Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

NHL 2012-2013 Thread / NHL Center Ice / All NHL topics

• Please log in to reply
601 replies to this topic

#261 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:57 PM

According to Pierre LeBrun(TSN), the Board of Governors meeting and vote is Wednesday in NYC. Players will then vote electronically on Thurs and Friday. Camps can open,after approval, with Sunday,Monday likely. He said lawyers for both sides are still working on the "Document" and that it will be posted for all players to see on a website. As far as a schedule goes, the NHL hopes to have it done Thurs-Friday and most likely it will be 48 games, beginning the 19th, but the NHL has not ruled out starting on the 15th for some games.

yup

I saw pierre leburn's tweet. That's good. His tweet that I started in the AM today, was thought Saturday was going to be the player vote, but that's good they decided to do a player vote and do it electronically, it will speed things up.

Plus some players are still overseas.

I read a article, Bobrousky, kovalchuk, and 3 others are still planning to play 1 more KHL game prior to coming back to USA.

I hope they told them NO, you need to be flying to US now.

but will see.

Directv Premier Sport Packages  NFL ST, MLB EI, NHL CI, NBA LP,

Comcast Triple Play TV ( cheapest tv package for CSN Philly and TCN)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#262 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:00 PM

when the NHL opens for business and teams can sign players

1 big name is still without a contract and that's

Del Zotto of the NYR

http://espn.go.com/n...rk-rangers-soon

#263 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:18 PM

here are some new details coming out. Looks like the lawyers are just about finish putting all of this on paper.

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie

Now that draft copy of CBA terms has been distributed to all 30 teams, there are all sorts of details of the deal now coming out

For example, the so-called Make Whole deferred payment of $300M to the players is payable in $100M instalments in Years 2, 3 and 4.

CBA is 10 yrs with mutual 8 yr opt-out but NHL has 1st option to terminate, no later than Sept. 1, 2019. NHLPA 2nd option, Sept. 15, 2019.

#264 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:25 PM

jimmy and to the flyers fans on this site,

flyers wasting no time, opened up the practice today to the fans for free and free parking.

doesn't hold a lot of seats or bench

but about 70 people turned out today was nice

I got some video and the first installment of the year of

CSN's dropping the gloves and I got a link

http://www.csnphilly...16868416583-711

#265 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:04 PM

news reguarding the Detroit Redwings, and wing fans.

Aaron Ward ‏@aaronward_nhl

Expectation Tomas Holmstrom to announce his retirement along with Zetterberg being announced as Captain of the Detroit Red Wings

#266 OFFLINE   Sandra

Sandra

Legend

• Registered
  • 288 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:49 AM

Personally I hope the NHL plays to half-empty buildings in the cities where they usually sell out (Montreal, Toronto, New York, Detroit, etc.), and to nealy empty buildings where they are normally half-empty. There needs to be some ramifications for a league and players association whose normal operating procedure is to cancel seasons or half-seasons in collective bargaining negotiations over and over again.

If fans (and sponsors) come running back like sheep, this process will never change.

I've attended 2-3 games per year and this year I will not, and I'll also call to cancel my NHL Center Ice package....though DirecTV will most likely offer it to me for free.

Sandra

#267 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:58 PM

new update

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun

No surprise, but NHL now solely focused on Jan 19 as season start date

Chris Johnston ‏@reporterchris

NHL training camps expected to open Sunday, according to Bill Daly.

looks like sunday is the day it begins.

this will be a very fast paced season. This will probably the only practices and preparation they will get.

expect 4 games a week for each team.

It's going to be a very fast paced.

The ones who get off to a great start will be in solid shape.

a lot of games are going to have playoff feels to them, especially with more rival games this year.

#268 OFFLINE   loudo

loudo

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,484 posts
  • LocationCentral Maine

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:52 PM

I see the old schedule has been removed from the NHL web site.

H44-200 - Samsung 1080p 46" LED - HDMI
C41-100 - Samsunbg 32" LED - HDMI
C41-100 - Mitsubishi 1080p 57" DLP - HDMI - Pioneer Home Theater Sound

LG 20 LCD" & Viewsonic 17" HDTV LCD - Component via Cat 6 baluns from HR44-200
Slimline w/ SWM3 LNB. OTA master antenna system to all sets.

#269 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:04 PM

I see the old schedule has been removed from the NHL web site.

right, now what you can anticipate is teams that were scheduled to play on jan 19 those days actually are still good for those arenas. So those teams will probably play home first.

so alls they have to due is put east vs east team and west vs west.

#270 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:07 PM

heres a break down

Each team plays: 4 games vs. two Divisional opponents (8); 5 games vs. two divisional opponents (10); 3 games vs 10 Conference rivals (30).

so example

FLYERS will play 18 games vs the atlantic division ( NJ, NYR, PIT, NYI) we will play 8 games vs two of those clubs and 10 games vs the other 2 clubs which I have no clue, but if my guess flyers would play PIT and NJ more.

Then they will play 30 games against the Northeast and Southeast divison

#271 OFFLINE   n3ntj

n3ntj

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,708 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:53 PM

I would imagine that NHL CI subs will get a letter from D* stating the details of the NHL CI package for the 2013 season. I would imagine that the package price will be pro-rated based upon the number of games (TBD). Would be nice, though, if the NHL would include online access to games with their NHL CI package, like the NBA does. It is fan-friendly for those of us who travel from time to time.
HD Snob - "Friends Don't Let Friends Watch Cable".
Electrical/RF Engineer & Inspector
DirecTV Equipment: HR24-200, HR24-100, 5LNB Slimline, AM21, SWiM 8 installed (MRV)
HR-2x Configuration: Native OFF. Units OFF when not in use.
TVs: 2 Panasonic Plasma TV's each using HDMI (one 1080p/one 720p)
DirecTV customer since 1998. Plus HD DVR package w/ NHL Center Ice & MLB Extra Innings.
OTA Antenna: Homebrew UHF & VHF antennas w/ 30dB amplifier fed w/ RG-6 Quad-shield coax.

#272 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:57 PM

here is a list just put on NHL.com

of intriguing players that are free agents that anyone can sign.

who should your team get.

http://www.nhl.com/i...id=nhl:topheads

#273 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:04 PM

here are some new notes tomorrow NHL board of governers will vote on the new CBA, after tomorrow the NHL's side will be complete. They need I believe 16 votes or more to be considered approved by the NHL.

The league and NHLPA spent Tuesday continuing to hammer out a memorandum of understanding that will ultimately be voted on by their constituents. The owners will cast ballots in person at a Board of Governors meeting Wednesday afternoon in New York while the players are expected to vote electronically on Thursday and Friday.

The league is targeting a 48-game season beginning Jan. 19, leaving very little time for everyone involved with the sport to get organized. The schedule isn't expected to be released until after the Board of Governors ratifies the agreement.

so it looks like the new schedule would be released Wed night / Thursday. Looks like they will be able to release the schedule prior to the Players voting.

If they release the schedule tomorrow or Thursday, then theres a chance we see NHL CI details. However, not sure they will do that until after the players vote and its delievered. If the players complete there vote Thurs / Fri, then Friday night / Saturday the NHL actually can then lift all remaining lockout restrictions, and then release NHL CI info.

So I would look between Tomorrow thorough Sunday for NHL CI info.

#274 OFFLINE   loudo

loudo

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,484 posts
  • LocationCentral Maine

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:08 PM

I would imagine that NHL CI subs will get a letter from D* stating the details of the NHL CI package for the 2013 season. I would imagine that the package price will be pro-rated based upon the number of games (TBD). Would be nice, though, if the NHL would include online access to games with their NHL CI package, like the NBA does. It is fan-friendly for those of us who travel from time to time.

According to the DirecTV web site CI page "Considering games will be missed prior to the lock-out being resolved, an adjusted price will be determined when NHL CENTER ICE becomes available for purchase."

It sure would be nice to have the NHL Game Center included, with the CI package. With the loss of CI subscribers they will have from the lock out, it may encourage some to stay and attract some new viewers.

H44-200 - Samsung 1080p 46" LED - HDMI
C41-100 - Samsunbg 32" LED - HDMI
C41-100 - Mitsubishi 1080p 57" DLP - HDMI - Pioneer Home Theater Sound

LG 20 LCD" & Viewsonic 17" HDTV LCD - Component via Cat 6 baluns from HR44-200
Slimline w/ SWM3 LNB. OTA master antenna system to all sets.

#275 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:25 PM

Just watched CSN sports nite, they had a flyers update

Not officially, but they were all talking that flyers first game is expected to be.

Jan 19 Penguins @ Flyers 1pm Wells Fargo Center. It would have to be a matinee ( college Hockey Penn state vs Vermont) are playing at 7pm same building

Flyers originally were scheduled to play on that date, time, and building against Flames.

JAN 19 is probably going to be a 12 hr marathon of Hockey all day on TV.

not sure if NBC will be on the first game will have to see.

but usually Saturdays belong to HNIC they usually do a day game then 2 night games.

#276 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,362 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:49 PM

A bit of sad news today. Katie Moore, wife of Sharks center Dominic Moore, died yesterday after a 9-month battle with liver cancer. Not sure her age, but he is 32.

#277 OFFLINE   bnwrx

bnwrx

Icon

• Registered
  • 966 posts
  • Locationcolorado, in the mountains.....

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:10 AM

This from Bob McKenzie-TSN:.

"NHLPA ratification vote tentatively set for Thurs/Fri, with entire process hopefully complete by Saturday.
The Memorandum of Understanding between NHL and NHLPA is not expected to completed and signed off on by both sides until Saturday.
If all goes well and according to plan, training camps will open Sunday Jan. 13 and 48-game season would open on Sat Jan. 19
There is no business as usual in NHL - actual trades, signings etc - til MOU is signed on Saturday. Nothing "official" can happen til then. "

I also read where the NHL schedule be announced either late today or Thurs/Friday. More info may be possible after the BOG meeting today in NYC.

HR44-500 HDMI to 42"Toshiba
HR21-100 HDMI to 32" LG and 20" AOC

Directv since 1996(the USSB,Pegasus days...)
...sometimes, there is no answer...
http://woodlandweather.org/

#278 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:27 AM

This from Bob McKenzie-TSN:.

"NHLPA ratification vote tentatively set for Thurs/Fri, with entire process hopefully complete by Saturday.
The Memorandum of Understanding between NHL and NHLPA is not expected to completed and signed off on by both sides until Saturday.
If all goes well and according to plan, training camps will open Sunday Jan. 13 and 48-game season would open on Sat Jan. 19
There is no business as usual in NHL - actual trades, signings etc - til MOU is signed on Saturday. Nothing "official" can happen til then. "

I also read where the NHL schedule be announced either late today or Thurs/Friday. More info may be possible after the BOG meeting today in NYC.

Here is something I been waiting to finally see

After months of waiting, the NHL will take an important step towards finally dropping the puck on the 2012-13 season today.

The NHL Board of Governors meets today in New York, where it is expected they will ratify a new collective bargaining agreement.

Watch live coverage of the Board of Governors news conference today at 4pm et/1pm pt on TSN and TSN.ca or listen live on TSN Radio.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=413131

Ok guys, looks like they are all arriving now as we speak, This shouldn't be too long. As of now 4pm looks like when they will have the press conference.

I believe 16 or more votes in favor is all that's needed for the NHL BOG to approve the new deal.

It's also expected once they do that, the schedule will be release - so expect that tonight. My guess between 5pm -8pm

I noticed my local sports network CSN philly is planning a special 1 hr show at 1030, they also mention and I'm not sure yet that other CSN's will be involve. I'm not sure if those networks are planning to do the same show, or they will just have reporters from those cities, while only doing the show on CSN philly, I can tell you in the past numerous times CSN philly would have CSN mid atlantic reporters on but the CSN mid atlantic wouldn't be showing that show.

After today, the only thing left to do is the players ratification which is set for tomorrow / Friday. 750 players are set to vote.

390 votes or higher are needed for the players side to officially approve the new deal, after that then we can finally say this CBA is officially signed and delivered.

#279 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,771 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:39 AM

Wish NBCSN would show the coverage too.

#280 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:16 PM

wow, very stunning

Leafs Fire GM brian burke

According to TSN's Bob McKenzie, the Toronto Maple Leafs have relieved general manager Brian Burke of his duties Wednesday afternoon

http://www.nhl.com/i...id=nhl:topheads

press conference at 145pm today tsn.ca

Protected By... spam firewall...And...