Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

NHL 2012-2013 Thread / NHL Center Ice / All NHL topics

• Please log in to reply
601 replies to this topic

#281 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:22 PM

TSN looks like it will have a special schedule release show at 7pm.

not sure if they will carry it online so US viewers can see.

I hope they simulcast it with NHL network.

if theyre putting the schedule out tonight, then theres a great chance NHL CI will be available for purchase tomorrow, if not then my guess then would be Sunday, the first day NHL is officially open for business.

Directv Premier Sport Packages  NFL ST, MLB EI, NHL CI, NBA LP,

Comcast Triple Play TV ( cheapest tv package for CSN Philly and TCN)

#282 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:08 PM

heres a list of reporters on tonights CSN philly special titled Game On.

Host john boruk CSN philly

reporters bret hedican CSN bay area chuck gromley CSN Washington.

they will break down NHL news, and schedule should be out.

I can't speak for all CSN regional networks, perhaps they will show this show at times in those regions.

but CSN philly is doing this show tonight.

here is a link and time schedule

http://www.buzzonbro...hl-program.html

#283 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:17 PM

Guys we are officially 1/2 way there

NHL and the board of Governers have Ratified and Approved the new 10 year CBA

here pierre

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun

NHL governor inside the room via text: ``It's been ratified

it's now in the players court, they have to ratify and it will be officially signed and set.

more from pierre

Important to remember that players haven't ratified the deal yet. They're expected to hold their vote Thursday-Friday

Update from NHLPA: vote is now expected to be held Friday-Saturday, no longer Thursday-Friday

my guess is they will start tonight and use tomorrow to go over the CBA with all 750 players.

this is a 700+ page document that the NHL pa executives, want to go over with each player, and if they have any question the NHL PA exec can ask.

Then they will vote electronically Fri / Sat

more from Pierre

FYI NHL training camps still expected to open on Sunday

In the meantime, NHLPA already conducting conference calls with different players and agents to answer questions on new CBA

this was a unanimous vote

Source: vote was 30-0

further updates will come, as we cover the NHL PA side because that is where all eyes lie, because they have to ratify then the lockout restrictions will be lifted.

#284 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:25 PM

Ok CSN is now showing this on there bottom ticket

Penguins @ Flyers jan 19 3pm NBC it was earlier reported 1pm CSN, but NBC has picked up the game.

NHL.com still hasn't put anything on its website, and I don't see a schedule out yet.

but CSN is now just posting this on its bottom ticket.

I believe they will be doing a schedule release during there special show at 1030 tonight.

#285 OFFLINE   JoweezNutz

JoweezNutz

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:24 AM

on epsn.com and from Boston Globe, NYR@BOS Sat 1/19

need that full sched...need to know dates to block!!

#286 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:22 PM

LA Kings, holding a press conference 4pm PT / 7 ET Live on Fox sports PT also it will be on kings.nhl.com and I think a local LA affiliate will show it, it will also replay later tonight.

most likely they will announce plans

for 1/19/13 as of now it looks it will be CHI @ LA and it will be on NBC Stanley cup Banner night to.

as far as the full schedule, the NHL looks like they are waiting for the players ratification prior to releasing the schedule. Personally they should now, to give people time to plan, incase people are on the road.

players will start ratification tomorrow, its expected it will finish Saturday.

#287 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:53 PM

LA Kings, holding a press conference 4pm PT / 7 ET Live on Fox sports PT also it will be on kings.nhl.com and I think a local LA affiliate will show it, it will also replay later tonight.

Is that 692 or 693?

Thanks

#288 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:45 PM

NHL PA has begun voting on ratifying CBA

they setup a 36 hr window from 8pm tonight through 8am Sat Am. 750 players are voting

Once voting ends, results will be announced shortly after, my guess between 8 and 10am.

If approved the NHL lockout will then be officially over and all restrictions will be lifted.

Expect to see the schedule release Saturday and then NHL Center Ice info should be available, I wonder if directv or any provider will start taking orders on Saturday or wait till Monday will see.

http://www.nhl.com/i...id=nhl:topheads

#289 OFFLINE   bnwrx

bnwrx

Icon

• Registered
  • 947 posts
  • Locationcolorado, in the mountains.....

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:51 AM

Pierre LeBrun made this post: "NHL releases sked once: 1) players ratify deal Sat; 2) CBA Memo of Understanding is signed off on by both sides _ that could be Sat or Sun "

Player voting ends at 8am(EST) on Sat. Bettman has said schedule will be released "almost instantaneously" following the end of voting. So maybe by Saturday afternoon we'll see it. Our local RSN now has "To Be Announced" in the typical time slots for Pre-Game and Game on the 19th. Sure will be nice to have watching NHL hockey as an option again.....:)

HR44-500 HDMI to 42"Toshiba
HR21-100 HDMI to 32" LG and 20" AOC

Directv since 1996(the USSB,Pegasus days...)
...sometimes, there is no answer...
http://woodlandweather.org/

#290 OFFLINE   CaptainInspiration

CaptainInspiration

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:11 AM

When do we start the betting pool on the price of CI? Dibs on $99! ;)

#291 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:15 PM

Pierre LeBrun made this post: "NHL releases sked once: 1) players ratify deal Sat; 2) CBA Memo of Understanding is signed off on by both sides _ that could be Sat or Sun "

Player voting ends at 8am(EST) on Sat. Bettman has said schedule will be released "almost instantaneously" following the end of voting. So maybe by Saturday afternoon we'll see it. Our local RSN now has "To Be Announced" in the typical time slots for Pre-Game and Game on the 19th. Sure will be nice to have watching NHL hockey as an option again.....:)

to follow up

NHL clubs have received their team schedules, however, are now getting back to the league with any changes they absolutely need

so the NHL schedule is done, and officially all teams have a copy. So they now know what's going on. But it won't be available to the public, until these final 2 requirements are met.

CBA players ratification is going on now, and will end 8am Sat. However If and when I see the results go over 60 % I would say ok that's enough we don't need any more.

Because once you get the needing requirements the rest of the votes are meangless even though players have a right to vote and say what they want to say. But if I have all that's needed then I would then tell the NHL, OK we got enough for a approval.

#292 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:12 PM

I'm trying to find a link or get confirmation but all signs are pointing that NHL CI will be free this season. But I don't have that officially yet.

#293 OFFLINE   loudo

loudo

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,465 posts
  • LocationCentral Maine

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:18 PM

I'm trying to find a link or get confirmation but all signs are pointing that NHL CI will be free this season. But I don't have that officially yet.

That would be sweet. :icon_da:

H44-200 - Samsung 1080p 46" LED - HDMI
C41-100 - Samsunbg 32" LED - HDMI
C41-100 - Mitsubishi 1080p 57" DLP - HDMI - Pioneer Home Theater Sound

LG 20 LCD" & Viewsonic 17" HDTV LCD - Component via Cat 6 baluns from HR44-200
Slimline w/ SWM3 LNB. OTA master antenna system to all sets.

#294 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:21 PM

the closest I have toward a link is this

The NHL intends to offer Center Ice free of charge if they can make agreements with the cable/satellite carriers.

in DEMAND is the USA cable partner for distribution of Center Ice which is owned by Comcast, Cox Communications, Time Warner Cable, and Bright House Networks.

Comcast is leading the charge for a free season in the hope that people will get hooked and buy next year. Comcast will make it available for free on their systems.

This does NOT include DirecTV at the moment but the NHL has sent signals that NHL GameCenter will be free for this season.

http://hfboards.hock...23#post57385423

after link scroll to top.

it appears as if the NHL is trying to work with the cable providers on doing this.

They have more control over GCL, NHL CI is actually harder because the cable providers kinda run it.

I'm still trying to get a real link and confirmation.

there is a facebook page dedicated to getting free NHL CI or GCL this year.

#295 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,173 posts
  • LocationGalactic Empire

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:21 PM

According to a CSR with whom I just spoke, I was told that CI would be at no charge this year; however, you must agree to a renewal for next season at the regular, full price.

Now, I am NOT saying this is what's going to happen; rather, I'm just telling you what the CSR told me. I laughed and said, "That's bulls--t. I'm not going to be tied down to a sports package at its regular price just to get it for free now."

FAITH: I find the lack of it disturbing.

Opinions are my own but should be those of all Americans, who would be much better off intellectually, psychologically, and emotionally if that were the case.

#296 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:26 PM

According to a CSR with whom I just spoke, I was told that CI would be at no charge this year; however, you must agree to a renewal for next season at the regular, full price.

Now, I am NOT saying this is what's going to happen; rather, I'm just telling you what the CSR told me. I laughed and said, "That's bulls--t. I'm not going to be tied down to a sports package at its regular price just to get it for free now."

I believe they would still give you the early bird price for a full season.

I think it was what 172 or 178. usually early bird is 20 cheaper Usually you can also call to get more of a discount even though you are signed up for it.

Even if people agree to renewel for next year, if they want to cancel it im sure directv will honor that, I don't think they will risk people canceling service over not taking NHL CI at customers request.

#297 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:23 PM

I'm watching some good college hockey tonight, I'm ready for the NHL to return!! :D

#298 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,285 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:29 PM

good college hockey

A bit redundant. ;)

If I could get all college hockey games, I wouldn't even consider subscribing to CI.

#299 OFFLINE   zmancartfan

zmancartfan

AllStar

• Registered
  • 81 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:21 PM

I noticed the DirecTV CI page has a new thing up tonight: "NHL is back!! It will be available for sale starting on Sat., January 19."

You don't think they'd wait until the day of to announce package prices, do you?

Although, who knows? Maybe that's a sign that they're being considered in the rumored free CI deal.

#300 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,285 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:37 PM

You have to call.

spam firewall