feeling the pressure. Finally.

meetings have ended, NHL has countered, but with a big

COMPREHENSIVE DOCUMENT about 427 pages.

they will use the night and both will regroup tomorrow.

this is very good. Please note tomorrow the disclaimer must be filed by midnight if the union is to dissolve. I don't think that will happen based of these last few days. however if the train falls off, and even if they don't make the file deadline to dissolve, they can always have another 5 day player vote and redo the process that's if everything falls apart.

but were very close, and as TRH said, finally. between now and next Friday jan 11 its going to be very intense. but make no mistake

jan 11 is the deadline or the season will be cancelled, which means both sides will use COURT which is the last option

#185 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:07 PM

things are progressing well.

here is an update

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger

PA hotel is buzzing in anticipation. Down to minimal issues...but, still not done. And definition of "minimal" may differ

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger

Issues still include cap in 13\14, max contract and variance. So, "minimal" may not be best word unless significant movement from both.

Scott beckenbaugh the mediator has done a nice job saving another meltdown on Thursday. He began doing shuttle meetings, where he would go back and forth (3blocks apart) from NHL n NHL pa buildings. He was able to bridge the gap and both sides have agreed to make conessions. Below are the 4 issues left from reaching a deal.

Pensions / year 2 cap season 13/14 / Varriance / Term

Pensions are now complete they have agreed

year 2 cap PA has come down from 70 to 65 then to 63 - the NHL finally and its the 1 thing they haven't moved off of during this whole 4 month battle. The finally came up from 60 to 63-64 million if the PA agrees to something the NHL wants. Which would be contract term of CBA.

Varriance NHL is at 10% came up from 5% originally PA was at 25% then dropped to 15 %. so entering the day NHL was at 10% PA 15% so not sure what the final number, but the mediator probably was able to get an agreement with that, my guess they met in the middle, will just have to wait and see what the number is or NHL came up to 15 and probably say ok you have to agree to something we want.

Term NHL wants 10 yr / 8 opt PA wants 10/ 7 opt out or 7 flat

So as said the NHL came up on year 2 cap, with belief that's agreed upon the PA coming up with term of the CBA to 8 years. however not sure but Fehr wants minimum salary's of 800,000 in year 7 and 8 and not sure if he got that from NHL or agreed to the 8 years al together since the NHL came up on year 2 cap, will have to see.

BOTTOM LINE scot beckenbaugh did a nice job saving the NHL from disaster and may have finally gotten these 2 sides to agree on a deal.

the other thing is the PA at 6pm is expected to vote to give Fehr authorization to file a disclaimer of interest if everything derails and falls apart. At this point I don't think they will do that, but until there is a signed deal and ratified you have all options open.

Lastly I realize this is a long note this was just posted by former player Brett Hedican

Lets hope its real. but as said lets not pop the cork yet, lets wait for the lawyer and vote and player rafitication of this deal.

here is what brett just tweeted.

Bret HedicanVerified‏@BretHedican

Nothing official yet that I've heard, but several sources have said it's done. Let's hope this is Official!

https://twitter.com/...659373680029696

Sorry for the long post but that Is where we stand with the NHL, I'll update as we go along, as of now both sides still meeting.

Edited by la24philly, 05 January 2013 - 05:12 PM.

#186 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:24 PM

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice
It sounds like players have agreed to 10-year CBA with mutual out after Year 8. Were previously looking for the out after Year 7.

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
Someone who I feel has "sense" of where things are just told me: "There's a bit of frenzy going on now that may not be entirely justified."

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
Person wasn't being negative, just noting there seems to be a runaway train of optimism that may be a little excessive. Food for thought.

ok, just as I thought the PA finally agreed to come up to 10 yr / 8 opt out.

looks like 1 reporter, still has a bad sense, and rightfully so. These 2 sides still hate each other. The mediator is the guy who kept this ship sailing.

But based off of everyone tweets, I would say a tentative agreement will be reached in 24 hrs.

#187 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• Registered
  • 8,356 posts
  • LocationGalactic Empire

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:35 PM

You said that almost a week ago.

Wake me when they really DO resolve this mess.

FAITH: I find the lack of it disturbing.

Opinions are my own but should be those of all Americans, who would be much better off intellectually, psychologically, and emotionally if that were the case.

#188 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,801 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:37 PM

Thanks for the updates, its looking good, hopefully we will have hockey this season after all.

#189 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• Registered
  • 8,356 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:40 PM

I hope so. I miss my Blackhawks.

Opinions are my own but should be those of all Americans, who would be much better off intellectually, psychologically, and emotionally if that were the case.

#190 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:41 PM

early reports saying, both sides are still meeting and planning to into late sat night, will keep posted.

But 3 people have tweeted, saying the deal is done, tonight the lawyers are putting all of this on paper and getting the language set for court.

Both sides the NHL and PA are preparing to highlight what's in the deal so both sides know's what to expect when they vote.

Either tonight or tomorrow I would expect to hear both sides have announced a tentative agreement, Monday / Tuesday probably would be used to have the NHL / owners vote and sign off on it and also the NHL PA and the players would have to vote / ratify the deal. Depending on how fast they do that, once both sides officially agree and its sealed and set and filed in court.

I would say then Bettman will announce the End of the lockout. he will probably go over details then.

its going to take time, to get all the players back playing overseas. Also a schedule will have to be made. Logistics, planning, etc.

this will be a 48 game reg season schedule East will play east teams only and west will play west only.

As far as NHL center ice and GCL pricing that will be announced once the lockout is officially ended and once the new schedule is released.

If I had to guess a price I would say around between 100-130 for the season that's just my guess, they won't give NHL CI for free. I'm just trying to guess what the price usually is in January.

feel free to guess and share your thoughts.

#191 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:43 PM

You said that almost a week ago.

Wake me when they really DO resolve this mess.

I did, they made progress then but didn't agree on the 4 remaining issues left, which almost meant in derailment.

However they have met for over a week straight and now have agreed on a lot of issues they haven't when I posted last Monday.

This deal is going to be finished and the lockout is going to end this week.

#192 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:45 PM

Thanks for the updates, its looking good, hopefully we will have hockey this season after all.

me to, I know we stated this before and said there close and it falls apart, and so forth, but finally I'm able to say were close, and I know both sides have agreed on the reaming issues. I hope the usual derail of it doesn't happen again, but I don't see it happening this time with both sides making agreements on issues that started the lockout.

This lockout ends this week.

#193 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• Registered
  • 8,356 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:47 PM

I hope so!

#194 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:54 PM

I hope so!

what, hope is a 4 letter word. Lord where is the aggressive dominating vader that I know, the one who brought boots to asses to those apartment Aholes who tried to remove your dish.

Bring your Blackhawk energy and show it off.

cPpHHjSYZyk

#195 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• Registered
  • 8,356 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:55 PM

:D

#196 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:58 PM

:D

there she is welcome back, I should have posted this weeks ago but here is the fight between

bettman and fehr

gary is the chicken in this clip

W4WGQmWcrbs

#197 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• Registered
  • 8,356 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:01 PM

Both of them are idiots. I hope Bettman is out after this season.

#198 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:23 PM

its after 6pm no word yet, but player voting has ended 51% needed to give D Fehr the authorization to file a disclaimer of interest if all things fall apart. Personally I don't think they will do that or I don't think it will be needed since sides have made progress. However its like playing cards, you want to have an ace up your sleeve if needed.

The mediator who since last Thursday has done a great job, in almost 2 weeks he basically has a deal just about complete, and has gotten both sides to make conessions and from reports today all issues have been resolved.

Bettman has stated if no deal by jan 11 season is cancelled, he plans to announce that on thurs jan 10 if no deal is reached. At this point I doubt this will happen since both sides are about to reach a deal.

So this week is judgement week. Will no one way or another if we will have hockey or not.

to me this has been a very long game of ping pong, I just hope the idiots put there ego's aside, follow the mediator and vote and sign off on the deal.

In the end the MVP will be scot beckenbaugh for once again like he did in 04-05 gets another CBA deal complete for NHL.

#199 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:48 PM

new tweets and updates

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun

Told that NHL finally moved off $60 M year 2 cap, however, still not enough for players..

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun

Players willing to keep cap floor at $44 M for Year 2 cap even with higher upper limit

ok this is good, as mentioned before but now we got confirmation the NHL finally has moved up from 60m, the players still want them to come up more. Not sure what they came up to, but orgianlly players wanted 70m then came down to 65m then 63.

both sides are still meeting and reports say this will go on thru late sat night, would be surprised if they go past midnight.

Fehr looks like he is still trying to get more out of the NHL, he basically I think is fighting for every dollar he can get for his players.

#200 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• Registered
  • 8,356 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:51 PM

Millionaires fighting with multi-millionaires. Pathetic.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...