Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

NHL 2012-2013 Thread / NHL Center Ice / All NHL topics

• Please log in to reply
601 replies to this topic

#541 ONLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,279 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:28 PM

I don't know. I was in Ohio last week. 30 miles outside of Columbus. At a sports bar that has DirecTV CI. Had to basically bribe the manager to get them to turn one TV to the Blackhawks game. All 20-25 TVs had basketball games on.

Hockey fans are certainly enjoying this season and I hope we grow so more fans. But I think hockey has years to go before it is at the forefront of sports in the US.

Fun game tonight. Thought it was going to be another OT game.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#542 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,170 posts
  • LocationGalactic Empire

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:12 AM

But I think hockey has years to go before it is at the forefront of sports in the US.

I don't disagree with that statement, personally. In fact, I don't know if hockey will ever be as popular as the 4 major sports. However, the Blackhawks are certainly making it more popular and creating quite a buzz. It's nice to see a team with such a storied history being the ones creating this.

Figures, too--6 months after I move out of the area, they decide to turn it on. :P

FAITH: I find the lack of it disturbing.

Opinions are my own but should be those of all Americans, who would be much better off intellectually, psychologically, and emotionally if that were the case.

#543 ONLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,279 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:28 AM

I seem to remember they did pretty good a couple of years ago. :D

#544 OFFLINE   djlong

djlong

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,188 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:09 AM

I see two endings..

1) The Blackhawks do a monster stomp through the rest of the season and cruise through the playoffs winning the Cup and this season literally goes down in history.

2) The Blackhawks stumble in the playoffs and are remembered in the same breath with the New England Patriots of a few years ago who won every game except the last one (Super Bowl).

#545 OFFLINE   slapshot1959

slapshot1959

Legend

• Registered
  • 194 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:28 AM

Does it ever get old?

Hell no!

#546 OFFLINE   slapshot1959

slapshot1959

Legend

• Registered
  • 194 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:34 AM

I see two endings..

1) The Blackhawks do a monster stomp through the rest of the season and cruise through the playoffs winning the Cup and this season literally goes down in history.

2) The Blackhawks stumble in the playoffs and are remembered in the same breath with the New England Patriots of a few years ago who won every game except the last one (Super Bowl).

Well you pretty much covered all the bases with that statement.

Whatever happens, it's nice to see something positive about hockey,and in particular the Hawks getting national attention, even if it's not as much as it would be if it was football or basketball. After a lockout, no better way to have people forget it ever happened.

#547 ONLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,279 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:42 PM

NHLPA agrees to new realignment proposal this afternoon. BOG has to approve, but that should just be a formality.

#548 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:05 PM

Well, we knew it wouldn't last forever. Funny, I texted a buddy of mine before this game tonight against Colorado, saying that I had a very bad feeling about this game.

Opinions are my own but should be those of all Americans, who would be much better off intellectually, psychologically, and emotionally if that were the case.

#549 OFFLINE   loudo

loudo

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,459 posts
  • LocationCentral Maine

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:28 PM

It was a great run.

H44-200 - Samsung 1080p 46" LED - HDMI
C41-100 - Samsunbg 32" LED - HDMI
C41-100 - Mitsubishi 1080p 57" DLP - HDMI - Pioneer Home Theater Sound

LG 20 LCD" & Viewsonic 17" HDTV LCD - Component via Cat 6 baluns from HR44-200
Slimline w/ SWM3 LNB. OTA master antenna system to all sets.

#550 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:19 AM

And they're still a remarkable team.

#551 OFFLINE   donalddickerson2005

donalddickerson2005

Legend

• Registered
  • 230 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:41 AM

As a blues fan I am happy that the b-hawks got beat and BAD.
As a hockey fan I am a little disappointed because ESPN will now go back to only putting 2 minutes and no it an entire 10 minute segment like it is now.
Hr34-700 living room
C31-700 bedroom
H23-600 family room

#552 OFFLINE   slapshot1959

slapshot1959

Legend

• Registered
  • 194 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:28 AM

As a blues fan I am happy that the b-hawks got beat and BAD.
As a hockey fan I am a little disappointed because ESPN will now go back to only putting 2 minutes and no it an entire 10 minute segment like it is now.

Any hockey fan who depends on ESPN for hockey coverage is either misguided,delusional or a masochist.(not saying you are,just how bad they suck at it)
I haven't watched ESPN in years and if I could remove it from my Directv package I would.

#553 OFFLINE   donalddickerson2005

donalddickerson2005

Legend

• Registered
  • 230 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:33 AM

Any hockey fan who depends on ESPN for hockey coverage is either misguided,delusional or a masochist.(not saying you are,just how bad they suck at it)
I haven't watched ESPN in years and if I could remove it from my Directv package I would.

That is not what I am meaning. I have the NHL network but since most sports fans just watch ESPN it would be great if they put a few more highlights on. Do they have to put lebron James on every 5 minutes.
Hr34-700 living room
C31-700 bedroom
H23-600 family room

#554 OFFLINE   Jimmy 440

Jimmy 440

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,665 posts
  • LocationMonmouth County NJ

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:01 PM

Anyone get NHLCI and or MLB EI via Verizon Fios or Comcast Cable ? Are all games included,dual feeds,how many games are in HD etc.Any comments pro or con.I will unfortunatly be moving from my current location to an apartment in the next few month & D will NOT be an option (and that's killing me).I would appreciate any feedback.Thx !

JIMMY

DirecTv 1999
Olevia 42" HD
HR22-100
--------------------
NHL CI
MLB EI

#555 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 03:03 AM

Anyone happen to see the current issue of Sports Illustrated? Hockey fans will like the cover; Blackhawks fans will love the cover. :)

Speaking of dem Hawks--they unleashed a can of whoop-@ss against the Stars last night. 8-1 the final score. Yowzer! :eek2:

#556 OFFLINE   slapshot1959

slapshot1959

Legend

• Registered
  • 194 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:40 AM

Anyone happen to see the current issue of Sports Illustrated? Hockey fans will like the cover; Blackhawks fans will love the cover. :)

Speaking of dem Hawks--they unleashed a can of whoop-@ss against the Stars last night. 8-1 the final score. Yowzer! :eek2:

Talk about clicking on all 8 cylinders! Nice to see fo sho!

#557 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:54 AM

And if I hadn't taken a last minute game to work, I was going to drive up to Dallas to attend that game. Figures I'd miss a romp.

#558 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,703 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:43 PM

Looks like we got a CSN-Philly HD feed tonight for the Flyers game, might be a back haul feed from Montreal.

#559 ONLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,279 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:52 PM

I noticed a scroll on the bottom of NBCSN that said the Stanley Cup Playoffs begin in 8 days..... Still hoping the Wings make it in

Edited by trh, 22 April 2013 - 08:54 PM.

#560 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,703 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:44 PM

Last night for HNIC, Don Cherry and Satellite Hot Stove. :(

spam firewall