Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

NHL 2012-2013 Thread / NHL Center Ice / All NHL topics

• Please log in to reply
601 replies to this topic

#51 ONLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,637 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 28 August 2012 - 05:24 PM

They have had pretty good teams for a long time. Link here on their schedule for this year. And I was wrong: it looks like they will be Division 1 team this year as an Independent, but then next season they will be in the newly formed Big Ten conference (Penn State going Division 1 had a huge ripple effect throughout College Hockey).

Their new $88 million hockey arena ground breaking was earlier this year and is schedule for completion in Sept. 2013. All thanks to a donation by Terrence Pegula, new owner of the Buffalo Sabres.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#52 OFFLINE   boukengreen

boukengreen

Legend

• Registered
  • 362 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:37 PM

NCAA hockey! And Penn State is building a new facility and will be going Division 1 (I think next season).

GO UAH
(the red-headed step child of d1 college hockey)
There are some things arrows can't kill, for everything else there's Master Sword.

#53 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 08:30 PM

NHL labor update, i found some other tweets and have a possible break down of the NHL counter proposal, here is what the NHL is proposing, that the NHL PA is revewing tonight and will continue to meet again with NHL.

aaronward_nhl 3:31pm via Twitter for iPhone
Fehr,NHLPA lawyers presently reviewing NHL proposal w/ intent of 'staying on pace'.Expect comment on proposal & more clarity tomorrow #TSN

michaelgrange 3:31pm via Twitter for iPhone
Some details on #NHL proposal; told league to phase in new HRR split: 52-48 (players) in yr 1; 50-50 in yr 2 etc #NHL #CBA #NHLPA

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger
NHL proposed a 6 year term today. Players Share: 2012/13 - 51.6% 2013/14 - 50.5% 2014/15 - 49.6% 2015/16 - 50% 2016/17 - 50% 2017/18 - 50%

The NHL proposal calls for a fixed salary cap of $58 million next season and then caps of $60 million and $62 million. Under the plan, the league projected a fourth-year salary cap of $64.2 million, a fifth year at $67.6 million and the final season's cap of $71.1 million.

The NHL is not asking for any rollback in current contracts, suggesting that the adjustment could be made through changes in contracting practices, increases in league-wide revenue and contributions to player escrow.

Although the league has proposed a fix-dollar amount for the first three years, the league's proposal includes a provision for players to receive more if revenue growth exceeds 10%.

This is a great offer for both sides, though we would have to see what concessions the NHL is willing to give the NHLPA. Haven't seen anything regarding that yet.

Directv Premier Sport Packages  NFL ST, MLB EI, NHL CI, NBA LP,

Comcast Triple Play TV ( cheapest tv package for CSN Philly and TCN)

#54 OFFLINE   zmancartfan

zmancartfan

AllStar

• Registered
  • 89 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 08:43 PM

Hey la24philly,

Since you seem to be keeping up with the negotiations, is there any word on whether the CBA addresses possible league realignment? Wasn't one of the reasons that the proposal for the new divisions was shot down by the NHLPA last year that they wanted to deal with it in the new CBA?

#55 ONLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,637 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 29 August 2012 - 05:15 AM

From the Canadian Press

Pressure is mounting on both sides with the CBA set to expire Sept. 15 and the league having already stated it will lock the players out if a new agreement isn't in place by then.

There's a growing feeling throughout the sport that it's an inevitability. Minnesota Wild forward Zach Parise, who signed a monster US$98-million, 13-year deal in free agency, became the latest to voice that opinion this week when he told the St. Paul Pioneer Press that "Gary's pretty adamant about his third lockout of his tenure."

Players currently get 57% of the revenues; the NHL wanted to lower that to 43%. Current proposal by the league is 50. PA was at 54.

I haven't seen anything mentioned about realignment. When the PA said no to the propsed realignment back in January, Bettman was quick to point out that previously the PA had never approved, disapproved or asked for a review on any previous alignment changes. And under the current CBA, they don't have the right too. The league stopped their realignment as a sign of good faith and in an effort not to upset the players with upcoming negotiations.

I'm gearing up for no NHL this season. With the Sports Pack, there are quite a few college games broadcast, but those are normally only on the weekends. I wonder if the NHL will pick up any minor league games?

#56 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 06:10 AM

Hey la24philly,

Since you seem to be keeping up with the negotiations, is there any word on whether the CBA addresses possible league realignment? Wasn't one of the reasons that the proposal for the new divisions was shot down by the NHLPA last year that they wanted to deal with it in the new CBA?

i believe the realignment issue will be apart of the talks laster towards the end of negotiations.

Both sides are prioritizing, and the main issue is CORE ECONOMIC ISSUES.

REV SPLIT

CONTRACTS

CAP

if the cap is lowered to 58m teams are going to have to shed a ton of money. 16 teams would be over the cap, ex flyers would have to shed 9 mil this season alone to get under the 58 cap.

Wild would be pissed, they just had there best free agent summer ever, and i not sure who'd be cut, but they would have a hell of a time getting under.

then in year 2 the cap goes to 60, year 3 62 year 4 64 , year 5 67, and tops out in the final year of the 6 year proposal at 71.5

they might include an amnesty for this year, it wasn't announced but if they are going to ask teams to shed 9-12 mill, im thinking amnesty could be in play here.

bottom line, my overall gut says the PA will not accpet this deal, however both sides were looking for some platform on which to build and be on some what of a same page.

they have accomplished that with one of the big core issues - THE REV SPLIT

basically 50-50 players were at 57 rev last year, NHL proposed 43 in there 1st proposal in july, which was a joke of a number.

so atleast both sides are now on common ground on rev split.

#57 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 06:24 AM

the nhl wants to reduce is overall financial demands by 120 million in the first year of the proposal.

so far heading into today, everyone is expecting the NHL PA to oppose this deal. So did i.

both sides will meet again on wednesday, I just hope both can agree on the rev split which is 50-50 and start to build again.

#58 OFFLINE   Ira Lacher

Ira Lacher

Icon

• Registered
  • 823 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:47 AM

Two lost seasons within eight years? No wonder the term "cement head" originated in the NHL.
-- Ira

================================================
"There are no solutions to complex problems" -- Stan Littman, longtime social studies teacher at The Bronx High School of Science

#59 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:18 PM

if a lockout happens it will be the 3rd in bettman's regime i wish he would be fired, or quit, or somethign just get out of hockey

#60 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:18 PM

we have some breaking news, not sure if its good or bad or what but 530 will know

Aaron Ward ‏@aaronward_nhl

There will be a conference call @5:30 pm EST today between negotiating committee,executive board & players to discuss NHL proposal. #TSN
Expand

Retweet
Favorite

#61 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:29 PM

Tim Panaccio ‏@tpanotchCSN
League has called media inside for presser setup but apparently sides still talking

Both sides calling conference calls? This should mean good things

#62 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:30 PM

guys, im not saying anything yet, but we might have some breaking news on a new CBA, nothing if offical and dont quote me.

NHL and NHL PA have called for the press C at 530pm,

some tweets are poping out that some good news is on the horizon, but no one is saying offically anything.

#63 OFFLINE   boukengreen

boukengreen

Legend

• Registered
  • 362 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:45 PM

i really hope this is good news got to have some hockey during the week as the SPHL mainly plays on the weekend
There are some things arrows can't kill, for everything else there's Master Sword.

#64 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:49 PM

i really hope this is good news got to have some hockey during the week as the SPHL mainly plays on the weekend

tim pannachio works for CSN and covers the flyers. he is in NYC, along with TSN guy aaron ward.

both from what i read, there are some good news.

for all we know the 530 presser could be a bad one,

but if both sides are calling for the presser and both are on conference calls tahts good.

it appears they are on conference calls to update the players, and owners and all involved.

so lets hope we have good news.

the number of years i been reading indicates if this is a new deal it will be 6 years.

not sure yet so, lets hope.

#65 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:09 PM

aaron ward reports

Aaron Ward ‏@aaronward_nhl
NHL / NHLPA done meetings. #TSN

#66 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:09 PM

i wonder if they are on conference calls, to update all parties about whatever it is they did in the meetings.

NHL side- is probably on conference with owners and board of governers etc

NHL PA is probably on with players, etc

#67 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:46 PM

new tweets have come up in the last 20 min, indicating there won't be a deal announced today.

NHLPA, wants to see HRR breakdown by each club by club. they saw it today as a NHL whole.

the NHL wants a 6 year deal NHL PA is at 5.

NHL PA plans to counter with a new proposal on thurs or friday.

it seems some traction has been made.

So will see what happens in the press conference, but I don't think will have the deal today, but some progress was made and it looks like if the NHL pa has a new proposal set for thursday or friday, we won't have a new deal until possibly next week.

#68 ONLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,637 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 30 August 2012 - 04:56 PM

I'd be surprised if they sign anything until they get closer to 9/15. But the talking heads all think there won't be a deal; and they've been saying that since the NHLPA hired Fehr (but I hope I'm wrong!).

#69 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:29 AM

TSN announces there broad cast schedule for 2012-2013

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=404163

#70 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:37 AM

NHL labor talks resume today. Fehr was hoping to have the counter proposal yesterday, but needed more time, it's expected today and he finally got the HRR breakdown from last year and it is broken down club by club.

will see what the new counter proposal is by end of friday.

What will happen, NHL will take time to review the proposal over the weekend. Both sides will meet again next week, not sure if they will work monday due to labor day, most likely tuesday. I just hope they keep meeting.

Camp opens sept 21, so they actually will have 5 extra days if need to make a deal. reg season starts oct 11, so lets hope if there is a delay only some or alll of the preseason would get axed.

I think a deal will happens next week. But I think they will announce it the following week, the week of the sept 15 deadline.

#71 OFFLINE   Sandra

Sandra

Legend

• Registered
  • 288 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:46 AM

la24philly...thanks for the updates...keep em coming!

How ironic if they take Monday off and do not work on a new labor deal on Labor Day!

Sandra

#72 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:20 AM

sandra, im hearing the NHL and NHL PA, will work through the weekend.

that hasn't been confirmed, and I'm not sure if it will be the entire weekend.

I'm hearing Saturday and Sunday are in, Not sure on monday though.

#73 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:22 AM

NHL releases all national games for all national networks.

all though some haven't broken them down as to wich games they will show. but

we now know how many games each network is doing and on what days.

http://www.nhl.com/i...s.htm?id=640687

#74 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:22 AM

NHL network, will be showing games heavily on thursday's and Saturdays this year.

with 14 doubleheaders and 3 tripleheaders.

#75 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:25 AM

Oh, if there is no season this year, NBC 10 year tv deal with the NHL, this will be there season number 2 in the deal, the money NBC has already paid the NHL, and if no season happens, then an extra year will be added to the end of the 10 year deal. NBC would get that year free to make up for a lost season if that happens.

No word on what will be the case if its a shorten season, my guess NHL would refund the difference in games lost and this will count as a season under the 10 year deal, but dont quote me on that.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...