Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

NHL 2012-2013 Thread / NHL Center Ice / All NHL topics

• Please log in to reply
601 replies to this topic

#481 OFFLINE   bnwrx

bnwrx

Icon

• Registered
  • 965 posts
  • Locationcolorado, in the mountains.....

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:07 AM

Does anyone have a link to download an ical file for the "Full" NHL schedule?
Thanks...

HR44-500 HDMI to 42"Toshiba
HR21-100 HDMI to 32" LG and 20" AOC

Directv since 1996(the USSB,Pegasus days...)
...sometimes, there is no answer...
http://woodlandweather.org/

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#482 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,344 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:39 PM

Does anyone have a link to download an ical file for the "Full" NHL schedule?
Thanks...

The NHL site used to do that, now it is only by team.

I have it in an excel CSV file which can be imported into most calendars. I can post it here, but I won't be back at my desk until later tonight and I'll have to convert it from eastern into mountain -- if you want it. Just PM me.

#483 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,344 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:45 PM

bnwrx -- As discussed, her it is. It is in .XLS format (can't upload CSV files). So depending your calendar software, you might have to open this file and save as CSV.

Attached Files

#484 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,763 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:11 PM

FYI, I just got an email from GCL customer support, the PS3 app should be ready by the end of the month.

#485 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,344 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:52 PM

bnwrx -- As discussed, her it is. It is in .XLS format (can't upload CSV files). So depending your calendar software, you might have to open this file and save as CSV.

bnwrx -- try the attached file.
1 - download file.
2 - rename file so extension is ics (not xls)
3 - open Sunbird
4 - under File tab, select Open Calendar File (or CTRL+O)
5 - navigate to where you saved the file and select.

You Sunbird calendar should be populated with all the games (with MTN time)

Attached Files

#486 OFFLINE   bnwrx

bnwrx

Icon

• Registered
  • 965 posts
  • Locationcolorado, in the mountains.....

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:37 AM

bnwrx -- try the attached file.
1 - download file.
3 - open Sunbird

You Sunbird calendar should be populated with all the games (with MTN time)

Thank you!!! That worked!! I appreciate your efforts....

HR44-500 HDMI to 42"Toshiba
HR21-100 HDMI to 32" LG and 20" AOC

Directv since 1996(the USSB,Pegasus days...)
...sometimes, there is no answer...
http://woodlandweather.org/

#487 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,344 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:27 PM

bnwrx -- Try this one since ICS is obviously smarter than I am. Same instructions from above.

1 - download file.
3 - open Sunbird

Attached Files

#488 OFFLINE   dvdmth

dvdmth

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,010 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:33 PM

Anyone know the correct start time for Sunday's Wild/Blues game?

The NHL website lists the game at 8 PM ET. However, DirecTV's guide for NBCSN has the game at 6 PM ET (two hours earlier).

#489 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,344 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:38 PM

The best place to (usually) go is the home team's site. St. Louis says 7pm and I believe they are in Central time zone, so adjust accordingly.

[EDIT: Having said that, I've have found that game on four different web sites at three different start times. I'd keep checking the sites. Maybe a local St. Louis newspaper (if they have any left) will have some game-day info including the actual start time.]

Edited by trh, 23 January 2013 - 04:47 PM.

#490 OFFLINE   cmasia

cmasia

Icon

• Registered
  • 728 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:27 PM

I know this post is beating a dead horse, but....

Watching Rangers - Flyers on NHLN (No Hockey Logic Network )..

At times the score is on 3 different parts of the screen - T H R E E ! ! ! !

It continues to be the poorest excuse for a TV network - E V E R !!!

PS: I know I'll catch hell from Flyer fans here, but their play by play guy sounds like Jerry Seinfeld, dizzy from riding the Tilt-a-Whirl...

#491 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,344 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:18 PM

Just wondering what smartphone apps fans are using to track NHL.

I'm using CBC Hockey Night in Canada for iOS (also available in Android, Windows and Blackberry phones). Pretty slick App (and free). Just doesn't give me any alerts (game starts, scores, etc.).

The IIHF app that I used during the World Juniors had that feature, although my wife hated the USA game start alerts going off a 4AM!

#492 OFFLINE   cmasia

cmasia

Icon

• Registered
  • 728 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:32 AM

I've been one of hockey's biggest fans since 1965, when only the The Original Six existed.

And the game today is better than ever - the speed and skill of today's players is amazing.

But there is one thing I will never be able to understand. It is beyond stupid.

Can someone explain to me why...

1) A game decided in 60 minutes has a value of 2 points

2) A game decided in 65 minutes or shootout has a value of 3 points

I cannot fathom how any league can justify this total nonsense.

Now, unless it's a game featuring my favorite team - New York Rangers - I find myself changing channels away from any game headed into OT.

This rule stinks of the "Everyone Gets a Medal" philosophy so prevalent today.

I understand the NHL's desire for every match to have a "winner". But how can you have a "winner" in every game, when every game does not have a "loser"?

Stupid, idiotic, moronic....

#493 OFFLINE   eddieras

eddieras

Godfather

• Registered
  • 251 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:41 AM

I've been one of hockey's biggest fans since 1965, when only the The Original Six existed.

And the game today is better than ever - the speed and skill of today's players is amazing.

Now, unless it's a game featuring my favorite team - New York Rangers - I find myself changing channels away from any game headed into OT.

I understand the NHL's desire for every match to have a "winner". But how can you have a "winner" in every game, when every game does not have a "loser"?

i agree - simple - 2 points for a win - zero for a loss - regardless of how it occurs. please no 3-2-1 point system either!

also- with the new glove on the puck during faceoff penalty you now have 3 ways to call glove on puck/hand pass:

1- hand pass in defensive zone (by defensive team) - no whistle, no penalty
2- hand pass elsewhere - whistle and face off
3- hand pass by center during faceoff - penalty

ridiculous - i'd be happy with no hand pass allowed anywhere. no penalty, just faceoff.

#494 OFFLINE   boukengreen

boukengreen

Legend

• Registered
  • 346 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:59 AM

i think i would rather see the NHL go to the 3-point system the IIHF uses for the international tournaments places greater empishs on winning in regulation.
There are some things arrows can't kill, for everything else there's Master Sword.

#495 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,763 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:09 PM

A TSN HD feed with commercials tonight. Sweet.

#496 OFFLINE   TANK

TANK

Icon

• DBSTalk Club
  • 884 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:04 AM

Yes it is a annoying system. I haven't watched a shootout in yrs.

But because of the "wisdom" of Bettman and the BOG we are stuck with it.

They decided the fans deserved more than a tie after watching 6o minutes of hockey,and needed the shootout to decide a winner withih a certain amount of time for tv broadcasters

#497 OFFLINE   ohpuckhead

ohpuckhead

Godfather

• Registered
  • 280 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:47 PM

Has anybody in this long thread addressed the fact that with all of the games on NHL Network this season it really devalues the NHLCI package? Example, tonight they carried Caps at Pens. If the game isn't on NHL Network I can choose which feed. With it on NHL Network both feeds are blacked out on their regular channels and NHL gives me Pitt feed. This has happened several times this season. It would be different if NHLN sent its own announcing team and did their own telecast. But all it does is choose one local feed. I don't want to hear Paul Steigerwald and his gang. It's great if you don't have NHLCI but for us loyal subscribers it sucks. :( :mad:
::soapbox::

#498 OFFLINE   loudo

loudo

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,478 posts
  • LocationCentral Maine

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:57 PM

Has anybody in this long thread addressed the fact that with all of the games on NHL Network this season it really devalues the NHLCI package? Example, tonight they carried Caps at Pens. If the game isn't on NHL Network I can choose which feed. With it on NHL Network both feeds are blacked out on their regular channels and NHL gives me Pitt feed. This has happened several times this season. It would be different if NHLN sent its own announcing team and did their own telecast. But all it does is choose one local feed. I don't want to hear Paul Steigerwald and his gang. It's great if you don't have NHLCI but for us loyal subscribers it sucks. :( :mad:

Unfortunately it has been that way for years. Same thing happens when the games are on the networks on the weekends. But it doesn't bother me as much as the lack of Canadian HD games. That is my main issue, and may cause me to go to GC next year if it doesn't change soon.

H44-200 - Samsung 1080p 46" LED - HDMI
C41-100 - Samsunbg 32" LED - HDMI
C41-100 - Mitsubishi 1080p 57" DLP - HDMI - Pioneer Home Theater Sound

LG 20 LCD" & Viewsonic 17" HDTV LCD - Component via Cat 6 baluns from HR44-200
Slimline w/ SWM3 LNB. OTA master antenna system to all sets.

#499 OFFLINE   boukengreen

boukengreen

Legend

• Registered
  • 346 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:06 PM

yea i defiantly hate it especially when the post game for the team is also blacked out like the pens was tonight.
There are some things arrows can't kill, for everything else there's Master Sword.

#500 OFFLINE   Sandra

Sandra

Legend

• Registered
  • 288 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:06 AM

...not to mention NHL Network's obnoxiously intrusive scrolling at the bottom of the screen.

Sandra

Protected By... spam firewall...And...