Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

NHL 2012-2013 Thread / NHL Center Ice / All NHL topics

• Please log in to reply
601 replies to this topic

#221 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:02 PM

Again, thanks for keeping us all up to date on this.

I'm glad to see hockey back! :D

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#222 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,285 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:19 PM

I'm not to interested in most of the details. I just want them back on the ice.

I suspect realignment wasn't an issue (it hasn't been part of any CBA in the past), so I'm wondering how long before the league comes up with one.

I hope it goes into effect next season -- Winnipeg in the SE needs to be changed. Still hoping Detroit will move 'east', but not sure if it will based on the previous realignment and comments from the league.

#223 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:34 PM

I'm not to interested in most of the details. I just want them back on the ice.

I suspect realignment wasn't an issue (it hasn't been part of any CBA in the past), so I'm wondering how long before the league comes up with one.

I hope it goes into effect next season -- Winnipeg in the SE needs to be changed. Still hoping Detroit will move 'east', but not sure if it will based on the previous realignment and comments from the league.

not official, but during the CBA 1 reporter heard Winnipeg and Columbus will swap

Directv Premier Sport Packages  NFL ST, MLB EI, NHL CI, NBA LP,

Comcast Triple Play TV ( cheapest tv package for CSN Philly and TCN)

#224 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,285 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:47 PM

not official, but during the CBA 1 reporter heard Winnipeg and Columbus will swap

trying to ruin my day? ;)

#225 OFFLINE   loudo

loudo

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,465 posts
  • LocationCentral Maine

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:50 PM

Looks like January 15th is the day they will start back up. Here is the schedule from the NHL web site.
http://www.nhl.com/i...id=nav-sch-main

H44-200 - Samsung 1080p 46" LED - HDMI
C41-100 - Samsunbg 32" LED - HDMI
C41-100 - Mitsubishi 1080p 57" DLP - HDMI - Pioneer Home Theater Sound

LG 20 LCD" & Viewsonic 17" HDTV LCD - Component via Cat 6 baluns from HR44-200
Slimline w/ SWM3 LNB. OTA master antenna system to all sets.

#226 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,285 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:01 PM

That was the original 2012-13 schedule. I'm not sure that schedule is going to be the one used for the shortened season.

NEW YORK (December 20, 2012) -- The National Hockey League announced today the cancellation of the 2012-13 regular-season schedule through January 14. The cancellations are necessary due to the absence of a new Collective Bargaining Agreement between the NHL Players’ Association and the NHL.

A total of 625 regular-season games – 50.8 percent of the season – were scheduled for October 11 through January 14.

#227 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:14 PM

That was the original 2012-13 schedule. I'm not sure that schedule is going to be the one used for the shortened season.

no, they will be a new season issued.

East vs East teams only West vs West teams only.

Season will start either Jan 15 for a 50 jan 19 for a 48 game schedule.

Depends how fast, they get all the players back.

Also they have to look at logisitics, and see what time buildings have openings with other events, NBA, shows, concerts, etc.

They are doing that as we speak.

Plus the owners / board of governers have to vote on the new CBA and players have to ratify. But all of that will be completed with in next few days.

#228 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:18 PM

here are some new tweets of course NHL wants to get 50 /52 in

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie

No question target is 50-game, not 48-game, season. Speculation is it would be 5 games vs 4 division rivals and 3 games vs 10 Conf rivals

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie

GMs wait to see rules on call ups on juniors but Boone Jenner likely to be at CBJ camp. Matt Dumba may be only u/a in MIN camp. Not set tho.

Tim Panaccio ‏@tpanotchCSN

Look for a 50 game sked. If they can squeeze in 52 they'd like to ...

Tim Panaccio ‏@tpanotchCSN

those asking, Bill Daly confirmed you CANT use the compliance buyouts on players who have LTIR status, such as Chris Pronger

#229 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,285 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:35 PM

Most interesting Tweet I've read so far concerning the CBA:

@HockeyUnfilterd. Now every player not on an entry level contract gets their own room on the road ... Players are excited about that.

#230 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:37 PM

Was watching CSN, they were saying in there video that all parites will be able to vote / ratify the deal by electronic vote, which would expedite the process.

Also training camps could open Thursday / Friday

right now both sides are sleeping, they worked 16 hrs straight and been sleeping around 8am, so they probably will use the night to start on the logisitics side of things.

#231 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,285 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:40 PM

Got to get a lot of players back from Europe/Russia too. Ovechkin, Malkin and Gonchar have been killing it in the KHL.

#232 OFFLINE   Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek

On the edge

• Super Moderators
  • 9,065 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:02 PM

Thanks for keeping us all up to date on the lockout la2philly.

Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, Dish Network, or any other company.
Become a DBSTalk.com member or join the CE program HERE

#233 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:08 PM

Thanks for keeping us all up to date on the lockout la2philly.

your welcome, still not over yet.

I'll be posting new info when the voting will be for the owners / board of governers.

Also when the players have to ratify the deal.

A season has to be created, logistics, etc.

There is a lot to do, plus arenas have to make sure they have enough staff hired in NHL cities as aswell as both NHL / NBA buildings.

Here are 2 new tweets, looks like some of the insighters have waken up from there long overdue sleep

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun

League now looking at Wednesday as more probable for Board of Governors, source says. Still not finalized, however

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun

NHL is proposing April 5 trade deadline regardless of start date. But NHLPA and NHL still haven't agreed on critical dates. So we'll see

As I find out more, I'll keep em coming. Were gonna talk about nuttin until nuttin's enough :lol:

#234 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:19 PM

Aaron Ward fromer NHL defenseman now reporter for TSN, who has been on this since September has put tweeted this.

Aaron Ward ‏@aaronward_nhl

Told NHLPA plan is to get CBA deal in summary form into the hands of the membership in the next 24 hrs

When Executive Board gets 'Memorandum of Understanding', they will then make decision on putting it to a full membership vote

Tim Pannachio a reporter from CSN philly, who also has been on this since September, will also have news at 7pm.

CSN Philadelphia will be airing a special 1 hr show. Tim, will be on, Al morganti will also be on. I'm sure new info is going to come out and I'll post that in here once I get it.

I realize not many on DBS have CSN philly, but I'm fortanute to have it and will post what I can. If CSN puts anything on there website of this special 1 hr show, i'll post links and video.

#235 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:27 PM

here's another, so looks like both sides got sleep and are back tonight and working this is good, speeds up process.

NHL pushing speedy process.NHLPA lawyers will be 110% sure the language that goes to paper accurately reflects what they agreed to. #TSN

so finally there getting all of this set for the lawyers, court, etc. All of us will be very happy once this deal is officially signed off on both sides, then the NHL can be open for business officially.

While they are doing that, Teams, are getting ready personal, ice, conessions, stock,

this is going to be a very busy week, from a coordinating staindpoint.

The NHL is trying to move as fast as possible to get training camp open fast, so they can try and squeeze possibly a 52 game schedule.

#236 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,285 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:49 PM

John Shannon has some very good insight. He used to in charge of programming at the NHL Network (during his reign, we had both games of HNIC, pre-, between- and post-shows).

John Shannon ‏@JSportsnet
Frame of Reference:Lock-out in '95 settled on Jan 11th...Ratified on Jan 13th...Camps opened on the 13th.

Best guess? 48 game Schedule that starts on January 19...Trade Deadline would be April 5.

Told that Critical Dates for short season is still in planning stage. All dependent on ratification and length of schedule.

And from around 6pm eastern -

Daren Millard ‏@darenmillard (Rogers Sportsnet)
Just bumped into Gary Bettman as he was leaving the office. First thing he said, "why r u still here?".

So they are/were back at it already.

As la24philly said, there is a lot to be done before the first puck is actually dropped.

#237 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:14 PM

I watched, the flyers 1 hr special was hoping for newer news, but they were just saying the same stuff that's been reported all day.

But it was a nice special, the kind of reconciled and gave an update to the flyers, roster, trades, free agents, line combinations, what to expect, who to use the 2 contract buyouts on, etc.

so was nice.

nothing real new in twitter world, but will keep em coming as they come out.

#238 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:28 PM

Would have been nice if the NHLN or NBCSN had some coverage.

#239 OFFLINE   Fog627

Fog627

Legend

• Registered
  • 148 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:34 PM

Thanks to those updating on the lockout...esp. la24philly...objective and concise updates.

I am a former Dallas Stars season ticket holder. Last week when Fox Soccer Channel was included in Choice Xtra, I changed my programming package from Choice Ultimate. The only channel that I lost that had any interest to me was NHLN. I decided that saving $6/mo. was more important than dealing with the NHL again.

I have switched my primary allegiance to my wallet and to the English Premier League.

I loved the NHL but have had enough of Bettman and greed...from both sides.

Edited by Fog627, 06 January 2013 - 08:49 PM.

photo.jpg                NBC-Premier-Feature-300x150.jpg                      mzl.qyoyojll.100x100-75.png

Pac-12 Network...please                        Premier League Extra Time...please                            NBC Sports Live Extra...please

#240 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,285 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:41 PM

Forbes does an annual report of professional sports. The Hockey version was in Nov 2012.

But the sport’s three most profitable teams–the Maple Leafs ($81.9 million), Rangers ($74 million), Canadians ($51.6 million)–accounted for 83% of the league’s income, while 13 of 30 teams lost money, before non-cash expenses and interest payments.

Forbes link

One of the reason the 'greedy' league wanted to get better control of the % of HRR they share with the players.

spam firewall