Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

NHL 2012-2013 Thread / NHL Center Ice / All NHL topics

• Please log in to reply
601 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,243 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:33 AM

Being a Canucks fan, no Canadian HD may be a deal breaker for me. $200 is a lot to pay for a season of SD streams, especially when Vancouver is the closest big city. Comcast up here carries all of the CBC Vancouver channels in HD and TSN, to boot.

They do not have TSN.
I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,123 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:47 AM

How much is GameCenter? And I wonder if you can log in from multiple locations at once? ;)

Edited by sigma1914, 12 August 2012 - 10:57 AM.

If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#23 OFFLINE   loudo

loudo

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,488 posts
  • LocationCentral Maine

Posted 12 August 2012 - 11:29 AM

How much is GameCenter? And I wonder if you can log in from multiple locations at once? ;)

I have MLB-TV and I can view it signed on to my Xbox 360, Google TV and two of my computers, at the same time. But that is all within my home network. I have never tried to sign on with my laptop from outside my network, while I had one of them running on my network. I imagine GC is be the same way.

H44-200 - Samsung 1080p 46" LED - HDMI
C41-100 - Samsunbg 32" LED - HDMI
C41-100 - Mitsubishi 1080p 57" DLP - HDMI - Pioneer Home Theater Sound

LG 20 LCD" & Viewsonic 17" HDTV LCD - Component via Cat 6 baluns from HR44-200
Slimline w/ SWM3 LNB. OTA master antenna system to all sets.

#24 OFFLINE   CaptainInspiration

CaptainInspiration

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 11:36 AM

They do not have TSN.

Disappointing. Half the reason I switched to D* was for center ice...

#25 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,390 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 12 August 2012 - 11:45 AM

They do have "NHL On The Fly" on NHLN, which has live look-ins of games and highlights. I think that's the closest we'll ever see to the an NHL "Red Zone" channel. And most everyone on this forum, seems to complain about them airing "NHL On The Fly", instead of a live game (except me). So it seems like hardly anyone really wants an NHL "Red Zone" channel.

My objection to NHL On the Fly is when the NHL Network on Saturday night had both games of HNIC in HD, including the Pre-game, the MacLean & Cherry show between games and the After Hours wrap-up, and they replaced the second game and After hours with NHL on the Fly. And on most nights, the second game of HNIC was only available in SD. I'm a regular watcher of On The Fly, but not usually when there are live games on.

#26 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,803 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 12 August 2012 - 11:57 AM

They do not have TSN.

It seemed like they only had TSN on when two Canadian teams were playing each other and there was no U.S. feed?

I'm hoping now that D* can do six channels per transponder that we'll see more Canadian HD feeds.

#27 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,123 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 12 August 2012 - 12:01 PM

I have MLB-TV and I can view it signed on to my Xbox 360, Google TV and two of my computers, at the same time. But that is all within my home network. I have never tried to sign on with my laptop from outside my network, while I had one of them running on my network. I imagine GC is be the same way.

MLB-TV can do it from different parts of the country... I know 3 people can at once. ;)

I'm hoping GC can because I'm not to looking forward to the season to justify buying CI, but wouldn't mind "splitting" ;) up GC.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#28 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,803 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 12 August 2012 - 12:14 PM

MLB-TV can do it from different parts of the country... I know 3 people can at once. ;)

I'm hoping GC can because I'm not to looking forward to the season to justify buying CI, but wouldn't mind "splitting" ;) up GC.

I really wish the NHL would give you GC with NHLCI. I think the NBA and MLB do that.

#29 OFFLINE   loudo

loudo

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,488 posts
  • LocationCentral Maine

Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:30 PM

I really wish the NHL would give you GC with NHLCI. I think the NBA and MLB do that.

That sure would be a big plus toward them getting more subscribers.

#30 OFFLINE   zmancartfan

zmancartfan

AllStar

• Registered
  • 89 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:32 PM

I really wish the NHL would give you GC with NHLCI.

+1

#31 OFFLINE   Grafixguy

Grafixguy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 387 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:52 AM

Not all feeds that we received last year from Canada were SD. There were some in HD. I'm having a memory lapse right now, but I think all the first games of HNIC on the NHL Network were in HD. Second game moved to CI channels and HD was sadly lacking on those games.

Your memory was of two seasons ago (if you're referring to DirecTV).

Last season featured both ends of the HNIC double headers in HD on Center Ice as well as many SNET games featuring the Leafs. Others were hit or miss but it was a very rare occasion that a game didn't have at least one team's feed in HD.

Edited by Grafixguy, 13 August 2012 - 07:58 AM.

#32 OFFLINE   Jables

Jables

AllStar

• Registered
  • 89 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:45 AM

Have any D* folks looked at their accounts online lately? I was in today to check on something and noticed under "My Sports" it indicates I have no sports subscriptions and NHLCI is not in the list of options below. I've been a subscriber on auto-renew since 2003...so that was odd.
Slimline-5 | Zinwell 6x8 | 2 x HR20-700 | HR23-700

#33 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,390 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 13 August 2012 - 04:17 PM

Your memory was of two seasons ago (if you're referring to DirecTV).

Last season featured both ends of the HNIC double headers in HD on Center Ice as well as many SNET games featuring the Leafs. Others were hit or miss but it was a very rare occasion that a game didn't have at least one team's feed in HD.

Thank you. I knew when I was typing that it was a bit 'off', but I just couldn't remember the details.

Have any D* folks looked at their accounts online lately? I was in today to check on something and noticed under "My Sports" it indicates I have no sports subscriptions and NHLCI is not in the list of options below. I've been a subscriber on auto-renew since 2003...so that was odd.

I just looked at my last bill (ended 7/27 and EFT on 8/11). NHL CI is still listed. $0.00. If it has been removed, maybe DirecTV is preparing for a late start to the season?

#34 OFFLINE   zmancartfan

zmancartfan

AllStar

• Registered
  • 89 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 06:12 PM

I just looked, and you're right. It's not even in the list Let's hope their contract isn't up for renewal...

#35 OFFLINE   dahlemann

dahlemann

Mentor

• Registered
  • 46 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 01:01 PM

Oilers fan living in Utah with Direct NHLCI here.

Last year when the Oilers were on HNIC the games were in HD.

When they played any US team in Edmonton, the US team had an HD feed, but the Oilers broadcast was in SD.

When the Oilers were playing on the road at a US team there was often no Oilers broadcast available at all and there was no option but to watch the US based team’s coverage.

When they played another Canadian team, if the game was on TSN we would get the TSN broadcast in HD.

If the game was against a US team, the TSN broadcast was not available and we had to watch the US teams broadcast.

When the Oilers played another Canadian team and the game was not on TSN or NHLCI, we only got one broadcast (the home teams) and it was always in SD, not HD.

The only exception I remember was a game against the Leafs that was shown on both the Oilers network (SD) and the Leafs network (HD).

When the Oilers played Vancouver and Calgary (both in their division) we only got the SD broadcast of the home team, not both teams.

The lack of TSN is frustrating, and the lack of Oilers broadcasts when they are the road team is also annoying. And of course, the fact that most of the time the Oilers broadcast is in SD.

Please do not post and tell me to buy a Canadian system so I can watch the games in HD. :) I'm sticking with what I've got.

The good news is I get to watch almost all of their games. It may not be the best, but it's better than nothing! :)

Edited by dahlemann, 16 August 2012 - 01:03 PM.
fix spelling and grammar

Lets go Oilers!
Love for God, Love hockey players
David

#36 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 06:31 AM

NBA is the only pro sport that offers 1 charge for all TV and online and devices.

MLB you have to either get the EI for TV or mlb.tv for online and all devices.

I would say for the past 4 years.

I been paying for NHL and MLB both the CI/ EI as well as GCL and mlb.tv

because I do travel at parts of the year.

Directv Premier Sport Packages  NFL ST, MLB EI, NHL CI, NBA LP,

Comcast Triple Play TV ( cheapest tv package for CSN Philly and TCN)

#37 OFFLINE   loudo

loudo

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,488 posts
  • LocationCentral Maine

Posted 18 August 2012 - 07:14 AM

NBA is the only pro sport that offers 1 charge for all TV and online and devices.

MLB you have to either get the EI for TV or mlb.tv for online and all devices.

I would say for the past 4 years.

I been paying for NHL and MLB both the CI/ EI as well as GCL and mlb.tv

because I do travel at parts of the year.

MLB-TV can also be used on TV as well as computer, with a smart TV or smart TV device.

#38 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:56 PM

nhl labor talks resume wed, hopefully it starts days wehre there talking for 10 -12 hrs a day into late nights etc, kinda like nba nfl had to do to get a deal doen.

Directv Premier Sport Packages  NFL ST, MLB EI, NHL CI, NBA LP,

Comcast Triple Play TV ( cheapest tv package for CSN Philly and TCN)

#39 OFFLINE   fireponcoal

fireponcoal

Icon

• Registered
  • 724 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 10:28 PM

Oilers fan living in Utah with Direct NHLCI here.

Last year when the Oilers were on HNIC the games were in HD.

When they played any US team in Edmonton, the US team had an HD feed, but the Oilers broadcast was in SD.

When the Oilers were playing on the road at a US team there was often no Oilers broadcast available at all and there was no option but to watch the US based team's coverage.

When they played another Canadian team, if the game was on TSN we would get the TSN broadcast in HD.

If the game was against a US team, the TSN broadcast was not available and we had to watch the US teams broadcast.

When the Oilers played another Canadian team and the game was not on TSN or NHLCI, we only got one broadcast (the home teams) and it was always in SD, not HD.

The only exception I remember was a game against the Leafs that was shown on both the Oilers network (SD) and the Leafs network (HD).

When the Oilers played Vancouver and Calgary (both in their division) we only got the SD broadcast of the home team, not both teams.

The lack of TSN is frustrating, and the lack of Oilers broadcasts when they are the road team is also annoying. And of course, the fact that most of the time the Oilers broadcast is in SD.

Please do not post and tell me to buy a Canadian system so I can watch the games in HD. :) I'm sticking with what I've got.

The good news is I get to watch almost all of their games. It may not be the best, but it's better than nothing! :)

We did get one Sports-Net West Oilers HD feed last season... Was lovely and I hope we get another this season. Go Oilers!

#40 OFFLINE   n3ntj

n3ntj

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,717 posts
  • LocationLancaster, PA area

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:01 AM

I sent an email to the NHL last winter asking about combining the NHL CI and online packages together but I got no response.

HD Snob - "Friends Don't Let Friends Watch Cable".
Electrical/RF Engineer & Inspector
DirecTV Equipment: HR24-200 (2), 5LNB Slimline, AM21, SWiM 8 installed (MRV), Cinema Kit (Wifi connection)
Configuration: Native OFF. Units OFF when not in use.
TVs: 2 Panasonic Plasma TV's each using HDMI (one 1080p/one 720p)
DirecTV customer since 1998. Plus HD DVR package w/ NHL Center Ice & MLB Extra Innings.
OTA Antenna: Homebrew UHF & VHF antennas w/ 30dB amplifier fed w/ RG-6 Quad-shield coax.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...