Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

NHL 2012-2013 Thread / NHL Center Ice / All NHL topics

• Please log in to reply
601 replies to this topic

#561 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,739 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:23 PM

Are you guys ready for some Stanley Cup playoff hockey?

The teams and schedule have been set. Looks like they're going to be using CNBC a lot. If I were D* I would temporally mirror CNBC to channel 219 or 221 next to NBCSN so no one misses a game.

And where is our NBC Sports app support, how come D* isn't one of the supported providers?

Its going to be an exciting two months. :)

Schedule > http://www.nhl.com/i...s.htm?id=668207

Edited by TheRatPatrol, 28 April 2013 - 09:38 PM.

• badger04 likes this

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#562 OFFLINE   badger04

badger04

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 28 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:30 AM

Go Blackhawks!!

#563 OFFLINE   esbenson

esbenson

• Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:20 PM

With the back to back games on NBC Sports Network, how are the inevitable overtime games being handled?  Will the second game start on another channel or just be joined in progress?

#564 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,739 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:28 PM

With the back to back games on NBC Sports Network, how are the inevitable overtime games being handled?  Will the second game start on another channel or just be joined in progress?

Thats a good question, but if I recall right, I think last year they used CNBC and MSNBC as backups.

#565 OFFLINE   esbenson

esbenson

• Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:51 PM

Thats a good question, but if I recall right, I think last year they used CNBC and MSNBC as backups.

I took a second look at the schedule and saw that CNBC has some doubleheaders as well, so they are out for some nights (like Thursday).

#566 OFFLINE   zmancartfan

zmancartfan

AllStar

• Registered
  • 82 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:55 PM

Last year DirecTV carried the alternate feeds for NBC Sports when there was a back to back game. You could watch the west coast feed in its entirety on the alternate, but the main channel would JIP if they couldn't hold the start of the later game for an overtime in the first.

Any word if DirecTV will be carrying the alternates now that they've moved the channel up to 220?

#567 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,739 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:17 PM

Last year DirecTV carried the alternate feeds for NBC Sports when there was a back to back game. You could watch the west coast feed in its entirety on the alternate, but the main channel would JIP if they couldn't hold the start of the later game for an overtime in the first.
Any word if DirecTV will be carrying the alternates now that they've moved the channel up to 220?

I haven't heard anything official, but I guess they could put it on 221 if needed. I still like the idea of mirroring CNBC to 219 during games.

Edited by TheRatPatrol, 29 April 2013 - 06:18 PM.

#568 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,316 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:05 PM

I wonder what NBC execs were thinking today when the Caps/Rangers game went into overtime.  I didn't see any contingency plans announced by NBC like they did in previous years.

#569 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,739 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:01 PM

I wonder what NBC execs were thinking today when the Caps/Rangers game went into overtime.  I didn't see any contingency plans announced by NBC like they did in previous years.

I'm sure one of them would have moved to NBCSN.

#570 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,739 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:35 AM

Hockey on all day, love these staggard start times. :)
  • Jimmy 440 likes this

#571 OFFLINE   eddieras

eddieras

Godfather

• Registered
  • 251 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:43 AM

I'm sure one of them would have moved to NBCSN.

and we all know which would have gotten bumped!

#572 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,316 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:56 AM

Yes, Hockey.  NBC's announced plan for the past three years was to carry two OTs on NBC and if the games went any longer, they would shift the game to CNBC.

Of course you can compare this to the Frozen Four this year.  The Championship game was joined in progress about 7 minutes late by ESPN -- they had a college softball game on in the top of the last inning.  They finally moved that softball game to another channel.

#573 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,739 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:58 PM

Another OT game now. I wonder if they'll put the MINN/CHI game on another channel until the PIT/NYI game ends?

#574 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,739 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:11 PM

Looks like we're getting CBC HNIC coverage on the NHLN.  Lets see if they give us the intermission stuff.

#575 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,316 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:28 PM

I know its been nine years since Toronto hosted a playoff game, but I think the crowds in the street are a bit much. You'd think this was their national sport or something.

#576 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,739 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:09 PM

I feel sorry for the people in Detroit having to watch game 7 starting at 10pm EST. It should have been scheduled as an afternoon game.
  • sigma1914 likes this

#577 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,316 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:15 PM

NBCSN Alt is active tonight with Detroit/Annaheim game as Boston Toronto runs over. DirecTV 221-1

I wonder if the entire game will be on the Alt channel? I want to record the game.

#578 OFFLINE   S.C. Am

S.C. Am

Mentor

• Registered
  • 47 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:12 AM

I feel sorry for the people in Detroit having to watch game 7 starting at 10pm EST. It should have been scheduled as an afternoon game.

The main thing is that the Wings won. If they have the same results with the Hawks, another Cup is on the way.

#579 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,316 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:20 AM

S. C. Am -- that is an awfully big IF. Chicago has been incredible all season long.

I'll be rooting for the Wings, but I'm not going to be betting any money on them.
  • loudo likes this

#580 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,211 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:22 PM

S. C. Am -- that is an awfully big IF. Chicago has been incredible all season long.

I'll be rooting for the Wings, but I'm not going to be betting any money on them.

just don't show it any where near Chicago and you will be ok.

I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...