Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

NHL 2012-2013 Thread / NHL Center Ice / All NHL topics

• Please log in to reply
601 replies to this topic

#241 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:19 AM

new tweets

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun

Further to what I reported earlier today, confirmed now that NHL's Board of Governors meeting is Wednesday in NYC (to vote on new agreement)

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun

NHL sent out memo to teams tonight saying Jan 19 puck drop is most probable, however if ratification process goes fast, Jan 15 still in play

Directv Premier Sport Packages  NFL ST, MLB EI, NHL CI, NBA LP,

Comcast Triple Play TV ( cheapest tv package for CSN Philly and TCN)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#242 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:19 AM

tsn.ca has just put this up on its website.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=412970

highlights

The National Hockey League appears to be set on a tentative date for puck drop on Saturday, Jan. 19.

Depending on the timing of that process, and the NHLPA's ratification process that is proceeding on a parallel track (although somewhat slower), we anticipate that Training Camps will open sometime between Saturday, January 12 and Monday, January 14," read the memo

"We are hoping that we will be in a position to commence a 48-game NHL Regular Season beginning on Saturday, January 19 (All of these dates remain tentative at this point)."

stay tuned for future updates, Schedule, NHL center ice, etc all will becoming this week. the Board of Governers are expected to vote Wednesday, players will need to ratify it, I'm guessing Thursday / Friday, if they do it quickly maybe Wednesday night.

As mention in the quote above the goal is to have training camps open between SAT - MON

#243 OFFLINE   bnwrx

bnwrx

Icon

• Registered
  • 936 posts
  • Locationcolorado, in the mountains.....

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:36 AM

This sounds accurate. Local paper(Denver Post) reporting most of the Avs will be in town on Tuesday with camp starting on Saturday. 1st game may be the 19th(Saturday). Teams have to wait until "ratification" of agreement before negotiating with any free agents(including restricted free agents). That may not happen until Wed., so there will be a flurry of signings on Thurs and Friday.....

HR44-500 HDMI to 42"Toshiba
HR21-100 HDMI to 32" LG and 20" AOC

Directv since 1996(the USSB,Pegasus days...)
...sometimes, there is no answer...
http://woodlandweather.org/

#244 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:50 AM

here is a list of free agents, as it was on sept 16 the 1st day of lockout.

http://www.nhl.com/i...s.htm?id=636658

this just in from dreger

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger

NHL teams told they remain in lockout mode until CBA is ratified. Union\league are chewing on transition rules. Some gm's annoyed at pace.

so players can go to there teams city and be with in driving distance of the training camp facilities, but still can't use them, or have any contact until the deal is officially signed and then the lockout restrictions will be lifted.

you guys will have to monitor your team's outlook as we move along.

I'll be reporting on how the flyers will be implanting their schedule.

this is from CSN remember as I said, teams have to create a schedule and that comes with moving dates around with available dates at arenas.

from the flyers standpoint here is what the flyers are planning with there home games, your teams are probably doing the same thing, coordinating.

http://www.csnphilly...0801&feedID=695

highlights

More than likely, the NHL will use existing dates from the original schedule devised last summer, then add dates where applicable.

“We’re gonna be fine,” said Flyers president Peter Luukko. “We will probably have to add four [home] dates and that’s not a problem

The Flyers were originally scheduled to host Calgary at 1 p.m. on Jan 19. Penn State's new Division I hockey team plays host to the University of Vermont at the Wells Fargo Center that night.

well we know they won't be playing Calgary, it would have to be an east team. But NHL might use that date, time and building since it was set to be used for flyers. Plus it actually is set for doubleheader hockey

#245 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:56 AM

actually it looks like players are allowed to be at the practice facility.

I got some new photos of players skating at practice.

https://twitter.com/...3129728/photo/1

Tim Panaccio ‏@tpanotchCSN

Talbot with a mullet; Lilja, Timonen, Meszaros, Nodl and Boucher only players on the ice at Skate Zone

Nodl and bourcher actually play for Carolina, and will join them when there camp opens, they just live up here and getting some workouts in.

#246 OFFLINE   n3ntj

n3ntj

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,697 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:02 AM

Let's Play Hockey!
HD Snob - "Friends Don't Let Friends Watch Cable".
Electrical/RF Engineer & Inspector
DirecTV Equipment: HR24-200, HR24-100, 5LNB Slimline, AM21, SWiM 8 installed (MRV)
HR-2x Configuration: Native OFF. Units OFF when not in use.
TVs: 2 Panasonic Plasma TV's each using HDMI (one 1080p/one 720p)
DirecTV customer since 1998. Plus HD DVR package w/ NHL Center Ice & MLB Extra Innings.
OTA Antenna: Homebrew UHF & VHF antennas w/ 30dB amplifier fed w/ RG-6 Quad-shield coax.

#247 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:42 AM

Let's Play Hockey!

were getting there, I'm pumped up to man. Can't wait for jan 19, I'll be fully prepared.

NHL CI, GCL, FOOD, beer, etc

there will be 15 games on all day can't wait.

as a side treat, Phantoms will be on TCN on Saturday vs Hershey.

but gotta continue to follow the updates. The biggest one will happen wed / Thursday. When this CBA gets ratified, then I'll be really happy.

guys, I started a NHL chatroom on paltalk, free download,

its in the sports and American football category, since they don't have a hockey section, just the 3 other sports, so I list it there so it can be reconized.

free to use if anyone wants to yap about it during games.

#248 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:59 PM

Looks like the player ratification is set for Saturday, which means camps likely to open sun or MON

Chris Johnston ‏@reporterchris

A ratification vote schedule hasn't been set for the players. Earliest it would likely be completed is Saturday

#249 OFFLINE   loudo

loudo

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,454 posts
  • LocationCentral Maine

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:14 PM

Thanks, la24philly, for keeping us up to date.

H44-200 - Samsung 1080p 46" LED - HDMI
C41-100 - Samsunbg 32" LED - HDMI
C41-100 - Mitsubishi 1080p 57" DLP - HDMI - Pioneer Home Theater Sound

LG 20 LCD" & Viewsonic 17" HDTV LCD - Component via Cat 6 baluns from HR44-200
Slimline w/ SWM3 LNB. OTA master antenna system to all sets.

#250 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,249 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:14 PM

Camps open Sunday or Monday and then the season on Saturday?

There are a number of players who said they need two weeks of practice. I can't see 15 games on the 19th if they start camp that late.

I want to see the new schedule, but I most likely am not going to renew CI this year. Too short and I've gone this long (113 days) w/o the NHL; I can get by on my RSNs, NBCSN and weekend NBC games.

#251 OFFLINE   bnwrx

bnwrx

Icon

• Registered
  • 936 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:47 PM

Looks like the player ratification is set for Saturday, which means camps likely to open sun or MON

As has been stated by many before...We can hold a national election, and get every vote done in 1 day, yet it takes "several days" to get less than 1,000 players to vote and get counted!...:lol: Also, is there ANY doubt about the outcome?

Camps open Sunday or Monday and then the season on Saturday?

There are a number of players who said they need two weeks of practice. I can't see 15 games on the 19th if they start camp that late.

I want to see the new schedule, but I most likely am not going to renew CI this year. Too short and I've gone this long (113 days) w/o the NHL; I can get by on my RSNs, NBCSN and weekend NBC games.

Can't speak for other teams, but locally the Avalanche's typical "camp" lasts about 4 days, then they have an inter-squad game, then play there 1st pre-season game. Just figure the early games this season are like the pre-season only they will count. I don't think thats so bad. Players won't be in "game shape" but should be in OK shape to get thru this. If not To Bad So Sad for them! They have had a lot of time on their hands....

#252 OFFLINE   Hoosier205

Hoosier205

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:58 PM

As has been stated by many before...We can hold a national election, and get every vote done in 1 day, yet it takes "several days" to get less than 1,000 players to vote and get counted!...:lol: Also, is there ANY doubt about the outcome?

Can't speak for other teams, but locally the Avalanche's typical "camp" lasts about 4 days, then they have an inter-squad game, then play there 1st pre-season game. Just figure the early games this season are like the pre-season only they will count. I don't think thats so bad. Players won't be in "game shape" but should be in OK shape to get thru this. If not To Bad So Sad for them! They have had a lot of time on their hands....

We have many months to consider our options prior to voting. You'd ask the players to consider the long term deal on the table and vote on it all in one day?
DTV = Digital Television

#253 OFFLINE   bnwrx

bnwrx

Icon

• Registered
  • 936 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:01 PM

We have many months to consider our options prior to voting. You'd ask the players to consider the long term deal on the table and vote on it all in one day?

Absolutely...They have had "Their Experts" negotiate all the details.
Whats to think about.....:confused:

#254 OFFLINE   bnwrx

bnwrx

Icon

• Registered
  • 936 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:28 PM

According to Pierre LeBrun(TSN), the Board of Governors meeting and vote is Wednesday in NYC. Players will then vote electronically on Thurs and Friday. Camps can open,after approval, with Sunday,Monday likely. He said lawyers for both sides are still working on the "Document" and that it will be posted for all players to see on a website. As far as a schedule goes, the NHL hopes to have it done Thurs-Friday and most likely it will be 48 games, beginning the 19th, but the NHL has not ruled out starting on the 15th for some games.

#255 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,249 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:41 PM

For the 2012-2013 season, camps were to start on September 16 with pre-season games starting around the 23rd and the first game on Oct 11. So almost 4 weeks of on-ice time before the season was to start.

Some of the players have been involved in negotiations and haven't seen any ice time since last season. Of course some have been playing in the AHL or in Europe and should be ready to go.

I'd hate to see any injuries to a player who wasn't ready.

#256 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,152 posts
  • LocationGalactic Empire

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:57 PM

Tell them to all vote in Chicago, where they can vote early and vote often! !rolling

FAITH: I find the lack of it disturbing.

Opinions are my own but should be those of all Americans, who would be much better off intellectually, psychologically, and emotionally if that were the case.

#257 OFFLINE   bnwrx

bnwrx

Icon

• Registered
  • 936 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:57 PM

...I'd hate to see any injuries to a player who wasn't ready...

I don't wish an injury on any player(except..Bertuzzi for his hit on Steve Moore in 2004, but that is another story..) and hope all get thru this OK, but not really any sympathy for either side on this.

Moving on, this 48 game season could be VERY exciting, once we get over the bitterness of the lockout. Heard several players that were involved in the 94-95 season(lockout/shortened), that the games that season were that much more intense because you couldn't afford to not play hard everynight and "make up" for a poor effort the next game. Much fewer "next games" this year. In other words, more fun for the players, better viewing for us....

Just trying to get positive about the cards that are dealt for us....

#258 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,152 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:59 PM

The only player deserving of a career-ending injury, and I pray to the Dark Lords for it, is Raffi Torres of the Coyotes. 'Nuff said about that scum-sucking piece of human debris.

Opinions are my own but should be those of all Americans, who would be much better off intellectually, psychologically, and emotionally if that were the case.

#259 OFFLINE   Hoosier205

Hoosier205

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:37 PM

Absolutely...They have had "Their Experts" negotiate all the details.
Whats to think about.....:confused:

Common sense here. This is important to both sides. The responsible and adult approach is to know what you are voting in favor of before voting.
DTV = Digital Television

#260 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,152 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:38 PM

Why? 51% of Americans didn't in November. !rolling!rolling!rolling

spam firewall