Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

NHL 2012-2013 Thread / NHL Center Ice / All NHL topics

• Please log in to reply
601 replies to this topic

#41 ONLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,382 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:02 PM

Have any D* folks looked at their accounts online lately? I was in today to check on something and noticed under "My Sports" it indicates I have no sports subscriptions and NHLCI is not in the list of options below. I've been a subscriber on auto-renew since 2003...so that was odd.

I just looked, and you're right. It's not even in the list Let's hope their contract isn't up for renewal...

I just looked at My Sports and NHL Center Ice is listed. $0.00

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   zmancartfan

zmancartfan

AllStar

• Registered
  • 89 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 07:02 PM

When does the billing start for the upcoming season -- assuming that there is a season? Before of after 9/1?

#43 OFFLINE   loudo

loudo

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,487 posts
  • LocationCentral Maine

Posted 23 August 2012 - 07:23 PM

When does the billing start for the upcoming season -- assuming that there is a season? Before of after 9/1?

Looks like they are holding the billing until we know for sure if there is going to be a season.

H44-200 - Samsung 1080p 46" LED - HDMI
C41-100 - Samsunbg 32" LED - HDMI
C41-100 - Mitsubishi 1080p 57" DLP - HDMI - Pioneer Home Theater Sound

LG 20 LCD" & Viewsonic 17" HDTV LCD - Component via Cat 6 baluns from HR44-200
Slimline w/ SWM3 LNB. OTA master antenna system to all sets.

#44 OFFLINE   zmancartfan

zmancartfan

AllStar

• Registered
  • 89 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 07:38 PM

That was going to be my next question. Let's just hope we don't make it to 9/15 with these same questions.

#45 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:44 PM

NHL labor update

Talks, resumed Tuesday and just after 4pm the meetings wrapped up with the NHL making a counter proposal to the NHLPA's proposal from 2 weeks ago.

NHLPA will review tonight / morning and talks will continue tomorrow.

lets hope they find some platform to agree on.

Directv Premier Sport Packages  NFL ST, MLB EI, NHL CI, NBA LP,

Comcast Triple Play TV ( cheapest tv package for CSN Philly and TCN)

#46 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 03:07 PM

this saturday 9/1 usually is the first day directv starts taking early bird offers for NHL CI for the new season.

usually channel 107 or somewhere around there usually is used incase people want to order via remote.

So i wonder if both will be delayed until they have assurance of new season

#47 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 03:10 PM

here are a few tweets i thought were interesting following the NHL's counter proposal.

@michaelgrange: Bettman -- we made a counter proposal, we believe it was significant and had movement #NHL #NHLPA #CBA

@michaelgrange: Bettman -- re: counter offering: in order to move the process along ... I'm trying to get us speaking the same language #CBA #NHL #NHLPA

@RenLavoieRDS: Gary Bettman: "we are not far apart on the revenue sharing."

@ChrisBottaNHL: Bettman says revenue sharing "will not break or break this deal" and sides are close enough on that issue. Big issue is contracts.

#48 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 03:12 PM

guys, as you notice i changed my avatar pic, from my flyers logo to the sword of omens, its at a point where i need

SIGHT BEYOND SIGHT

to hopefully pray to god we have a new deal. I really don't want to into the fall without hockey

#49 ONLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,382 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 28 August 2012 - 04:12 PM

I really don't want to into the fall without hockey

NCAA hockey! And Penn State is building a new facility and will be going Division 1 (I think next season).

#50 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 05:07 PM

NCAA hockey! And Penn State is building a new facility and will be going Division 1 (I think next season).

thats cool, i had no clue penn state was getting into hockey.

the only arena that i knew being built around my area is the phantoms new arena.

phantoms are moving to allentown and its a permanant move thank god.

here is a updated look at the new site

http://www.phantomsarena.com/

they begin playing hockey in allentown october 2013.

they play in glen falls NY 1 more year.

the penguins AHL is 1 hr north in scranton.

so this will be fun.

#51 ONLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,382 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 28 August 2012 - 05:24 PM

They have had pretty good teams for a long time. Link here on their schedule for this year. And I was wrong: it looks like they will be Division 1 team this year as an Independent, but then next season they will be in the newly formed Big Ten conference (Penn State going Division 1 had a huge ripple effect throughout College Hockey).

Their new $88 million hockey arena ground breaking was earlier this year and is schedule for completion in Sept. 2013. All thanks to a donation by Terrence Pegula, new owner of the Buffalo Sabres.

#52 OFFLINE   boukengreen

boukengreen

Legend

• Registered
  • 350 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:37 PM

GO UAH
(the red-headed step child of d1 college hockey)
There are some things arrows can't kill, for everything else there's Master Sword.

#53 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 08:30 PM

NHL labor update, i found some other tweets and have a possible break down of the NHL counter proposal, here is what the NHL is proposing, that the NHL PA is revewing tonight and will continue to meet again with NHL.

aaronward_nhl 3:31pm via Twitter for iPhone
Fehr,NHLPA lawyers presently reviewing NHL proposal w/ intent of 'staying on pace'.Expect comment on proposal & more clarity tomorrow #TSN

michaelgrange 3:31pm via Twitter for iPhone
Some details on #NHL proposal; told league to phase in new HRR split: 52-48 (players) in yr 1; 50-50 in yr 2 etc #NHL #CBA #NHLPA

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger
NHL proposed a 6 year term today. Players Share: 2012/13 - 51.6% 2013/14 - 50.5% 2014/15 - 49.6% 2015/16 - 50% 2016/17 - 50% 2017/18 - 50%

The NHL proposal calls for a fixed salary cap of $58 million next season and then caps of $60 million and $62 million. Under the plan, the league projected a fourth-year salary cap of $64.2 million, a fifth year at $67.6 million and the final season's cap of $71.1 million.

The NHL is not asking for any rollback in current contracts, suggesting that the adjustment could be made through changes in contracting practices, increases in league-wide revenue and contributions to player escrow.

Although the league has proposed a fix-dollar amount for the first three years, the league's proposal includes a provision for players to receive more if revenue growth exceeds 10%.

This is a great offer for both sides, though we would have to see what concessions the NHL is willing to give the NHLPA. Haven't seen anything regarding that yet.

#54 OFFLINE   zmancartfan

zmancartfan

AllStar

• Registered
  • 89 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 08:43 PM

Hey la24philly,

Since you seem to be keeping up with the negotiations, is there any word on whether the CBA addresses possible league realignment? Wasn't one of the reasons that the proposal for the new divisions was shot down by the NHLPA last year that they wanted to deal with it in the new CBA?

#55 ONLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,382 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 29 August 2012 - 05:15 AM

From the Canadian Press

Pressure is mounting on both sides with the CBA set to expire Sept. 15 and the league having already stated it will lock the players out if a new agreement isn't in place by then.

There's a growing feeling throughout the sport that it's an inevitability. Minnesota Wild forward Zach Parise, who signed a monster US$98-million, 13-year deal in free agency, became the latest to voice that opinion this week when he told the St. Paul Pioneer Press that "Gary's pretty adamant about his third lockout of his tenure."

Players currently get 57% of the revenues; the NHL wanted to lower that to 43%. Current proposal by the league is 50. PA was at 54.

I haven't seen anything mentioned about realignment. When the PA said no to the propsed realignment back in January, Bettman was quick to point out that previously the PA had never approved, disapproved or asked for a review on any previous alignment changes. And under the current CBA, they don't have the right too. The league stopped their realignment as a sign of good faith and in an effort not to upset the players with upcoming negotiations.

I'm gearing up for no NHL this season. With the Sports Pack, there are quite a few college games broadcast, but those are normally only on the weekends. I wonder if the NHL will pick up any minor league games?

#56 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 06:10 AM

Hey la24philly,

Since you seem to be keeping up with the negotiations, is there any word on whether the CBA addresses possible league realignment? Wasn't one of the reasons that the proposal for the new divisions was shot down by the NHLPA last year that they wanted to deal with it in the new CBA?

i believe the realignment issue will be apart of the talks laster towards the end of negotiations.

Both sides are prioritizing, and the main issue is CORE ECONOMIC ISSUES.

REV SPLIT

CONTRACTS

CAP

if the cap is lowered to 58m teams are going to have to shed a ton of money. 16 teams would be over the cap, ex flyers would have to shed 9 mil this season alone to get under the 58 cap.

Wild would be pissed, they just had there best free agent summer ever, and i not sure who'd be cut, but they would have a hell of a time getting under.

then in year 2 the cap goes to 60, year 3 62 year 4 64 , year 5 67, and tops out in the final year of the 6 year proposal at 71.5

they might include an amnesty for this year, it wasn't announced but if they are going to ask teams to shed 9-12 mill, im thinking amnesty could be in play here.

bottom line, my overall gut says the PA will not accpet this deal, however both sides were looking for some platform on which to build and be on some what of a same page.

they have accomplished that with one of the big core issues - THE REV SPLIT

basically 50-50 players were at 57 rev last year, NHL proposed 43 in there 1st proposal in july, which was a joke of a number.

so atleast both sides are now on common ground on rev split.

#57 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 06:24 AM

the nhl wants to reduce is overall financial demands by 120 million in the first year of the proposal.

so far heading into today, everyone is expecting the NHL PA to oppose this deal. So did i.

both sides will meet again on wednesday, I just hope both can agree on the rev split which is 50-50 and start to build again.

#58 OFFLINE   Ira Lacher

Ira Lacher

Icon

• Registered
  • 823 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:47 AM

Two lost seasons within eight years? No wonder the term "cement head" originated in the NHL.
-- Ira

================================================
"There are no solutions to complex problems" -- Stan Littman, longtime social studies teacher at The Bronx High School of Science

#59 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:18 PM

if a lockout happens it will be the 3rd in bettman's regime i wish he would be fired, or quit, or somethign just get out of hockey

#60 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:18 PM

we have some breaking news, not sure if its good or bad or what but 530 will know

Aaron Ward ‏@aaronward_nhl

There will be a conference call @5:30 pm EST today between negotiating committee,executive board & players to discuss NHL proposal. #TSN
Expand

Retweet
Favorite

Protected By... spam firewall...And...